chw42
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 1: White Sox at Guardians. Saturday, 12:00 PM
Everything posted by chw42
-
2024 Playoffs - NLCS/ALCS
That's a series changing type of home run.
-
2024 Playoffs - NLCS/ALCS
The whole Cleveland bullpen was more or less unhittable in the regular season. Regression to the mean sucks. Clase especially. He had a 0.6 ERA in the regular season, but has blown 2 games in the playoffs.
-
Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli
I had to Google if Dave Stewart had any substantial money. Turns out he doesn't.
-
Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli
No not like that!
-
24-25 NFL Thread
It's the only blip these past 2 weeks. It's the complete opposite of last year, where we'd look really good on scripted plays, but fall apart afterwards. It's weird because I remember seeing that Waldron scripted some good plays last year to open games. You saw Caleb start going up-tempo that 3rd drive and that's when things changed. Maybe they need to start games that way.
-
24-25 NFL Thread
Caleb good. I like to convince myself that he simply didn't see the safety on the pick he threw. Also, Kmet's progression from soft and awful to a legitimately good TE (and longsnapper) is really nice to see.
-
24-25 NFL Thread
I'm surprised it wasn't Hackett.
-
Wildcard Round
Weren't the Sox looking at Fetter back in 2021 as well to replace Coop? I remember Hahn was interested. I'd imagine had Hinch gotten the job here, we would have hired Fetter too.
-
Wildcard Round
I feel like Hinch has always had the Astros' number since leaving. Good for the Tigers. They actually got here because they were innovative with their injured pitching staff. I'm not sure how good they'll be in a longer series, but a short series like this one really suited them.
-
Wildcard Round
2021 was so long ago that the AL triple crown award winner (Tarik Skubal) was actually not very good back then.
-
NL Wildcard- Braves/Mets/Dbacks
Braves are really flirting with losing this game. They only scored 1 off a guy with a 8.5 ERA.
-
NL Wildcard- Braves/Mets/Dbacks
Sucks for Atlanta.
-
NL Wildcard- Braves/Mets/Dbacks
This is a crazy game. Braves took the lead back and then Lindor homers in the 9th to put the Mets up.
-
NL Wildcard- Braves/Mets/Dbacks
Braves blew a 3 run lead in the 8th. Now they have to start Sale game 2.
-
NL Wildcard- Braves/Mets/Dbacks
If they don't make it, their collapse, while not as bad as the Twins, will look actually worse from a playoff odds perspective. They had a 92% chance to make it a week ago.
-
NL Wildcard- Braves/Mets/Dbacks
If the double header is split tomorrow, Arizona is out. If either team sweeps the DH, Arizona is in.
-
last game thread - Sox @ Tigers, 9/29
I don't think that ever hit the wall on the bobble. Although I think the look on his face said it did lol.
-
24-25 NFL Thread
I think the tide of the whole season changed on the first drive of the 2nd half. Having just a functional run game makes Caleb's life way easier. Waldron finally figured out how to use Swift. Johnson got pretty much all the short down yardage runs and I think he converted just about every time. Caleb and the WR corps definitely left a few points out there, especially at the end of the half, but this was a very clean game from him sans a few of those misses in the end zone.
-
2024: AL Central Thread
What a choke job from the Twins. Weren't they up by like 5 games 2 weeks ago?
-
9/26 Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 1:10PM - final home game
If this team had an even average bullpen they'd be about 10 games better. They blew so many games in the middle of the year that were winnable. There was a period of time where nobody in the bullpen could hold a lead.
-
9/26 Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 1:10PM - final home game
His numbers suck but every time I watch him hit he looks like he belongs in the Majors.
-
2024: AL Central Thread
It's too bad they don't get to play the White Sox to rescue their season.
-
2024: AL Central Thread
The Tigers are now in 2nd place. What epic choke jobs from KC and Minnesota.
-
24-25 NFL Thread
Not to mention they're using Swift completely wrong. If Swift doesn't get to the open field, he's useless. He can't fight through contact or make guys miss with no space to work with. It doesn't help that he and Caleb have a ton of issues linking up on screens (which is probably the best part of his game). It was encouraging that he actually got a few first downs in that 4th quarter. I think Roschon needs more snaps, especially in early down situations. His running style fits the line much more. He can actually fight through contact and fight for yards. Swift running for 1-2 yards on first down is an absolute drive/momentum killer.
-
24-25 NFL Thread
Eberflus is not a serious coach. How do you not have them ready to go for 2 immediately? You wasted a timeout for that?