Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Crede in 2005
This is the make or break year for Joe. Fields is coming fast, and Joe is approaching his arbitration years.
-
Sox claim Bobby Jenks off waivers from Anaheim
Exactly. Is the kid a starter or reliver?
-
Opening Day Lineup
I am going a little unconventional here... LF Podsednik 2B Harris DH Thomas 1B Konerko LF Dye CF Rowand SS Uribe 3B Crede C Davis/Burke
-
Illinois Seeks to Curb Explicit Video Games
*plays devils advocate* couldn't that fall under "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?"
-
*Official* Chris Gissell thread
Its a joke. I just got a laugh out of the *official* Matt Clement thread and thought I would parody it. Besides it has been awful doom and gloomy in here lately, so why not have something to laugh at?
-
Historic WS FA Signings
He whipped the Sox asses everytime he saw us at the end of the year.
-
Historic WS FA Signings
Howry was lights out for the Tribe the last two months of the year, and resigned there.
-
*Official* Chris Gissell thread
For any and all news and rumors related Chris Gissell please post it here... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7413 (Sorry Ian, I couldn't resist)
-
Buehrle comments on C. Lee
My favorite part of the article
-
Historic WS FA Signings
Nah, that was us trading him to the Brewers...
-
Scott Peterson cheered up by fan mail
This definately goes under the category of "What the f*** is wrong with people???" http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/17/laci.pet...n.ap/index.html
-
Sox Bullpen?
Shingo Takatsu Cliff Politte Dustin Hermanson Luis Vizcaino I don't think there is room for another RH arm. The last spot (or two if it is a 7 man pen) will go to lefties.
-
Sox Bullpen?
Plus even if no more moves are made, this is going to be a quality bench with Timo, Everett, Gload, and either Davis or Burke coming off of the bench. Honestly even if we don't sign another starter, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a 6 man pen. We have 3 200 IP SPs in the rotation, plus Contreras should be in the 170-180 range. That doesn't leave a lot of need for the pen, especially with that many quality arms to spread those innings out over.
-
Sox Bullpen?
If we get another quality starter, we will have a 6 man bullpen. If we go in with last years assortment of craptacular 5th starters, then we will have a 7 man bullpen.
-
I'm all shook up
The great majority of that stuff is most likely unlicensed. And like I said, you aren't seeing Elvis tunes pitching Viagra and shoes yet, but now you will. It just pisses me off that people are learning some of the best music of my parents generation through commericals. It takes away from it to say the least.
-
Jennie Finch
They might draw more than the Sox
-
Historic WS FA Signings
Loiaza was the best bargin ever as a FA for the Sox. Runner up Cy Young for $500,000.
-
Shuttle on track for May05 Launch
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/flo...la-news-florida I never really heard how the damage from the Hurricanes was at the Cape. Any info Jim or anyone else?
-
My WSox Dream two signings for Next year
But IF Sosa is trade the money IS guarenteed. That's how the PA would look at it.
-
My WSox Dream two signings for Next year
Cubs want room for this year. I doubt they are interested in Hampton.
-
SoxTalk population
Or my personal fav FNG.
-
My WSox Dream two signings for Next year
His option does become guarenteed if he is traded. He could negotiate something, but as dictated by the ARod fiasco, the PA won't allow money to be taken off of the table.
-
Celebrex might cause heart troubles
http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?...%7D&siteid=mktw
-
Kayackers catch landslide on tape
http://chicagotv.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=918706 Oops, I thought I copied that link...
-
Sox Bullpen?
Unless someone gets trade, the bullpen is set except for the last lefty. More than likely that will be Cotts unless he blows up in spring training. Next in line would be either Walker or Munoz.