Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. This whole situation is so disheartening. It nears to get out, get aired, and justice be done.
  2. In fact I went back thru old threads. Kenny was pissed we didn't even get a personal interview with Ohtani. Wonder if he regrets picking LAAAAAA?
  3. That also wouldn't stop them from using him today. They released Adam Eaton the day after hitting him leadoff.
  4. For the record the other plausible scenario is a pitching injury, more probably an injury to a starter.
  5. That's what I am saying. They wouldn't pull him for that until they had to.
  6. Until he is ACTUALLY dfa'd, yes. Then he is in limbo until his status is determined.
  7. To remove him from the 40, he has to go thru waivers
  8. Unless he was waved today, there is no reason to protect him to remove him from the 40.
  9. That's the thing. We are talking about a game on the 19th. He could start today and still be on schedule to come up and spot start.
  10. Or an expiring contract. Someone like Arizona taking a chance on him for Escobar maybe? Or he could be a 2nd or 3rd piece in a bigger deal.
  11. I could see someone wanting to take a chance on fixing him. You can't teach that arm.
  12. That's why I was wondering about Hug Watch. Seems weird that he would just take his next start on schedule if he started in the DH.
  13. Cespedes COULD be a quick mover based on his history in Cuba. Obviously that remains to be seen, but I sure wouldn't let him stop me from bringing in a long term RF if it was the right guy.
  14. They tried. He wanted a west coast team.
  15. In addition, LAAAAA added 4 more pitchers in UDFA so far, along with 4 position players.
  16. I actually I just went to the page, and it looks like they might have pulled the offer at the end of may.
  17. Welcome to Soxtalk!
  18. Knowing what our record is, our divisional lead is, along with who is healthy, and what the time lines are for the guys who aren't healthy looks like, what are your top priorities for trades as of today? Personally I really liked the idea of adding another starter, and going to a six man rotation, especially in the cases of Rodon and Cease, they are going to be potentially hitting the wall soon. Short of getting that creative, I would really like to add two more arms to the pen, one RHP, one LHP, if possible. I would put 2B as next on the list RF would be my last priority, and the thing I would be least willing to expend resources for, UNLESS we got a guy who would be with the team for 2-3 years, at least.
  19. $25 million isn't really superstar money anymore, that is more in that $35 million range. It will probably be even less costly with some wage inflation in MLB by 2025.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.