Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Shortstop Version 2.0
More like he didn't want to leave Boston is how I understood it. Things have changed now that the Red Sox have gotten rid of him, and did their usual hatchet job on him. I think him having played in Chicago for a couple of months to check out the city and its fans, also will be a nice selling point. The best possible scenario for us, will be if the Cubs decline arbit, and no multiyear offers materialize.
-
Bullpen 2005
If we add a 200 inning pitcher, I think you are looking pretty well at the pen, except that we will probably add a reliever that push most everyone down a slot. If we go into 2005 with the rotation as is, you might see a 12 person pen again.
-
New Banner
Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
-
Just some news...
Munoz and Diaz both showed flashes of being servicable ML pitchers. It wouldn't surprise me at all if both ended up on the Sox roster to start 2005. The Sox did a very good job with managing the development of Adkins and Cotts in 2004 by working them is very fixed situations, and I could see them doing the same in 05 with Munoz and Diaz.
-
Does anyone make money from this site?????
ROTFLMFAO
-
86 Yr old man busted for child porn
Out of curiousity, I am the only one troubled by the fact that we are charging people with crimes that were not committed in the US?
-
Shortstop Version 2.0
As I said before, the Sox have one big advantage. Nomar's agent is also Frank's agent. Tellum and JR have a great relationship. To me it doesn't seem insane for JR to work out a one year deal as a favor to Tellum. It would work for both the Sox and Nomar.
-
TV question, thanks
The Sox situation's with WGN and WCIU will not change in 2005. The only thing different is the games that appeared on FSN in 2004, will be on Comcast Sports Net. Comcast SN is a conglomeration between the Sox, Cubs, Bulls, and Hawks, to televise their cable games on a network completely owned by these teams. So instead of the advertising revenue going to FSN or someone else, it goes completely to the Chicago teams involved in this partnership. Hope that helps
-
Moviegoers Claim Big Treasure
I thought it would also... all I could think of was the bad Simpson episode with Homer looking for Lincolns gold.
-
*Official* College Basketball Thread
Ace's got a team down there this year? We need to pack the tourney with IN teams again
-
Following up the Thanksgiving poll...
Turkey and waldorf salad
-
Pacers Suspensions
MSNBC reporting the same thing. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6549074/
-
Raising some thoroughbreds!
Way to dig in. 2TDs down now...
-
Raising some thoroughbreds!
Terrell with a nice hit to break that play up. That was an INT for sure.
-
Raising some thoroughbreds!
Krentzel on the hard count again today. He is looking decent so far.
-
Simulation League
Yeah, I know, I had to think long and hard about it, but what the hell.
-
Raising some thoroughbreds!
On the bright side, I do have Marcus Pollard as my TE in fantasy football.
-
Raising some thoroughbreds!
Well it looks like Urlacher taught Briggs how to hold onto an INT
-
Raising some thoroughbreds!
Krentzel on a sneak? Come on. You have two solid short yardage backs, and you give the ball to the fumblemeister? Oh Boy.
-
Thanksgiving
Nice drunken fest with the in-laws... see also Christmas Eve
-
Deininger released
Sox finally gave up on An too. Interesting.
-
Simulation League
All right then, I took the enemy.
-
Nick Johnson could become available
I wasn't talking about his numbers. That is why I prefaced that by saying I was talking about his injury problems.
-
Simulation League
I know I am little late in all of this, but how often do you need to be available to be in the league? If it isn't a ton, I could take a team.
-
Does anyone make money from this site?????
Nope. This is all Jason's.