Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I was more looking at the fact that he has had an era under 4.51 TWICE in the last 10 years, including 5.77 and 4.89 in the last two years. I tend to go with the 10 year sample size, vs the 6 week one.
  2. Umm there is a couple issues with your post. No one has ever pitched more than one perfect game. Also Nolan Ryan and Hideo Nomo have never pitched perfect games, only no hitters.
  3. southsider2k5 replied to The Beast's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Honestly I can think of one other guy, and that is Anthony007. The 3 of you are like the Ralph Nader supporters of the world.
  4. Also Lew Ford is in LF today, so it may well be true.
  5. I'm kind of a microbiology nut
  6. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I miss Seinfeld and the Animaniacs more than anything.
  7. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3727225.stm
  8. I did find this chart. So yeah, like for me in Indiana we have 18.1 cents per gallon going to the state of IN right away, plus fed taxes, plus the cost of the gas, plus 6% in sales taxes. Nice scam, huh. http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/statisti...state_2002.html
  9. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3728617.stm
  10. It might be. On a state-by-state basis, I have no idea.
  11. Except his is bigger than yours is....
  12. BTW, I went and looked it up, it is exsise taxes. It is the samething they do on alcohol and cigs as well.
  13. You are partially right. There are both. States and the national government have a flat tax per gallon, PLUS you pay state sales taxes on your purchase.
  14. The sad thing is that this is going a long way towards helping states balance their budgets. Remember when you buy gas, you are also paying sales taxes on it. And with gas being 25-30% more expensive, and there being very little change in buying habits, all of that money is going to your respective states. That is a dirty little secret your governors probably aren't telling you as they take credit for balancing their budgets.
  15. http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/18/pf/autos/g...dex.htm?cnn=yes
  16. I gotta imagine that it isn't an inning thing, but a pitch count thing. I bet they keep him in the 60-70 pitch range, tops.
  17. Bull is getting another spot start? Hopefully this one goes much better for him!
  18. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5006372/
  19. Failed MNF experiements. See also Dennis Miller
  20. 17 perfect games against only 5 franchises is really impressive. Although 6 now that you include the Braves
  21. My computer ran out of green?
  22. Are you kidding me? That guy on the right is an idiot! He should be collecting trash in the parking lots

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.