Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. His opting out in 2 years might not even be the worst thing. I am kind of surprised after Albert Belle and Frank Thomas turning into wins with those opt outs, that JR is so against them.
  2. I am not ready, which is why I want Conforto.
  3. There are still plenty of ABs for Andrew Vaughn, even with a real RF, especially once the inevitable injuries start happening.
  4. I can respect Jim. I will just stop there.
  5. Odd take, but yes, I would like an actually decent MLB RF playing on a team that is competing for a title this yar.
  6. You and I are on the same page on this one. I have no idea what people get out of following him.
  7. We had a .671 OPS out of RF last year. Conforto is his career worst year filled injuries was .729. His career number is .824. If you leave off 2021 it becomes .843. Even at his worst, he is a large improvement. At his career average he is a huge improvement. If he gets near his career upper end, he would be worth an almost 300 point OPS improvement.
  8. What a move to bet your franchise on Watson. Wow.
  9. On a roster that was 28th in combined OPS from RF, it is worth $20 million to get a huge improvement out there.
  10. OK, look, there are reasons to not want Conforto. His 2021 could well be a redflag to start with. But because he doesn't hit great against lefties? I mean have you see the rest of this roster? There is literally everyone else on this roster who can hit against lefties. We would be fine.
  11. Same. This has been needed for a while.
  12. It's really a shame Engel can't stay healthy. As a 19th round pick, he has been an absolute steal even just being a part timer. It would be nice to see if he could actually hit a nice ceiling with some real playing time.
  13. https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/1504860108953579520?s=20&t=Cm_Et0xNoLlptQfB5cJWCw
  14. Some of us are at acceptance.
  15. It strikes me as another inkblot test. Those with some optimism see Pujols, Abreu, Soto, Longoria etc. Then there are those who look for the worst.
  16. If they feel there is something there. They make the deal. They don't think like anyone else in MLB.
  17. Well, they were willing to for the same guy at the TDL.
  18. They were just bidding about double that for Freeman.
  19. I will never get people who catch hurt feelings when our players do well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.