Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Deja Vu all over again?
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 10:17 AM) on sportsnite they said his calf was back to its regular size, and Walker said he was killing the ball, he just cant run at full speed yet. This offseason he still worked on his upper body with A-row. Back when he injured his tricep he was not able to work out his upper body at all which hurt his muscle memory and his fast-twitch muscle fiber that is used at the plate. I think he will be strong this year, and will have more RBI's than we think. Nothing personal here, but unless the Virgin Mary visited him, there is no way his calf is back to normal. When he got to camp 3 weeks ago, it was noticably smaller than the other one. There is no way phsycially possible that it is back to normal.
-
59 ex-US diplomats oppose Bolton nomination
QUOTE(winodj @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 11:10 AM) Actually, I believe only his hair was nominated. Have you seen him lately? He has a receding hairline, BIGTIME.
-
Happy Birthday Kapkomet
I finally found your birthday present http://www.gamewinners.com/snes/SBaseball2020.htm Study up
-
Crash on Ryan kills 2
Update The driver that caused all of this was fleeing two separate hit and run accidents.
-
Miller Park
QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 09:56 AM) We are going to both games and staying somewhere Friday night. I guess my mom is finding the hotel. Thanks for all the info Jim, I will be sure to get there early and watch some BP. You guys know where you are sitting yet? If so PM me, and we'll stop by and say hey if we have enough time.
-
Deja Vu all over again?
No doubt I am worried. A 275 pound guy with foot problems is not a good combo. If his foot is still swelling up with plane travel, he can't be that healthy. Plus his power leg is shriveled up and obviously weak. I honestly think Carl Everett will outproduce Frank this year.
-
Ready For The Season
QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 09:27 AM) How big of geeks are we, that we are arguing, Star Wars on a baseball message board! I was just thinking the samething
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 09:28 AM) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gaged That is a thing of beauty.
-
Trying to create a town for the deaf
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7267239/
-
High School Shooting in Red Lake, Minnesota
Another arrest has been made in connection with this case. http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/28/school.shooting/index.html
-
White Sox v. A's Spring Training game
QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 08:45 AM) You could say he had a good outing but not great. I would also say he did not do his job. Too many pitchers today focus on this "quality start" mentality. "I went 6 innings and gave up 3 or less runs so I did my job." They should focus on getting the team and themselves a win. Again I'm not saying that is good to give up alot of runs but the bigger picture should be the focus, did the team win and do you win consistently for the team. Its not his job to focus on getting runs. The pitchers job is to focus on getting outs. I think if the pitcher is worried about how many runs the offense is getting he isn't completely focused on getting outs.
-
THT: Sox Season Preview
QUOTE(studes @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 08:46 AM) I'm really not an expert on Japanese baseball. But I thought that Aaron's analysis seemed fair and, from what I've seen in spring training, Iguchi looks like a hitter. I'm not too sure what to think of him in the field, though. What do you guys think? On defense so far Harris>>>Iguchi. Tad's range seems limited, his arm is decent, and he seems scared or inbetween on bounding balls. Maybe it is coming off of playing on turf all of the time, but so far I have not been impressed at all.
-
favorite chicago pro team
Consider this topic closed.
-
Memphis@ bulls.
Kobe would ruin this franchise. I doubt Pax or Skiles are wanting a problem like that on this team.
-
first place bulls?
QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 02:30 AM) I can't even believe you guys are turning this into an actual discussion.... Bulls fans UNDERrating Kirk??? Hinrich-6.7 assists per game Duhon-5.0 assists per game Almost TWO more assists per game while playing the shooting guard position. Enough said. Stop kidding yourselves, Duhon isn't more than a backup. How many more minutes per game does Kirk have to get those assists?
-
Sam Smith peddles qwerty's boy!
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 11:54 PM) LMAO, I love the antihotlinking message
-
Matthews
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 08:04 AM) Maybe Matthews should start taking steroids. Or learn some new jokes...
-
Crash on Ryan kills 2
Busy day over there, there was also someone in the water at the Chicago River and the Van Burean St bridge. It was a wild walk to work this morning with all of the emergency vehicles around.
-
Gang to target vigilante border patrol
I'd be interested to hear Tex's solution for fixing the problem of illegal immigration, since I think he is the only one who lives down there. Myself, I firmly believe that we need to make it impossible for illegal immigrants to be granted amnesty and/or citizenship, ever. I also would make anyone who is convicted of an illegal border crossing permantly unable to take part in a guest worker program (which I also believe needs to really be done). I believe that action encourages the "just get there" mentality that has people risking their lives daily to cross the border. If we remove all possibility of reward from someones illegal actions it would lessen the possibility of it happening. Also if we soften the chance of getting here legally, either through immigration or a guest worker program, people would be more apt to try the legal route. And finally on the race issue, people are simply playing the race card ala Jesse Jackson, way too easily here. The comparison was made to Canada, and I ask how many illegal crossings were made on the US/Canadian border? The problem isn't the same, and doesn't need to be addressed the sameway. It has nothing to do with what country is invovled.
-
Matthews
Much like a 42 year old baseball player, some of these guys just need to hang it up.
-
Happy Birthday Kapkomet
Happy Birthday old man, I was going to send you a cake with candles, but I didn't want to burn down your new house.
-
More Crap from Minny
Wow, I guess things must be going pretty bad at Twins camp to come up with that load of crap. AJ is here, good, bad, or indifferent.
-
Nashville Star
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 29, 2005 -> 06:51 AM) Personally, I think she looked better when she still had a little baby fat on her. She's gotten too damned skinny. She's sickly looking now. I totally agree with you. Throw Kelly Clarkson in that same mix. American Idol days she was hot, now toss her in with all of the rest of the too smalls.
-
Memphis@ bulls.
BULLS WIN!!!
-
Memphis@ bulls.
QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 09:54 PM) Tyson -- 13 points, 14 boards. Eddy -- 25 points, 4 boards. 92-86 Bulls. BUT HOW MANY STEALS DO THEY HAVE?????