Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Gang to target vigilante border patrol
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 11:14 AM) Wasn't a set up. I thought reminding everyone of the positive contributions that Mexican-Americans have made to this country would have balanced all the negatives that these vigilantes like to mention. From a City of Los Angeles Proclamation Alfredo "Freddy" Gonzalez is a local hero around these parts. I see the many Mexican-Americans that enter the service here. Most people do not realize that you do not have to be a US Citizen to join our military. I believe it is a shame that these men and women can bravely serve our country, with honor, and they are not automatically granted citizenship. Mexicans do a lot for our country, I think we all knew and have stated that. Every person who has responded to you has noted that legal immigration is an important part of this country, and probably would acknowledge the vital role that migration has played in the US history. I don't think I have seen anyone on here trying to perpetuate some kind of the "lazy Mexican" stereotype, so I am not quite sure what you are trying to say that people who disagree with you are saying????
-
It's Baby Seal Clubbing Time in Canada
When do the old lady shoving, and kicking people in the nuts day happen?
-
vegas over/under on wins?
82.5 looks about right judging by what I am finding on line.
-
Widger??
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 11:30 AM) I think anything else would be a welcome change. Wait .... No damn politics! I think Michael Jackson is an upstanding citizen, how about you YAS?
-
Goldenpalace.com win on-line auction
QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 11:20 AM) How much will you guys chip in if I legally change my name to Soxtalk.com I got a quarter, anyone else?
-
Opening Day
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 10:26 AM) To find me: I'll have a big covered luggage carrier on top of my maroon Blazer. I'm trying to think of a way to put a Sox helmet on top too. Which lot did you say you were going to be in?
-
Terri Shaivo thread
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 10:07 AM) Wow. RIP to Terri and hopefully everybody can move on in some regards in their lives. Hopefully the media circus will let the people rest and get on with what they need to. Don't worry the media circus is booking their tickets to the Jakko trial as we speak.
-
You ready for this SS2K?
QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 10:13 AM) I know I hated it when Evansville was on the same time as Indy half the year and an hour behind the other half. It was confusing as hell. Especially near the border areas. I had the same proplem in college. Half the year we were on the same time as home, half the year we were an hour ahead. It didn't make any sense.
-
Mookie Blaylock
QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 07:44 PM) I've always liked the name Mookie Blaylock. Those were some fun OU teams... Rickey Grace, Mookie Blalock, Stacey King etc.
-
Miller Park
QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:57 AM) I heard Contreras on Friday and Garland on Saturday. KILL THE MESSENGER!!!
-
Gang to target vigilante border patrol
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:22 AM) Let me see if I understand you. Illegal immigration is a good reason to limit Mexicans legally visiting the US because they are more likely to overstay a 6-month Visa than a 3-month Visa. Mexicans should be punished because of the wrongs of their countrymen, but not given any credit to the good of their countrymen. Did I get that right? Ah the big set up, now I get it.
-
Widger??
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:26 AM) Ahh yes my bad, I don't won't you to get into a whole Juggs argument with me now. Thanks more than you will ever know
-
Widger??
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) I've heard other teams didn't want to claim Davis not only because of his injury, but because they don't think he can handle being a backup instead of a starter. And Sandy's got nothing left, he was brutal defensively behind the plate, perhaps Widger is an upgrade on Burke on that regard? Although, in 2002, Widger threw out 6 of 18 runners and had a CERA of 4.39, while Burke last season threw out 8 of 19 runners and had a CERA of 4.78. Once again, I wouldn't read too much into Burkes CS% as he was MB's catcher.
- Terri Shaivo thread
-
LCD Tv's
If you have the money for a Dell I would do it, if you have to finance I wouldn't. Dell is the worst company I have ever dealt with, bar none. Their customer service is all out sourced to India, and no one makes any sense. They are a nightmare to deal with.
-
ESPN Radio Update just said
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:39 AM) By your argument alone where's the logic in messing with success then? We know what Burke can do pitching Mark. Widger's an unknown. Liked the last 3 girls at the dance analogy. So true! I think Burke lost favor w Oz when Hunter bowled him over. We don't mess with success. MB has been at the top of the league in SB% against and pick offs every year, long before Burke came along. The reason for the success is back.
-
Nba bargains and overpaid players...
So basically all of his value is in the two shares of teams he owns.
-
Illinois
Jesus, how can you be the #1 team in the country all year long and have the #117th class, even with all of the graduations and NBA jumps that are going to happen after this season?
-
Gang to target vigilante border patrol
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:01 AM) If anyone is still interested. When a US Serviceman or woman dies while serving our country in the US military, they are more than 5000 times more likely to be Mexican-American than Canadian-American. Nuke, how many Canadians have you worked with? How many Mexicans? Anyone care to guess how many Hispanics vs. Canadians are Medal of Honor recipients? If I had to guess there would be a pretty direct correlation to the % of Mexicans vs Canadians in the military, and the % of Mexicans vs Canadians who have immigrated to the US. Out of curiousity, what does that have to do with illegal immigration? Heck I could throw out all kinds of crap to see if it sticks. I'll bet the US has lost less jobs to Canada vs Mexico. What does that mean here? Nothing. All you facts mean is that Mexican's who come to the US join the military more often than their Canadian counterparts, because Mexican immigrants on average have less education, and less job opportunities, making the military a more attractive option. Once you are in the military, bullets don't discriminate against who they kill. Is that meant to somehow degrade Canadians? Seriously I really don't get the connection to the conversation.
-
You ready for this SS2K?
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 07:58 AM) That's one of your favorites? You poor, pathetic man.
-
ESPN Radio Update just said
QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:18 AM) This really says what other teams think of him. Isn't the waiver rule that if someone else claimed him they would be responsible for only the MLB minimum of about 250,000 and the Sox would pay the rest? That means no one else likes him even that much. If you claim someone off of waivers, you are responsible for their entire contract as it exsists. If you sign someone after they have been released then you are only responsible for what you sign that player for.
-
Site's on a New Server
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 08:18 AM) You got that right.... Why did you use green?
-
Site's on a New Server
This new server is killer. The site didn't even blink yesterday when we got well over 100 people on here. It will be interesting to see what it is like opening day with way more than that on here.
-
Politte needs to lighten up!
Wow, that has RH specialist written all over it. And with the depth in the pen, we could actually use him that way.
-
Robert Person come on down
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 11:01 PM) Remember those who thought he was going to be our 5th starter last season? If he would have been healthy, he probably would have been our fifth starter, and couldn't have done any worse than the crap we threw out there every fifth day.