Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Keeper League Keepers
If someone drops a team, I'll pick it up
-
Two new nickels for 2005
I thought it sucked too. IN does a real good job of reinforcing stereotypes as well. I couldn't believe they put Amber Waves of Grain on our license plates at one time. Yes we are all hicks
-
Two new nickels for 2005
Actually on a sort of related note, I LMAO when I saw the Wisconson quarter. Basically almost every stereotype of the state you can think of is on the quarter... Now all you need to make in complete is a fat girl in a Packers jersey.
-
Two new nickels for 2005
http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/15/pf/new_nic...dex.htm?cnn=yes
-
What are you favorite Chicago restaurants
Going to Mikes today I did only include fine dining. If we are including lunch spots... Billy Goat Mike's Chicken Gold Coast Dogs Harold's Chicken Shack
-
NFL, Pick a loser, Week One Results
Players with succesful losing teams picked. (These are the ONLY people who can pick for week 2, also remember once you pick a team, you can't use them again for the rest of the season, or it is an automatic unsuccesful pick) Cardinals Knightni Danman31 Goldmember Soxnbears01 TheBones Texsox Giants Ishmookie DBAH0 WHarris1 Chimpy2121 San Francisco EvilJester99 Cubssuck1 colts Greasywheels121 Spiff Southsider2k4 Steff Dallas DonkeyKongerko JDsDirtySox Tampa Bay Whitesox56789 Oakland Chisoxrd5 Miami Savvy18 Houston Minnysoxfan Players who picked teams that won (these players are out of the contest) CWSguy Soxman352000 Heads22 CrimsonWetall BeGood ManofSteel Kapkomet Rowand44 AssHatSoxFan
-
What are you favorite Chicago restaurants
Trying to stay with real Chicago stuff... Giordanos and Ditkas are great, as it Magnum's.
-
Here Comes Terrible Ivan...
Looking at the radar loop, this storm is still moving very much straight to the north. Unless it starts to take a more easterly flow, it isn't out of the question that we could get smacked by some of the squal lines. This bears watching... This is the national radar loop. http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationa...op&prodnav=none
-
Marlins at the Cell
Maybe the fish need to play more of their games here, as they get swept in a big DH and fall 3 games behind the Cubs I guess its "Let's Go Giants" time. Barry
-
19 year old forced to quit 50K/yr city job
The son of an influential Chicago union boss got a job that required 6 years of prior education and experience at 19 years old. After word hit the press, yesterday he quit http://www.nbc5.com/politics/3735106/detai...994&dppid=65172
-
Johnny Ramone dies at 55
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6014362/
-
Joe Crede sucks ass
I am with you. I hate to see the silly plays, but I really think Crede will be a producer. Unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall, and KW will trade him and Jon Garland in the off-season.
-
Another disheartening loss
The off topic stuff really picks up too. There was a huge NCAA hoops following last year, along with the SLaP was really hopping. Plus our membership is way up over last year, so there is no reason to believe it won't be better this year.
-
Believe it or not but....
So maybe, just maybe they would soak all of that in, and come out and play 2005 with a chip on their shoulders. Maybe, just maybe, they could go out and hustle, and steal bases, and all of those silly things that the Twins do. The Sox deserve to sit and watch the Twins celebrate. They have earned it.
-
2nd week pick a loser...
I wanted to make sure this thread got put up... I have no idea who is still in, but people who picked a loser correctly last week, make your picks here for week 2.
-
katie part 3109
Well we all know the Sultan Pimp Jason would be the founder and King. Just don't ask him to make a website for your club
-
Soooo...
Sounds like my day was better than yours Gash Take care buddy, I'll make sure to tip a few for you.
-
1 year at soxtalk
- Here Comes Terrible Ivan...
Ivan has claimed its first victims in the US via tornados. http://www.cnn.com/2004/WEATHER/09/15/hurr...ivan/index.html- Joe Crede sucks ass
And Timo in the OF- Joe Crede sucks ass
Add Ross Gload in the OF to that list :headshake- Joe Crede sucks ass
What did both of those throws have in common? he dropped down side arm on both of them- Twinkees are good (gamethread)
I disagree with this to a point. Albert Belle signed the biggest free agent contract ever (at that time) with us. Jaime Navarro signed a 5 year $35 million deal (big mistake granted, but a free agent none the lesss) The Sox put in a big bid for ARod, and dropped out of the bidding when Boras got the Rangers bidding against themselves. Also I would count the fact that we have resigned our biggest people to many big deals. Frank Thomas has gotten tons of money from the Sox Maggs signed a huge deal with us PK got huge money from us Carlos signed an expensive extension with us. Freddy Garcia is going to get $27 mil from us Mark Buehrle has a long term deal for a lot of money We traded for Contreras who has two years and $16 mil left on his deal. Jose Valentin has gotten 5 years and a good amount of money from the Sox. Billy Koch got a 3 year $18 million deal from us. All those type of deals make it less likely for us to make a big free agent splash. With the Sox drawing less than 2 million people a year, how much more money is there to spend???- Sox v Min
Don't get me wrong, I don't see him making it that big. He seems to be thinking way too much. But you can't deny the kids athletic ability, strength, and heart. he hustles every play, and is an incredible student of the game. I honestly think if he could hone his athleticism he could be the best player on this team, bar none. But I just don't see it happening unfortunately.- concern about KW
Gordon got a big assed contract from the Yankees, that's why we didn't resign him. - Here Comes Terrible Ivan...