Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Bud saids baseballs record books will not change, even with Steroid admissions. http://www.nbc5.com/sports/4258732/detail....317&dppid=65172
  2. QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 01:18 AM) I didn't realize how spoiled we are this year. We are the most televised Spring Training team in the history of baseball. You obviously didn't go to Soxfest Every single thing Hawk did, he mentioned it twice. The Sox are on TV 20 times, the next highest team in MLB is on TV 7 times. Supposedly they are also going to try to bring players up to the booth after they play so that the fans can get to know them.
  3. Very interesting to see that "good losses" are on the list of considerations. That could make the road for an IU look a little brighter.
  4. Why couldn't it succeed? The most important thing is the players. No one goes to see Bettman, the refs, or the coaches. The players are the key. If they have star power, people will go. See also the ABA and the AFL.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to shagar69's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 7, 2005 -> 01:08 AM) As I make sure to mention every time I post in a hip-hop thread, my knowledge on the subject is pretty limited. But these are some discs I own and love: De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising - I like a lot of their other stuff ( I really liked the song they performed on Chappelle's Show ), but 3 Ft is the only one I own 3rd Bass - The Cactus Album - they were a bit cartoonish with their image, but I like that disc a lot Dre - The Chronic - simply a great disc, IMO Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet - another of my favorites, does anyone know if they have any "greatest hits" CDs available? Ice T - OG Original Gangster - I also used to have Power, but it vanished somehow I have a few more rap discs, but as you can see, my rap collection is limited and stuck in a very short time period... OG was probably my all time favorite rap CD. Mind over Matter has got to be one of the best written raps ever.
  6. Barry and the Giants visit TEP as we get our first chance to see the Sox on TV as this is the first of 20 games to be broadcast on CSN during the spring.
  7. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 09:38 PM) Stardate 06 March 2005: Southsider finds something the government should do. I kid, because I care™ No should not do. Poisoning my kids is up to me Heck I said "should not" twice
  8. QUOTE(Goldmember @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 09:34 PM) http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808600382&cf=critic Ouch, the critics were brutal... but I would rather hear from people that share some interests...
  9. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 09:32 PM) Well thank you Mr. Stop the ChiSoxyGirl fantasy thread well how is she supposed to do a hot sexxx scene if she is in a coma... unless you are into that kind of thing.
  10. QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 09:24 PM) Skiles is a pimp. He is old school and does not let his players tell him what is gonna happen. You play well you get playing time. If you are not you will be good friends with the bench. Exactly. Skiles is the reason this team is above 500. Without him, this is just like the last 6 years. There is a reason this guy went from Plymouth Indiana to the NBA, and it isn't his haircut.
  11. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 08:11 PM) well, if it goes on for any longer I would seriously consider going to the doctor ASAP ^^^^^^^ Prolonged high fever levels can cause brain damage. Besides if your body has been fighting something that hard for 3 days now, something is wrong.
  12. I agree with him actually. Our public institutions should not be contributing to one of the most preventable causes of death. If parents want to teach their kids bad habits that is one thing, the government should not.
  13. Did anyone see "Be Cool"? Previews looked good, but I don't want to waste the money just in case...
  14. QUOTE(BaseballNick @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 08:56 PM) I believe this is true, however, he's not ready. He's MAYBE the third best player on the team. Dee and Luther are definitley more NBA ready, and I personally think he'll be a below average NBA player. He's not a pure point, and he's not a shooting guard either. He can knock down a shot, but a good defender will have a field day with him. How many early entries are actually ready for the NBA? Not many.
  15. QUOTE(soxman35 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 09:10 PM) i am not happy about saying that but they have not been playing up to petentual
  16. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws
  17. QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 06:21 PM) Darrin (Wally Pipp) Jackson? We can only hope
  18. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 06:56 PM) Reynoso's one positive is that he has good velocity for a lefty. I figured the radar gun was broken the time I saw him pitch cause he was hitting 95-96 but that was on WS's gun which I am convinced is a few MPH fast. Regardless as Dan says someone must like him. I know BA had some nice things to say about him a while back. Well we all got to hear first hand why this guy got put on the 40 man roster. He ain't goin no where.
  19. This thread is going no where but into the toilet. I am locking it. The only thing that is going on is namecalling and troublemaking.
  20. Nice hustle by Fields for an infield hit. He is 3-10 on the spring so far.
  21. QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:48 PM) Its the fact that their are some douchebags on this site that have to talk s*** about a team that loses their first game 30 f***ing games into the season.. get a f***ing life, while your "enjoying" their loss.. how pathetic is that, then you back it up by saying "well my team sucks so you making fun of us is pathetic" nah, talking s*** bout a team thats 29 - 1 is pretty damn sad, you dont even say "hey nice run" or anything along those lines Its just "hahahaha, I am enjoying teh loss!!!!!11!!!1" why?? they are still #1, still a 1 Seed, Still Big 10 Champs?? Easy there killer.
  22. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:42 PM) BTW, Borchard holds the record at Stanford for longest pass thrown. 98 yards FYI. Too bad he can't throw a baseball 98 yards
  23. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:46 PM) :headshake Come on Jenks. Jenks has sounded not ready for Primetime in both of his outings. AA might be over optimistic right now. I know it is early in the spring, but a guy like Jenks isn't going to get many chances to make an impression with the big club. Meanwhile guys like Honel and Reynoso are seeing their stock go up. Felix Diaz is getting a chance.
  24. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 04:39 PM) I still have the Illini winning it all. So do I, and I don't even like them.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.