Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:54 PM) Maybe we can't trade him because he's injured. Probably with all of the late movement there is no one left who wants Davis for $1 million.
  2. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 07:51 AM) Anything that starts with Jackson is strange. I get weirded out just looking at him. He is freakishly grotesque at this point. Point well taken and 120% agreed with.
  3. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 07:45 AM) That's the way I read it. I don't think we'd all be Central. That will be up for discussion later. This is long overdue! Dang then one of my favorite Bob and Tom jokes will be outdated "Its 12 oclock in New York, its 9 oclock in LA, in Indiana its probably yesterday..." From "It's A Hoosier Thing"
  4. And then we would just follow the rest of the country after that in following Octobers and Aprils? We'd be normal? Whoa.
  5. Did anyone else think it was strange that sex with a girl specifically was mentioned?
  6. So does that affect us who already observe it? I am confused.
  7. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:38 PM) Plus he's White Sox colored. Name him southsider!!!!
  8. Bulls bench scored 65 points tonight. DAYUM!
  9. QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:36 PM) Wasn't the game on csn? Dore did the game i believe. Yes and Yes.
  10. southsider2k5 replied to marsh's topic in SLaM
    :puke is all I can say.
  11. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:32 PM) I love Ben Gordon. And what was Knight thinking trying to pick a fight with Chandler lol. And you know Tyson isn't going to sucker punch someone in the nuts. Boy is from Compton!
  12. QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:32 PM) That was bad on his part but pargo stepped up tonight. No doubt Pargo did his job tonight. Without Pargo, the Bulls lose this game. I just wanted to point out the TO wasn't Gordon's fault on that particular play.
  13. QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:27 PM) Gordon hit a three about three or four feet away away from the three point line. To make it 101-97. Then the bobcats miss i believe and gordon gets fouled. Makess one of two from the line and that's game. How long are you gonna keep your sig up for? And it was over Breezec to top it off.
  14. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:15 PM) And then he throws the ball away. Pargo had his head up his ass, and was supposed to slide into the spot where Gordon threw the ball. Its a part of the Bulls offense. If someone drives the lane, there is a corresponding flare cut to the wing, and Pargo missed it.
  15. QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 07:34 PM) all of you who voted no, are hyprocrites if you ever criticized the white flag trade. 3 1/2 games to make up in 60 games vs 4 1/2 game to make up in 13 games is a BIG BIG difference.
  16. QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 05:51 PM) adkins looked awfully good today Can't argue with that at all. Personally I would be thrilled if he was the last RHP in the pen instead of Politte.
  17. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 04:02 PM) There's a clear pattern in this thread when it comes to Burke. Since you can't make an argument based on any REAL numbers you continue to denegrade the man on the believe that in your opinion there's no such thing as a late bloomer. The only fact you have to support your argument is how long it took Burke to crack the ML's & the ChiSox treatment of him since. How do I know he has a better arm? Because I'VE SEEN HIM PLAY. I'VE SEEN HIM THROW. I've likewise seen Widger & he has a hard time getting rid of the ball. I've not seen enough of Widger in defense of in the dirt pitches to claim he's any better than Burke in that regards. But if he is then I could buy that as a strong argument: Contreras, El Duque, Marte, & Shingo are notorious for wild pitches. How about some real statistics in regard to Mark Buehrle. MB is at the top of major league baseball along with Andy Pettite every stinking year in the number of runners picked off, and of the lowest basestealing percentage against. They are also both the leaders in having the fewest stealing attempts against. Its an easy leap to connect the dots here. MB picks off a lot of runners. Runners stay closer to first base. Lots of runners who are "picked-off" turn out to be guys who go on first movement, which lots of time for MB is a throw to first base, which results in an easy CS for the IFers. Also the brave runners who wait the extra half second to make sure that MB is indeed in his motion before breaking to second base are losing critical time needed to steal second base, making the chances that even a crappy catcher can throw them out, much higher. Thus if someone is MB's personal catcher the fact that they have these built in advantages to throwing out runners, it is a logical conclusion that they will throw out a higher percentage of runners trying to steal. Instead someone who catches the rest of the staff, which includes all RHP who inherently have a disadvantage keeping runners closer to 1B, which gives the runners an extra critical step towards second base, which goes to reason that they will be successful more often. These catchers will also be ran on more often, because the baserunners know they have a better chance of stealing against them, which will also skew the CS% numbers down for the catcher who is trying to get them out. Now what is so difficult about that?
  18. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 07:03 PM) Well, I will always love you SS2K5. We'll have that put on the card
  19. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 04:24 PM) I think I'm going to kill myself if I see you post any more stats. Its been nice knowing you. Would you like us to take up a collection and send you flowers from Soxtalk.com?
  20. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 03:16 PM) Burke has the better arm. His CS% is nearly twice Widgers over the past 3 yrs. Both of them have played about the same number of games in that time. Widger has never handled this staff in a ML game. Burke has. I remain unconvinced but appreciate your effort Being Mark Buehrle's catcher kinda skews that stat package.
  21. I'm usually not one for bumping threads, but many people requested this for the *Official* Opening Day thread, so I am going to pin this. 5 days and counting, I can't wait!!!
  22. QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:47 PM) Amen to that. I don't even think Wimpy was that great of a color guy, but he had great chemistry with Hawk. I miss those two together. No doubt about it. What its TP doing now? Last I knew he was doing fill in work, has he caught on anywhere?
  23. Back to the game... what is the score and inning, please
  24. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:22 PM) The guy that many people here wanted to trade for this offseason -- Javier Vasquez. I am guessing the fact that he didn't want to come here is part of the motivation to kick his ass today. Just a hunch.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.