Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Well these last two games should have taught the Big 10 and the rest of the NCAA how to beat Illinois. IU and Michigan obvious don't have anywhere near the talent to play UI but they both stuck around for way longer than anyone expected. Use up your shotclock on offense. It is obvious that if the opposing teams use shotclock and make the Illini work on the defensive end of the floor, they don't seem as sharp on the offensive end. A Princeton style game would be the perfect match up for them. I'll be curious to see the rest of the Big 10 schedule, and then the Big Dance, and see how teams use these last two games to match up with Illinois.
  2. QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 10:32 AM) Like YOU of all people would know!!!! I found a hot chick, THEN got on Soxtalk And mreye, the admins get tail all of the time, and don't even think twice about it.
  3. Step one to finding a hotchick. GET OFF OF SOXTALK!!! :lol
  4. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/09/internat...print&position=
  5. QUOTE(JimH @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 09:46 AM) Welcome to the site. Folks, this is a man to be respected. Long time Sox fan from before most of us were born. Retired, and served our country. Was even a Chicago Cardinals football fan if I recall correctly. Knowledgeable guy and a good addition. Good to hear it! Thanks for the info Jim, and welcome to Soxtalk Rudy!!!
  6. There is nothing listed at all in minorleaguebaseball.com
  7. http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050209/...WS-POPE-DC.html
  8. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 09:19 AM) Iraq Election Results to Be Delayed Wow a post without reference to deaths.
  9. http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/09/low.pants.ap/index.html
  10. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/n...tory?id=1987299
  11. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 08:14 AM) FLINTSTONES ARE 'WAY TOO GAY' Group Seeks Ban on Cartoon, Cereal, Vitamins The ongoing campaign against alleged gay icons in animated cartoons continued today as a newly formed conservative group demanded that television stations stop broadcasting “The Flintstones” at once. Harland Devane, leader of the group Focus on the Flintstones, said at a press conference in Washington, D.C. today that his organization was issuing the demand because, “Quite simply, everything about ‘The Flintstones’ is way too gay.” http://www.borowitzreport.com/ :headshake
  12. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 07:56 AM) Thank you! I am at the decisive age of 33...one more year and I outlived Jesus! First round is on the three other guys who don't post! Man I hope they stick around to pick up the check!
  13. QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 07:36 AM) No incentive for spelling either, huh? And did I mention no spellcheck?
  14. QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 09:17 PM) Any good tips SS?? hehe Yeah, don't try to beat the market. Mimic what the money-makers do. Remember all of this s*** is a zero sum game. If someone is making money, someone else is losing it. And if you think you are going to outdo the professionals, you are insane.
  15. Happy Birthday you plushie little dude. You are without a doubt one of the funniest guys (are plushies male and female?) on here!!!
  16. Wow do I feel old...
  17. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 06:00 PM) Are you in finance or accounting? I know kap's accounting, but I was thinking you were either finance or econ. Right now I work in futures trading. I spent a few years in options. If anyone is interested, these are some of the markets I deal with http://www.cbot.com/ http://www.nymex.com/jsp/index.jsp http://www.cme.com/
  18. QUOTE(Yoda @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 05:06 PM) What’s wrong with your job? All you have to do is make 38.3 posts per day. That's part of the problem. I hate being slow at work. Plus the pay sucks, and there is no incentive for preformance. Actually with the bonus structure there is more incentive NOT to work.
  19. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 03:21 PM) What you can't seem to get through that hard head of yours.. is that Belle's contract was insured SEVEN years ago. As a result of them getting hosed on that deal is has become increasingly harder and more expensive to insure contracts. And what else you're missing is the COST to the Orioles of the policy. It cost $17 million a year to insure Albert.. and at the time HE COULD STILL PLAY 100%. Maggs hasn't proven that he can jump rope... yet you think he's easily insurable.. LMAO.. Did the Sox call Geico? they could save 15% or more on insurance...
  20. 0 ... Now I am ready to be a Chicago cabbie
  21. Well after all was said and done, 4 people never did respond to emails about their wristbands, so I did what Steff did and put them on Ebay with anything over the $2 price going to Sox charities. Here is the listing... happy bidding! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT
  22. I have been giving a lot of thought to that samething lately. I have basically been looking for a new job for 3 years now, but there is just nothing in the field.
  23. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 01:47 PM) How do you think he got to be (instead of king of pop) king of posts around here? Snapping comebacks to increase post numbers???? BRILLIANT!
  24. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 01:38 PM) Why you gotta make a Michael Jackson reference? This thread was going along fine and you gotta make a Jacko reference. For shame. Isn't a Michael Jackson reference appropriate in a thread about creepy cartoon character pitchmen?
  25. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) Good call, I hate that baby. I think it's f***ed up when they have babies talk and s*** and Bob is hitting on some girl which is just weird. But that is perfectly normal at the Neverland Ranch...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.