Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 03:02 PM) I was thinking Water Tower Place as I was writing. I am planning a trip back and planning on meeting up with a friend from Miami and she wants to go there. I thought it was about the worse suggestion.
  2. Any of the clubs/bars/malls/retail stores. You can do that crap anywhere. Go see the things that make Chicago unique.
  3. :headshake That is just sad.
  4. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 02:42 PM) Politte is back to serving up homers, but it was Vlad so I can't really complain. Except that it was on an 0-2 pitch. :headshake 4-3 Sox. Vlad is one of the best 0-2 hitters I have ever seen. He can hit anything, and hit it a LONG way. Dude is a freak of nature.
  5. QUOTE(El Caballo @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 02:37 PM) The question I have is why would you change what hes doing if hes doing ok as it is with his current pitches? From what I've read, he has pretty much mastered his 3 pitches, I would rather him have 3 pitches he can throw at anytime than adding 2 more and being shaky on those. Its not like if he learns two new pitches, he will loose command of the original 3. If the new pitches don't work for him he just will give them up. Its not a big loss if they don't work for him, because it isn't like he is committed to them or something. And if they work, he becomes that much more dangerous.
  6. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 02:29 PM) Yeah, a slider is a pretty filthy pitch, but if he can lear the two-seamer, won't he have the sideways movement? Err -- well, I dunno -- if it's a Colon like two-seamer, then that thing tails away from righties and in to lefties, but if it's a Derek Lowe-like two-seamer, that one is basically a sinker. I dunno, sliders tend to do the arm a lot of harm if thrown improperly. I'd rather have a B-Mac confident in his three pitches (four, with two variations of a fastball) then have him with a slider. The difference being the cutter moves in on a righty and the slider moves away from a righty/into a lefty. It gives him more chances to get in on righties or lefties.
  7. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 02:18 PM) I'm moving to Texas next month and my bank account is definitely looking forward to it. From what I understand, wait until you get your property tax bill.
  8. QUOTE(quade36 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 02:27 PM) Hey who is up for trading Garland for some prospects at this point??? Keep Garland until he hits free agency. Contreras is the guy we need to worry about.
  9. Scratch Jaime Burke as a super utility guy. In short stints at each position he has an error at 3B and 1B this spring.
  10. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 02:22 PM) Uh-oh. Stone says that in talking to Coop, they eventually want to teach him a two-seamer (which I'm OK with), and a slider. Why a slider? If he has good command with a changeup, curveball, two-seam fastball, and a four-seam fastball, there's absolutely no need to put more stress on the arm with a slider... Guys -- the comparisons have begun. Brantley comparing B-Mac to Prior... Slider and cutter give him pitches with sideways movement instead of up to down movement. Its something to give the eyes a difference arc to think about.
  11. QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 02:21 PM) Is Stone on ESPN or with Hawk? I'm at work and can't watch. He's on ESPN.
  12. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 02:15 PM) B-Mac has pitched 4 scoreless innings so far. ON top of the 5 1/3 previous scoreless innings he has thrown.
  13. QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 01:46 PM) Crede should never be trying to steal anything He's been stealing a major league paycheck for a couple of years
  14. There is a reason they call it a "stud" horse.
  15. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 01:27 PM) Good for Arkansas. They need to be able to brag about something. They can't rely on bragging about politicians. Or teeth
  16. Out of curiosity are these real dollar cuts, or are the cuts in projections?
  17. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) LOL, it always comes back to Michael, doesn't it? If it involves youngsters and balls... yes it usually does.
  18. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 12:47 PM) Well, now we all know what happens when someone googles "Gay Porn". good one
  19. http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/4286929/d...382&dppid=65192
  20. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 12:34 PM) Yes, I think time served 20+. I hope. We'll see. It would be disgusting if he gets off easy as far as sentence is concerned. Did I hear that he is looking at a minimum of 10? Its hard to follow at work. The TV nazis don't like the sound too loud.
  21. QUOTE(winodj @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) Wait, doesn't this story reappear every six weeks? Did Puxatowney Phil see his shadow?
  22. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 12:26 PM) Thank you. Now I know who to call to have them support ANWAR drilling. Yeah, who do we call to start drilling? $55 a barrel for oil? Geesh.
  23. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 12:22 PM) My favorite band name along these lines was No Cover Looked great on the marquee out front Why do I feel like I am trapped in a bad Abbott and Costello imitation?
  24. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 12:13 PM) That depends on your kid. And whose definition of "natural" you are using
  25. southsider2k5 replied to mreye's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 15, 2005 -> 11:28 AM) I should get in on that. If the guy has any money left, you know it will happen. Same with the Enron assclowns.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.