Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:16 PM) Carl is going to have a huge season. He's always had the swing but now he's actually in shape. He is motivated after looking fat and worthless last year. Let's hope he can keep it up at least as long as Frank is out.
  2. . 3-0 Sox, this is the top of the first right?
  3. QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:02 PM) Hawk and Ed Farmer in the booth. That should be interesting. Ouch, is their room enough in the booth for both of those egos?
  4. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7335965/
  5. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 01:32 PM) I was there 2 years ago on opening day against Detroit! Me too. 2 hours of downpour and wind. That was one for the ages.
  6. QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 01:06 PM) Why does the organization s*** on Jaimie so much? He has proven himself numerous times in the big leagues. You might want to rethink that one. Jaime Burke has 5 ML at bats that were not with the White Sox. The Sox are the one team that has given him a real chance at the majors. And as for "proving" himself, Jaime got 120 ABs last year, which was 10 times the ABs he had ever had in a season. I would hardly call him proven with a career total of ABs that is just barely past the number that would lose him his rookie status.
  7. QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) Ozzie couldn't break the news? Isn't that part of a manager's job? KW is the one reassigning him... Let him tell him!
  8. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:58 PM) He never had a shot anyways. He's still on the active roster, which led to some whispers that if we had taken 12 pitchers he could have been it. Diaz actually lasted longer than Adkins.
  9. The spin of the ball is the opposite, and it throws players. Some can handle it, many can't. Also LF is usually your weakest arm, as they want someone in RF who can stop a runner from going from 1st to 3rd on a basehit.
  10. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) I would love some loyalty, you can still get tickets whenever you want from guys on the street, but it would be better if we could jsut sell out these games. It will sell out, I am not worried.
  11. Which means we will carry 11 pitchers for sure now. Felix Diaz, your plane to Charlotte is now boarding.
  12. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:42 PM) I was under the impression that we hadnt bought his contract, so if he didnt send him up, he would be able to be bought out by other teams. Actually IIRC we have some kind of an understanding with him, where if we have not called him up by a certian date, he can request us to release him.
  13. QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) Haha, my bad, I didnt mean to rub it in That's all right, we'll get to laugh in August when it is 100 degrees and humid everyday.
  14. southsider2k5 replied to DBAHO's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:36 PM) I just threw up a little. I think I just threw up a lot :puke
  15. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:24 PM) I have been watching both in ST, and I personally think that Widger is a better catcher than Burke. Jamie is a decent contact hitter, but it looked like Widger not only looked better defensively, but he was hitting in the correct areas situationally. I think that another factor was that they wanted to keep both receivers, but they CANNOT send Widger down because he will be claimed. Widger has a minor league contract. He doesn't need to be sent down. He actually would need to be called up to break camp with the Sox.
  16. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    New show on NBC tuesday nites, has anyone else watched it yet? I loved it. It is a lot like the movie "Office Space" without the whole love interest thing going on. It is on after Scrubs and before Law & Order SVU. I highly recommend checking it out, if you have not.
  17. http://www.nbc5.com/family/4330734/detail....994&dppid=65192
  18. One thing I would guess almost for sure, is that the Sox are NOT going to get a major leaguer for Davis. Right now the 40 man is at 38 players. Subtract out Davis and we have 37. Right now we need to add Ozuna and the new catcher (Widger or Burke), and I am guessing that they want to leave the last spot open for McCarthy's eventual call up.
  19. QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 11:30 AM) My guess is whereve Davis is to get traded, it will only be for a lower level minor league prospect. Many teams could use Big Ben as a good backup catcher, but I don't think his price tag will be very high. My guess would be for a AAAA type middle infielder with options to replace Valdez.
  20. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 11:30 AM) Who would backup Burke or Widger? I would bet Widger. Widger. I think Burke is out of the picture.
  21. QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 11:29 AM) I dont think you can ever have too many pitchers. They are trying to make room for Bmac. They don't want anymore pitchers.
  22. QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) ESPN 1000 also said the Rox are trading Charles Johnson to Tampa..and the Rox are getting B Kim from Boston.. not sure for who. Maybe the Sox will trade Ben Davis to the Rox for B Kim....not likely but who knows. Total speculation here. Unless Cliff Politte is involved in the deal, I can't see it happening. We don't want anymore pitchers.
  23. http://www.nbc5.com/family/4329760/detail....994&dppid=65192
  24. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 09:14 AM) so hes not addicted to cocaine???? I can see the Kotex-Boy column already

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.