Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Memphis@ bulls.
Tyson 11 points, 14 boards.
-
Memphis@ bulls.
Offensive foul??? :fyou
-
Memphis@ bulls.
22-5 run by Memphis, 30 points for the game by Wells.
-
Memphis@ bulls.
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 09:34 PM) I would just like to point out Bonzi Wells has more rebounds than Curry. Munice Indiana's own, Bonzi Wells....
-
favorite chicago pro team
QUOTE(soxman35 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 07:56 PM) just want to see who u all like and just wanted to see if there are any b****es in hear that are really not sox fans and like the cubs I got the You are a fool. This poll is as worthless as Eddy Curry on the defensive end of the floor.
-
8.2 earthquake in Andaman Sea
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 08:27 PM) 8.7 off that coast of an island??!! It's surprising there haven't been tsunamis......yet. I wonder if their tourism will take a long term hit with the frequency of these quakes around that region?? It depends on the kind of slippage on the fault. If it was a sliding movement along the fault, there will not be much of a tidal wave. If one side of the fault line falls down, then the water will rush in to fill the vacant area, and then the tsunami will result. In the original quake there was a 60 foot fall along the plate, which resulted in the tidal wave.
-
Around The Majors
QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 07:48 PM) I see Jason didn't make the Tigers, do they really have 11 guys better than him? It just goes to show you that you can think you are in a better position to win a job, but in the end, you have to get guys out. And so far Jason hasn't done that.
-
What Has Spring Training Showed You?
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 07:09 PM) What are you basing this on? Look at his CERA the past 4 yrs I find this hard to believe. If there is a hope for our staff it's that AJP is not going to put up with the crap that Davis & Burke have the past few years. The ChiSox I think more so than any other team in the ALC has had a bunch of premadonas on the mound that still think they know what's best while racking up one of the worst starters eras in the league. In AJ I trust. I am more concerned with Iggy's D at 2B. This might be why Harris makes the 25 man roster & why Ozuna we'll be sent down when Thomas returns. His skills might have been solid on turf but they don't look so hot on grass. I'm not sure if the IF is real dirt or simply dirt on turf there. That's going to make a difference as well. It's very unlikely the ChiSox will lose the ball in the Sun at the Cell. The orientation of the park should help them out greatly there. Its an easy arguement to make. How much of CERA is the catchers or the pitchers making the pitches. It only stands to reason that the Twins, with a much better pitching staff ERA, and the Giants in a great pitchers ballpark, are going to put up much better ERAs, which would mean the Catchers ERAs would look much better. Is AJP that great of a catcher, or has he just been lucky enought to catch great pitchers? 2005 will tell us a lot.
-
THT: Sox Season Preview
QUOTE(studes @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 06:25 PM) Thanks a lot for all the great comments about my article. I appreciate it, and wanted to respond to a couple of them: - I totally missed that Uribe batted well in September. I should have researched that more thoroughly! - Regarding this comment: "I think the players that we had have a large part in our HR numbers, not just the park. We have had a tremendous amount of right handed power hitters in our lineup during this homerun binge. It could be a skewed number." It's true that the Sox have had a lot of righthanded power hitters, but that doesn't impact the RHB park factor. Park factors are calculated independently of who is on the team. - And regarding this comment: "I think it was weak in building a case for the Lee trade." I didn't try to build a case for the Lee trade. I tried to explain the possible thinking behind it. There's a difference. I also didn't say that getting guys in RISP was more important than getting guys who hit well in RISP. I did say that the former was a clear weakness of the Sox. I wouldn't have made the trade myself, though I don't have to worry about the team's budget. Welcome to Soxtalk, and once again, great article. Good job researching it. If you do write ups on other teams, I would be curious to see them. Feel free to post them.
-
8.2 earthquake in Andaman Sea
An Idoneisian politician is saying that as many as 2000 could be dead. There are no reports of tsunami yet. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...=1530&ncid=2337
-
8.2 earthquake in Andaman Sea
The quake has been upgraded to 8.7 on the richter scale and they are now reporting 300 deaths http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/03/2...uake/index.html
-
Extreme Makeover = Extreme $$ owed...
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 06:11 PM) Same here. I'm done w/ the grocery biz. I'm working at a golf course this summer. Wage is better, I get tips, working with some good friends, AND I get some free golf. It's going to be a good summer. I worked at a pro shop for 3 summers, and it was awesome. Make sure you keep in touch with the people you meet, it could be some good post-graduation connections.
-
How could MLB change in 2005
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:01 PM) *Ahem* http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31386 :finger By a minute
-
A BIG Breakfast at BK
QUOTE(winodj @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 03:35 PM) The Michigan City BK is gone? No its still there, the one in the financial district closed.
-
Why are the flags at half staff?
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 03:48 PM) Delete this, if it has to do with another thread that's on the front page. I just noticed all the flags on campus are at half-staff. I don't know if this is something national or just something locacl. I don't know if this is it or not, but I saw this on google news this morning http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4322063/detail.html
-
Terri Shaivo thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 03:23 PM) Chicago angle. Notice the web site advertised. Boy that has got to be the definition of irony.... Let's save this woman's life, but lets exploit her to prop up a website. WTF is wrong with people? :banghead
-
Terri Shaivo thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 03:02 PM) I wish Terri could just live in peace on her own terms, without the world being involved. Interesting if her husband chose life, no one would know her name. It takes two (or in this case 2+ lawyers) to tango.
-
White Sox v. A's Spring Training game
QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 02:51 PM) they are letting the trainer talk!!! Finally some well deserved recognition. (I'm just a little biased) NO bias necesary. The Sox have to be doing something right in the training room
-
Terri Shaivo thread
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 02:56 PM) While we seem to be pulling in other cases and situations and trying to make it apply. Rush was discussing how Gov. Bush has no options in this case, short of breaking the law. Liberals should accept that since it is the same reason given for President Clinton not taking Bin Laden when Clinton had the chance. I do see this as cutting through political lines. When I'm listening to Rush and Hannity and nodding in agreement, it is not a progressive vs. conservative issue. I believe it is only a political issue for the professionals. It should be, but it isn't. Everyone is testing the water, and trying to see if they can make this THE issue. I wish Terri could just die in peace on her own terms, without the world being involved.
-
A BIG Breakfast at BK
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 02:15 PM) www.cnn.com Almost makes me sad that the downtown BK closed... then again when I think of how bad the service was, I don't seem to mind as much
-
White Sox v. A's Spring Training game
QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 02:39 PM) At least it wasn't that damn Joan Cusack commercial with the dude on the slide. "He won't get off!" God, that makes me nuts! Just once I wish that dude would jump off of that slide and beat her ass.
-
White Sox v. A's Spring Training game
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 02:33 PM) Dye with a base knock. 2 on, no out Timo up Is anyone reading this pbp I am, you are ahead of the MLB radio connection!
-
Mo Clarett to hold one more workout
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2020616
-
White Sox v. A's Spring Training game
QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 02:22 PM) Where does Hawk's disdain for Billy Beane stem from? A's win, Sox haven't.
-
White Sox v. A's Spring Training game
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 02:20 PM) LMAO, Hawk saying you can do anything you want when you have 3 20 game winners, moneyball or not Where have I heard that one before???? Hmmm... Oh yea, ALL OF SOXFEST :puke GET A NEW LINE, HAWK!