Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Quest for Noah's ark
OK one last footnote on the battle royal. I deleted both of the off-shoot threads. Neither served a useful purpose, and it wouldn't be right to delete one, and not the otherone. All right, back to your regularly scheduled debate Signed your friendly admin guy
-
Quest for Noah's ark
Damn right I would
-
Quest for Noah's ark
Being probably the only person who has met both Steff and PA, let me just say & :puke respectively
-
A Happier SL&P
No. This is one of the things I like most about Soxtalk, is that the freedom of topics and discusion. Personally I think we all could use a lesson lately (myself included) in respecting others. Make an arguement, but don't make it personally. If you find yourself talking about the person, rather than the topic, there is no need for the comment IMO. Now we do everything we can to allow people to have their say, and always will. I really hate closing threads, and do so with extreme regreatance. Just take a step back and relax people. Someones cyberopinion isn't worth getting upset about. If anyone wants to talk more about this feel free, or if they want to keep their opinion anonymus, PM me. Mike
-
Quest for Noah's ark
All right here is the deal. Steff-Alex let it go. I am going to reopen this thread, because there is a lot of good stuff in it, and I think it should go on. If guys want to argue, please keep it PMs.
-
Another Hit Record
And just to prove the point, that I am NOT the ONLY one posting here As of just now, this is how many people have at least X number of posts. 15,000-2 6,000 -9 5,000 -14 2,000 -54 1,000 -81 500 -111 100 -199
-
Brooks Boyer new vp of Sox marketing
So out of curiousity, if you present a season ticket at the gate, would get another give away or would they know you already got it, and not give you one?
-
Baker/Wood fines and suspended
Meh, he isn't even fit to let your hamsters crap on.
-
Anyone up for a meeting?
When you are as good as I am... You need all the luck you can get Thanks
-
Anyone up for a meeting?
I've got my first softball game tommorrow.
-
Bruce Levine giving it all back to Mariotti
Not to you personally, but that arguement is complete BS. Since when was Wrigley put in downtown? Remember the Wrigley neighborhood hasn't always been Yuppified, that basically occured within the last 5-10 years. They seem to draw fine, much further away from downtown than Comiskey. I don't care if they were downtown, people would still find excuses not to go to the games.
-
Sox Bullpen
- April 28th Game Thread 1:05 first pitch
Hey it took me a long time to get her trained to do that. The sad thing was it was still better than listening to Chip Carey.- Baker/Wood fines and suspended
Now THAT is funny. His own fans sold his ass out.- What pick will Bulls have?
Personally I am kind of hoping some of the scorers from NC go pro. The Bulls need a 3 who can be a 20 pt/first option scorer.- Another Hit Record
Nah the bastards are either Cub fans, or fishermen- Wine, Cigars, Deer Head --
I didn't say post MY credit card info- Wine, Cigars, Deer Head --
All I have to say is name names. That would be the quickest way to solve the problem. Hell I would think that there should be access to a itemized breakdown of all purchases made by my reps and sens. It is my tax money after all. I should have the ability to decide if it is being spent properly or not.- April 28th Game Thread 1:05 first pitch
Damn was I shocked. I left work when it was 8-3 and didn't even bother getting out my walkman. My wife called me on the train and told me it was 8-6 and gave me the PBP the rest of the way- Bruce Levine giving it all back to Mariotti
And ignorance.- Am I late on this?
I thought it was pretty funny, except for the ending. We all know Sammy would have flown into a roid rage, and then Sox fan would have had 6 of his buddies putting a southside beatdown on Sosa.- Tips for vendors
[rant] Wow. I can't believe the amount of "no's" I know for a fact that these people don't make THAT much money at all, unless it is the Cubs in town. These people bust their ass, and have to buy the stuff they vend ahead of time, to sell it. If they don't sell it, they get stuck with it. The only people who make a lot of money is the team and the concession companies. Not tipping these guys because the concessions are too expensive is only hurting the average Joe. That is like going to the Chop House and not tipping the waiter because the food was so expensive. No one would ever do that right? It isn't any different at the ballpark. These people make their living off of tips. Essentially the little bit they get in comissions, pays their taxes. If you think the concessions are too expensive, don't buy them. That hurts the people who need to be hurt. Anyone who doesn't tip these guys should be ashamed. [/rant]- 4/28 games
Wow, Carlos Lee #2 is hitting .097 That's under the Klayton line...- What pick will Bulls have?
The Bulls can't pick 4th. The Charlotte Bobcats are picking 4th. And actually the worst they can pick now is 6th if 3 teams move ahead of both Orlando and the Bulls, since Charlotte is guarenteed #4.- Baker/Wood fines and suspended
Even funnier is seeing Dusty b**** about it in the papers. Yeah Dusty life is unfair when you act like an idiot. - April 28th Game Thread 1:05 first pitch