Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 03:06 PM) El Duque looks really good. Hitting his spots. He looks ALOT better after his first inning of work. His fastball seems like it is just under 90, along with sharp break and movement on his offspeed stuff. On a side note, Jeff Francsis has looked solid, but not all world like he has been advertised. He has pitched from behind a decent amount, and guys have been getting good swings on him.
  2. Nice throw on an SB by Widger, but Ozuna dropped the ball. Helton flies out to the track to Dye to end the inning. 1-0 Sox after 2 1/2 innings of play.
  3. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 02:41 PM) I have no idea who was up for the Sox but flyed out 3 outs going to the 3rd Sox up 1-0 Widger FWIW Aaron is out of the game alredy... They are worried he might have hurt himself.
  4. http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/12/iraq.egypt.ap/index.html
  5. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 02:29 PM) wait a sec, i thought Wood was healthy? THe team says he is, if you believe that.
  6. Borchard's double was a result of awful positioning by the Rox. The CF looking like he was playing RCF for a softball team.
  7. Every batter hit El Duque hard in the first inning.
  8. QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 10:08 AM) Unless you move the $6 million pitcher to a certain team with extra depth in the infield and who's number two starter just went down with triceps tendinitis. Not unless we get one of their pitching prospects included in the deal. Angel Guzman would look real good in Charlotte.
  9. I have my big nightmare story with NWA as well. I will never ever fly them again.
  10. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1522978,00.html
  11. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 11:31 PM) That was pretty funny.
  12. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 03:41 AM) http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2011372 Gammons also thinks that the Mets are interested in getting Alex Escobar back from the Nationals... I wonder if Kenny could have gotten more for Escobar from the Mets. No way. We needed a 40 man roster spot and didn't have time to negotiate with teams to try to make a deal. If we played chicken, we could have lost Escobar for nothing. Plus when you look at our minor league depth charts, even if Escobar makes it, we have some great OFs in our system. Odds are we have someone who will do at least what Escobar does at the major league level, if not better.
  13. As much I like Brandon, there is no way we bury a $6 million pitcher for a guy with 5 starts at AA. I start Brandon at Birmingham and if he keeps us the great work, he is my first call up in case of injury.
  14. Scroll down to the section about the top prospects. BMac is the first one mentioned. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2011372
  15. Wow am I out of it. I saw Big Mac, I was wondering why they were calling Brandon that.
  16. Kansas #1 in the RPI, isn't even going to be a #1 seed.
  17. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7156384/
  18. QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 05:09 PM) Don't be so sure, UNC isn't the same team it was even a month ago. I don't know whats wrong, but somethings not right. They used to get 22+ assists a game, lately its been single digits every single game. Hopefully the extra time off will help them focus for the tourney, I'm not holding my breath though. I'm just not sure if these kids know how to win or not. I hope they prove me wrong. To me it looks like some guys have got something else on their minds... namely the NBA.
  19. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 05:02 PM) On a sidenote, I think Aflord has really stepped up his level of coaching. They came out and protected the ball in the 2nd half and really played good defense the entire tourney. Alfords teams ALWAYS play their best ball in March.
  20. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 04:59 PM) What a rough loss for Iowa. Did he call bank? Doesn't matter. The bank is open Saturday on the westside. Wow. So now back to Iowa. Are they dancin?
  21. http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/03/11/...last/index.html
  22. A bank shot 3 pointer at the buzzer wins the game for Wisconson. Wow.
  23. Game over. Sox lose by a run.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.