Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Did I miss something?
It is an epidemic all over the league. I don't know if it is crappy coaching the minors, bad attitudes out of the players, rushing players to the majors, or some combo there of, but it happens way more than it used to. This team is devoid of many little league basic fundementals.
-
Did I miss something?
Hey Rex for some reason your post went up twice... I just deleted the 2nd one.
-
Did I miss something?
Your kidding right? Look at half the players we bring up. Look at Crede and Borchard's swings... they should have known how to swing a bat before they got up here. Heck Aaron's swing was terrible when he got here. None of these kids know how to bunt... It is more than just Willie.
-
Bush wins election endorsement
- Did I miss something?
You should have sat with us then- Did I miss something?
To me I like the move. They are finally getting coaches who fit what the team needs. It is obvious that if Ozzie is going to manage this team, they are going to try to bunt and steal. We should have coaches who were good at it, to teach it to these guys. And as for Willie, this move also tells me this is his make or break season. If Raines can't teach him, no one can, and he will be gone.- Did I miss something?
Interesting. I gotta say if it is true, I like the move a lot. It gets a basestealer over there to whisper in the ears of guys like Willie, and it also gives us one of the best of all time at stealing bases to teach the craft to these kids. If Raines is being hired, it tells me that Willie will be our starting 2B for sure next year (sorry Steff)- Did I miss something?
There is no press release on Whitesox.com, and I don't see it mentioned on WSI anywhere... Where did you hear it from?- *Official* College Basketball Thread
You couldn't have made a more true post. And that goes beyond sports, into everyone's personal opinions too.- Credit Where It's Due
Its a split second decesion. I totally understand making it. Your first instinct is to avoid contact. So that option leaves almost right away (unless you are albert belle), I could see trying to smack the ball loose, especially since the rule against it is pretty obscure.- Credit Where It's Due
Someone posted on the other thread an explanation. Something like once the ball is interfered with, the runner is out, and everyone else returns to where they were.- Credit Where It's Due
Hell the only reason they didn't was because they called out the SWAT team. The security was insane.- Comic strip of the day
- Credit Where It's Due
Well at least on the southside of Chicago :headshake- Credit Where It's Due
Staying with the theme of the thread, this is what Tim McCarver himself kept saying.- Credit Where It's Due
I give all the credit in the world to Curt Schilling. To pitch like he did for 100 pitches on a bum push off ankle is incredible. That is just pure guts, and maybe a good pain shot But definate props to Schil- Favorite Trick Or Treat Memory...
I know JH can't participate. I don't know about GO.- Would anyone give a minor league contract to ELO?
But I could tell you- Would anyone give a minor league contract to ELO?
lucky?- Would anyone give a minor league contract to ELO?
Now there is a motley crue...- Would anyone give a minor league contract to ELO?
Geesh warn me before you post that stuff. My eyes are burning :puke- Snakehead caught at Burnham Harbor
Good news is that they haven't found anymore snakeheads so far in Lake Michigan http://www.nbc5.com/news/3832619/detail.ht...994&dppid=65193- Would anyone give a minor league contract to ELO?
I'll make Esteban this deal. If he never wears the shirt he wore to Soxfest on that Saturday, he can be our 5th starter.- Slap the Canidate
- Look at ME! Look at ME!
The only think I would need Noah's ark for is to ferry my drunk ass home after the party - Did I miss something?