Everything posted by Harry Chappas
-
HSC
We need more black players, they can handle the heat much better. Loiaza threw 121 pitches in 6 innings, unless he was throwing between innings, the fielders were out there a-lot longer than the 99 pitches Colon threw over 8 innings in the heat yesterday. As big a tub of goo as he may be, arguing over who is better is kind of dumb as they both, along with Buerhle are better than anything we have had in about 10 years. Now if only we could get a bullpen. The converstation is pretty frustrating as these two guys are arguably our best starters. If the mindset of the fielders is indeed the case, this is sad as hell. Our fielders should go work for the city as they seem to have standing around in the heat down to a science.
-
The useless prospect
Colon would've cost us Kip and at least Fogg, IMHO.
-
Mother Nature Shines
Imagine the debacle if the bullpen had to be called on early due to a lengthy delay.
-
Yankees trade Benitez to Seattle
Nelson would've looked good in our pen. I assume he has big dough coming. He spoke up and got sent to the Yanks, same with Boone. What to do with Rick White????
-
Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT
What the f*** does bear witha banjo mean? Harvey has three hits down 1-2 as well.
-
Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT
Go back in this thread about Koch, we are really going to need him. I do not think Gordon should ahve come in after throwing 50 pitches the other day and warming up yesterday. Eventually someone is going to have to step up outside of Gordon and Marte.
-
Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT
4-3 Royals. Here comes marte, f*** Manuel.
-
Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT
So it shall be said, so it shall be done DOUBLE PLAY ...great play by Alomar Man on 3rd, still 3-0 good guys THIS IS WHY WE SIGNED BART AND TRADED FOR ALOMAR FOLKS What did Alomar do, nothing said on the radio?
-
Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT
Colon blister???? Double play ball, o.k. that's good. Blisters suck.
-
Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT
108,000+ for the series nice draw, Uncle Jerry must be happy.
-
Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT
When does Valentin insist on hitting right-handed????
-
Who should be the 5th starter?
Toss Finley $100,000 a win.
-
Royals @ Sox Game Thread- 1:05 CT
espn???? i thought that the game was on fsn today...........with the usual hawk and dj broadcasting team....... ESPN will be blacked out in Chicago and shown on FSN regionally, I believe. Either way i don't get to see it unless someone calls in a bomb threat to 360 N. Michigan, there is a beer in it for you. A six pack if you don't get drunk, fight and piss off the real fans.
-
Winning errrr.....Ugly?
What does half price have to do with anything. Nobody should have to pay $14 to sit in the UD in the corners. With parking and concessions, I am sure they make more than they would at 20,000 full priced tickets. When is 20,000 for a wednesday afternoon after drawing 88,000 the previous two days, a bad thing. If the Sox dropped prices and 2M fans showed up would you then complain that they should charge more for????? I don't see the point. 5 arrests for fighting out of 44,000 people is not that bad. Did you read about the two guys that fought 5 cops after the cub game last week? Lets see we want fans to show up so we can sign players but they have to sit quietly and not disturb you or Ed Farmer, give me a break.
-
We lost
Cerb, If you are planning on buying tickets at the window with a pepsi can (like i am), plan on a good wait in line if you get there after 6...i waited 15 minutes in line to get my will call tickets. And, traffic is a mess. Plus good tickets go fast when you are waiting in line for that long. Of course if you have tickets already in hand, disregard what i said I'm planning on getting there as early as possible. I might leave my house around 4'ish (I live an hour away), to beat the Skyway construction traffic. Any clue on what time the paid parking lots open? I'd hope a bit before the gates open. There is a bar on 39th St and Normal with a big parking lot you can park for free as long as you eat/drink $10 worth of whatever inside. The joint is called Cobblestones after the game you can go up to 43rd and get on the Ryan or head down 39th and avoid traffic. It is a bit of a walk but nothing major.
-
Umpire from last eve
Was the home plate ump (Wegman?) the same guy that had the atrocious series in Cleveland where he missed Graffanino tagging the guy at second and the game at the plate that was one of the worst I can remember, last nights was no batter. I remember Hawk commenting on him in Cleveland.
-
Garland Injured?
Are you on drugs??? Did you like the move or didn't you? Within a five message span you confuse yourself.
-
8/4....SOX vs. KC - The battle for the Central
What happened on the Olivo pitch? It looked like it hit him????
-
Garland Injured?
I have only been half watching and listening to this game but why was Garland taken out???? A friend called from the park and said the place was going nuts when he took him out. Is Manuel on the take, first the lineup yesterday and now this???
-
KC
They can't produce the tix and get them to Will Call in time but it sure will be full. The Negative fellow I am, it will rain or we will be down 3-0 before hitting. I hate feeling like this. I want to average 35K a night and just kick ass day ina dn day out. Gotta go , park awaits.
-
Anyone else notice?
As far as shortstops go, Jose is allright. Look at what other teams are running out there. Other then the Big 4 (Nomar, Jeter, A-Rod, Tejada,) there are not many better options. The at-bat in the second was terrible but what can you do.
-
Appier works out for the Royals
It he clears waivers he is free to sign with anyone. I thought the Cards wanted him. I can't see the Royals paying big bucks for him.
-
If the sox plan to win this division
I wanted to go but will pass. I surely will miss it. 35+ (32 paying full price,) wow.
-
Worrying
Did you suffer a nasty fall or something over the weekend? Your thoughts are as stupid as I have read from someone that claims to be a fan. I hope someone stole or id and password and you do not follow the team and think this way, why waste your time?
-
Ranger Farmhands
I am by no means telling you what to do but I recently reviewed the stats of all KW traded players (ML and minors.) Kept me pretty busy but was also quite interesting.