Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
MLB.com AL Central pre-season predictions
QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 09:27 AM) Actully I did. And I plea the first. This is a website where I am GOING TO EXPRESS MY OPINION! Sure you can express your opinion all you want... until it annoys me enough to make me ban you. Here is the deal. First and foremost this is a White Sox fan site. It is by no stretch of the imagination a ML forum for fans of all teams. It also isn't a place that will be spammed for other forums by newbie nonSox fans. We have certian standards here, and two things we will not stand for are trolls and spammers. (well except for me). Respectful fans of other teams we don't mind. Problem causers will have a problem here. Your choices are simple, if you can engage in respectful conversation with us, you can stay. If not, you can go. If you have any problems with that feel free to send me a private message and we can discuss it until your heart is content.
-
Anyone going to the Sox-Brewers games?
QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 10:05 AM) It would be great to finally meet you, Mike! I'm in section BL104, row 3 - right field bleachers. I'll PM you as the date approaches. Will do!
-
Anyone going to the Sox-Brewers games?
QUOTE(flyg88182 @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 11:11 PM) I dont post here ever really, but im on here reading the posts everyday. I love it over here. You guys are great on here, and i've been telling all my friends about soxtalk, so i just would like to thank all you guys. As for the sox-brewers game i am going to the april 2nd saturday game. I go to school in minnesota, yes it sucks, being around twins fan. I got section 115 tickets row 13. Im coming home that weekend with my buddy to surprise my friend cuz its his birthday saturday and were driving out to milwaukee and were gonna tailgate for awhile before the game. Im so excited its gonna be great. I cant wait to see the new team, and give carlos a nice aplause. See every1 there! Welcome to Soxtalk, hope you enjoy your ride
-
Anyone going to the Sox-Brewers games?
QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 09:45 AM) BUMPED to report that I just grabbed 3 tickets for the Friday night April Fool's Day game. ( The wife works every weekend, so the Saturday game was out of the question ) Just couldn't refuse 5 dollar bleacher seats. 3 tickets, 23 dollars AFTER service charges. Can't beat it. I think there is a big group of us going up there on Friday. We'll have to swap seat info and I'll buy you a beer
-
Just an Iraq Thread
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 08:34 PM) The UN? The UN officials who were being bribed with oil and kickbacks?
-
Best Superbowl Commercials
I liked the MC Hammer and Pilot/Bud Light commericials. The War of the Worlds commericial just convinced me that they are going to f*** up one of the greatest movies ever made.
-
Opening Day vs. Cleveland 4-4-05
QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 07:04 AM) yeah I did in Ohio for our great President to insure an asshole like John Kerry wouldn't become president and so your state didn't carry him to victory. Other than that, let's talk baseball! GO TRIBE Since you conviently ignored the requests to take down the signature, I took it down myself. Any questions you can PM me.
-
Greg Couch article on Maggs
One key fact that was left out has already been pointed out was the Sox earlier contract offers which Maggs turned down. The other fact left out of their is that Maggs exersized his medical privacy rights, and told the doctor who gave him the Austrian recommendation NOT to tell the Sox about it. There is zero evidence that the Sox knew about the surgery dispite those emails.
-
Ex-Sox Player Admits to Steroids!
QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 02:06 PM) I am surprised I-rod's name is mentioned. I would never have suspected he was on roids. All though with the massive amount of injuries he suffered, I guess it would make sense...
-
Parting shots from Maggs
All I gotta say is that is a sad day in Chicago when Sammy Sosa can leave the Cubs with more class than Maggs can leave the Sox.
-
Medical bills spark 46% of U.S. personal bankruptc
This story was so slanted. The version I read in the Trib also mentioned "illnesses" as being things such as drug addiction, gambling, and the like. In other words not things that would probably be covered by insurance in the first place.
-
Happy Birthday AddisonStSox
Happy Birthday Addy!!!
-
Napolean Dynamite
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 12:57 PM) This is possibly the worst movie I've ever seen (plot wise), it has no point, but that is what makes it hilarious. It's not quite as funny as people say it is, but it does have some funny lines. My favorite that I don't think has been mentioned here is: "I'm starting to get a little TO'ed because she hasn't sent me a full body shot." If you like humor, you have to see this, but don't expect it to be a good "movie" in the traditional sense. More like if you have a sense of humor is the only way you will make it though it. I was mad I paid 99 cents to rent this dud.
-
Opening Day vs. Cleveland 4-4-05
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 01:10 PM) We need at least one intelligent fan from each of the Central Division teams. This one may be the intelligent one, maybe not. I've been hanging out at one of the Tiger's sites with some really good fans. Nice exchange of opinions. They like the new look Sox, are very excited about year two of their rebuilding process. They think any of four teams could win the division, it will take some mid level guys to have career years and the superstars to perform. Let Drew Carey and Cleveland rocks stick around. Sure if he wants to act like an intelligent fan, I have no problem with it. Anti-Sox Sig on a White Sox site = not intelligent.
-
Ex-Sox Player Admits to Steroids!
QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 12:13 PM) As much as I love a good "he's dirty" story, it takes more than Canseco's testimony for me to believe. Tex and Critic are right on. This smacks of a washed up pop star doing a playboy shoot to revive themselves. :sleep
-
Opening Day vs. Cleveland 4-4-05
QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 07:04 AM) yeah I did in Ohio for our great President to insure an asshole like John Kerry wouldn't become president and so your state didn't carry him to victory. Other than that, let's talk baseball! GO TRIBE So I am gone for a week, and we are letting some two bit troll cruise our board with an anti-Sox signature? Oh for shame. Drop the sig junior, or hit the road... you know, like the Indians fairweather fans did when the good players left town.
-
Moving day...
Quick question, where was the picture of Willie's jock? Or was it just too big to fit in the camera shot?
-
Sen. Hillary Clinton Collapses
Wow, hopefully she is OK
-
Happy Bday TheBones
Happy Birthday Bones!!!
-
One of the fall outs of the Sosa trade
That is awesome Great, great write up.
-
Everett's offseason
He looked fit at Soxfest. He was ready to go then. I have a good feeling about Carl.
-
Fox News Spawns Hate for Canada
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2005 -> 12:55 AM) Labatts is better anyway!!!! No doubt about that.... Labatt's 50-50's rule
-
music
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 08:10 PM) I don't mean this rudely at all, but Beastly, how old were you the first time Greenday was popular? IIRC I think it would be about 5ish.
-
Films
QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 07:27 PM) 2004 or 1962? Cuz if you liked the '04, I think you'll like the 62 version with Sinatra as well. The newer one is the one I saw. Do you know if the Sinatra version is out on DVD? I'd definately check it out if it was. After a day of thinking about it, I like the movie even more. I highly recommend it to all.
-
Happy Soxtalk Anniversary to me!
One of the Sig Masters no doubt, and a great poster to boot.