Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Soxtalk Final Presidential Poll
I met him when I was in HS. The impression he made on me will never go away. He is a pretentious asshole.
-
New tape from Osama bin Laden airs
Actually if you want the marketology of it.... -Norway's government settled a threatened oil strike in their nations infrastructure. -Nigeria's threatened oil strikes haven't materialized yet. -Yukos continuing bankruptcy problems haven't cut their output, and the Russian government has said they won't allow output to slide. -Saudi Arabia has publically stated that they have an extra 1.5 million BBD of capacity they could utilize if necesary. -Rumored terror strikes before the US elections haven't materialized. -Heating oil production fears have been eased by moderate weather in the northeast. -Iraq is producing 1.85 million BBD of oil, which is more than they were producing under the Oil for Food program, and is bonus production because the OPEC quota numbers for them are about 500,000 BBD. If the government really wanted to push down oil prices they wouldn't have started 5 days before the election. They would have done it a month or two ahead of time so that the peripherals such as heating oil, gasoline, kerosene, etc would have had time to decline, and there would have been time for those price decreases to sink in with the American consumer. As it stands now, only people who watch the financial reports know oil is at a month's low. Things such as gasoline are still not reflecting those declines, so most of the US doesn't have a clue.
-
Election Night is here...
When people are talking about the negatives associated with the electoral college they might be forgetting some of their history. When you look back on the Consititution Convention many of the biggest issues were big states vs small states. The Great Compromise was done to insure that small states had a realative voice in the United States. And still to this day, the GC is insuring that their voices are heard. Look no further than the fact that states like IA, WI, NM, HI, and others with under 10 EV's, are getting Presidential visits and having their issues addressed at this state of the election. Without the GC I would doubt that the United States would exsist today in its present form. I honestly doubt the union would have survived into the 19th century, and probably would have broken down into at least a slave holding/non slaveholding divide, if not further divides in the northeast. Even if the union did exsist the protections and programs for small states would be muted vs the more valuable urban votes. I could see programs for farmers and the like disappearing. I would be interested to hear from others on this.
- Happy BDAY
-
Just Registered Web Site!
That is unless you want to be exiled from being a Sox fans. The Sox aren't cursed. They just haven't put the best teams on the field.
-
Soxtalk Final Presidential Poll
I hope not :fyou Bayh signed not a member of the Evan Bayh fan club
-
Wal-Mart bans "Jesus"
I get my Weekly World News there
-
Electoral Vote Predictions
And 30 of the 50 states have majority of republicians.
-
New tape from Osama bin Laden airs
You would be a fool to think that the war on terror is over if OBL is captured... then again most people don't have a clue, so I guess it wouldn't surprise me if it were to play out that way...
-
Election Night is here...
Sounds like Michael Jackson will be voting....Oh boy, here hold my poll.
-
The "realistic" plan
I would bet that Detroit or Baltimore will offer him some stupid contract while trying to rebuild their depleted pitching staffs.
-
Big Frank is coming back!
I don't think so. I think 40 is realistic, but 50 is a little too much with as often as he walks.
-
Election Night Coverage
MSNBC is where I will most likely start... but I will be flipping all over the place.
-
Election Night is here...
Basically the canditate with the highest popular vote in a particular state wins all of that states electoral votes. There are couple states that allocate a percentage of votes based on percentage of popular votes. But I believe 47 states are winner take all.
-
Sex Education
Why not both? It needs to be taught that you don't HAVE to be having sex, and not having sex is the only true way to prevent disease and babies 100%. But at the sametime give the kids the info they need because we know that there will be a percentage of the kids having sex .
-
Election Night is here...
Two, one, two, three, four Ev'rybody's talking about Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism This-ism, That-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m All we are saying is give piece a chance, All we are saying is give piece a chance C'mon Ev'rybody's talking about ministers, Sinister, Banisters And canisters, Bishops, Fishops, Rabbis, and Pop eyes, Bye, bye, bye byes All we are saying is give peace a chance, All we are saying is give peace a chance Let me tell you now Revoluton, evolution, masturbation, Flagellation, regulation, integrations, Meditations, United Nations, Congratulations Ev'rybody's talking about John and Yoko, Timmy Leary, Rosemary, Tommy Smothers, Bobby Dylan, Tommy Copper, Derek Taylor, Norman Mailer, Allen Ginsberg, Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna
-
Electoral Vote Predictions
I came up with 274-264 for Bush. But that is just a huge guess on my part. There are just way too many states up in the air.
-
State Laws
Hey eye, did they end up passing the law to keep the polls open to 8pm, or is it still 6pm???
-
Electoral Vote Predictions
Do you have a site where you can click states and it will gives you a total?
-
Rock Raines hired as 1st base coach
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp
-
Electoral Vote Predictions
And Iraq's electoral votes
-
National Announcement (joke)
Don't worry, I am going to buy the team and have a $500 millon payroll. We'll win for sure then.
-
National Announcement (joke)
Nah I am going to buy the White Sox from their single propreitary owner Jerry Reinsdorf.
-
National Announcement (joke)
Sure laugh at me now, but you won't be laughing when I am making $50,000 a month
-
Wally Backman new D-Backs Skipper
A source