Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Jury Duty
Tell them what industry you work in, they will eliminate you ASAP because we tend to make snap judgements and be overly opinionated. Imagine that
-
Franchise added; NBA realigned
Under the new system, there is no point in playoff seeding.
-
Worst baseball fans
I made the list at #2!
-
What has been more of a surprise?
I think Carlos is the biggest surprise. He has never had the plate or hitting disipline that he has exhibited over the last month. He isn't trying to do too much at the plate, and is hitting the ball where the pitch is. Maggs or Frank I could have seen with a streak like this, Carlos never.
-
No Sex With Young Girls
Hey Props for the chickens!!!
-
June 2004 Quotes of the Month
From YASNY comes the sage words of wisdom in the Ugeth Uribina thread "Let see say this. Listening to what another poster says and allow them to change your mind or even admitting you were wrong... well, it's absolutely painless. "
-
Curtis Leskanic Released
I agree with the minor league deal idea. Let the scouts see if he is fixable, while at the sametime, not risking the big league games.
-
Big Frank with an 1.101 OPS
Props to Frank for stepping up when the team needs him the most.
-
Congratulations
OK you guys want a swing break down, I will give it to you. The first half of this season when Carlos was hitting .230 through the first 35 games, he was trying to pull everything down the leftfield line, and looking for homers. a pitch that started on the outer half and ran away from him, was an easy strikeout or at best a pop up. Now he has cut down his swing and if the ball is on the outer half he is looking to right and rightcenter with it. Center in, Carlos is still jumping on the ball looking to hit it hard. But since the scouting report is to get him out away, he doesn't see many inner half pitches. During his 28 game hitting streak Carlos is hitting .381 with 45 hits. Screw BBTN, we got all of the analysts we need right here on Soxtalk! To Carlos Do it again, and you tie Jolten Joe BTW the funniest scene from that last night was were they tossed Carlos the ball after his double, and Carlos takes the ball and tosses it towards the Sox dugout. Jose picks up the ball and fakes like he is going to throw it into the crowd. I fell out of my seat laughing.
-
Lee Sets Franchise Record at 28 Games
Congratulations Carlos!
-
official game thread 6/15
Those are his first two starts after being out for a year after Tommy John surgery. Take those stats with a grain of salt.
-
official game thread 6/15
Trib said Frank.
-
Jakko settled in 1993 for $23 million
Yeah, I was kinda wondering that one myself...
-
Jakko settled in 1993 for $23 million
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5217378/
-
Not bad company to be in...
And the Sox lead MLB with a +65 run differential.
-
Disheartening Article: Magglios GAWN in 05.
Now if there is anything that deserves a fat joke, it is his era.... but seriously folks
-
Lighthearted thread
So Indie, no one else has ever heard of them
-
Disheartening Article: Magglios GAWN in 05.
The backround is a wee bit distorted.
-
My apology to the Arab world
Out of curiousity, did you write this Chaos.
-
Chat Tonight
I have softball tonight. The LBC is looking to go 8-0
-
Classless to Classy
When did you get two? Are you cheating again?
-
2.6 mil new jobs doesn't sound crazy anymore
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5214916/
-
Osama and Hussein
I am very familiar with the LaRouche supporters. They infest downtown Chicago, and espesially the areas around DePaul and the Board of Trade during election years. I was more trying to connect if Lyndon was indeed a Libertarian, or if I was remembering wrong.
-
Lighthearted thread
This is much more my style
-
Lighthearted thread
Watch out that cat is a terrorist