Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 01:59 PM) That's why we brought back Timo, and there's no need to rush Sweeney or Anderson either. Secondly, why b**** about Timo's contract when Ben Davis is making the same amount and get this, is playing the same position as AJ? Shouldn't these pessimists worried about giving out $1 million to a bench player in a large market be more concerned with Davis' contract rather than Timo's? I really don't get it. So if we sign AJ are these same whiners going to be complaining about Timo's contract because they feel it won't allow us to add a player at the trade deadline (hell we may not even need someone as the rate this offseason is going. ) To be fair, we resigned Ben Davis before AJP was even available on the market as a FA.
  2. :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke :puke OK Now I am ready for the snow...
  3. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) You're probably right, it will probably come down to $$. But, if I was Beltran, I'd have to ask myself which team becomes more of a WS contender once I sign with them. Astros? I don't think so, still finish 2nd or 3rd behind St. Louis and Cubs and what happens to that team in 06 and beyond? Mets? Still would be a few pieces away, maybe a fav. down the road. Cubs? Yes, automatuically would become the NL favorite Yanks? Yes automatically become the WS fav. Borass is his agent. Beltran is going to the highest bidder, no doubt.
  4. Depending on how much digging you are willing to do... both hits came in 1999 with Milwaukee, and his first one came June 15th. Here are all of the Brewers box scores for '99 http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/...hp?y=1999&t=ML4 And I know how much you like research Apu
  5. He got the first one off of Jon Leiber on June 15, 1999
  6. Maybe Shea wasn't the best guy for this job, but holding him responsible for that mess is like firing the weatherman in Thailand for not predicting the precipitation that came through...
  7. Jerry Don Gleaton Claudell Washington Steve Lyons Lyle Muton Scott Fletcher
  8. And the closers get screwed again... But definately congrats to Ryno and Wade
  9. QUOTE(USAF_11F4H @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 12:33 PM) How are the 5-11 team's decided then? The weakest strength of schedules are the first to pick. Bears had the lowest of all of the 5-11 teams. BTW If you look at that link it does say "projected draft order" If you read any of the Chicago papers on line, they are all saying #4.
  10. Canadian tries to sell tsunamirelief.com domain for $50,000
  11. http://www.gatesfoundation.org/MediaCenter...eet/default.htm This has a bunch of stuff on what they have given to whom.
  12. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 11:01 AM) ...stuff his pockets with cigars too, will ya? And those won't be cigar's in his pocket
  13. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 10:51 AM) I'm gonna hop over to Cuba alright.. gonna snatch me a undiscovered SP. We don't know how he will pitch, but I bet he looks like a Latin Neal Cotts
  14. There still might be hope for that $10 million
  15. QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 10:03 AM) Needs to be done! Jump on that third rail and hump it! We'll never solve anything by keeping it in the dark. I just wish more people understood the problem. So many end of the worldists are running around screaming about "fixing" social security, like there is some magic formula that will do it, without making tough decesions. There are two practical ways to do it. Either, one, raise taxes, or two, cut benefits.
  16. southsider2k5 replied to KipWellsFan's topic in SLaM
    Arab groups are now accusing their own governments of being cheap in aiding the tsunami victims. There are also some religious groups saying that the killer waves were the wrath of God. Sound familiar? http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/04/internat...print&position=
  17. QUOTE(USAF_11F4H @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 09:59 AM) I haven't read all of the thread so I don't know if this has been corrected, but aren't the Bears drafting #7? 1. 49ers 2. Browns 3. Dolphins 4. Buccaneers 5. Raiders 6. Titans 7. Bears \ The Bears are drafting 4th.
  18. The White House is pondering using dollar indexing instead of wage changes to determine benefits. http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/04/news/econo...dex.htm?cnn=yes
  19. http://www.drudgereport.com/flashai.htm
  20. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 08:59 AM) I don't know enough about Iguchi to have an opinion on a three year deal, but AJP is worth $3million a year. It seems like everytime the Sox are mentioned in conjunction with a player, it never happens... I guess it is back to under the radar for us.
  21. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 09:27 PM) Sosa worshipping, homosexual, s*** eating ass clown is the best description of Mariotti I ever heard but I'll settle for yours. Except you left out "no talent"
  22. I don't see why Terrell won't be back in 2005. He has a one year deal at just under $1 million, so it isn't like they will save any money by cutting him, and there isn't any long term cap savings because he only has the one year deal. Maybe he will be traded, but cut? I doubt it.
  23. QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 02:32 AM) Junior Mints are f***ing amazing with runners in scoring position. And they play a much better OF than Timo does.
  24. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 08:26 AM) I'm not saying that. I do feel there are WAY too many unanswered questions. We need to write the History Channel and tell them to put together a Consipacy? on this
  25. QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 10:22 PM) We got Scott Podsednik, Luis Vizcaino, and freed up the money to sign Orlando Hernandez. Even if Hernandez may not be healthy for the whole season, I'll most definitely take those 3 players over Carlos Lee. Really it is SPod, Vizcaino, Hernandez, and the two million dollars we still have not spent, which could turn into AJP, Iguchi, or someone else still. This trade is still being finished IMO.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.