Everything posted by chw42
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
Ugh, I was hoping the Astros would get worse. I'm still hoping the Dodgers miss out on Freeman so they can go and spend big money on Correa.
-
21/22 NCAA Basketball Thread
Illinois will have to face Houston in the round of 32. Houston is ranked 4th on kenpom. Why the hell do we get screwed every year by the committee?
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
4.5 WAR isn't worth $25 million a year I guess.
-
Sox Sign Vince Velasquez
Yeah this makes me think we're not getting any other pitchers.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
It better be a minor league deal.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
lmao wtf
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
Oops yeah, I totally read that wrong.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
Cruz after the trade last year wasn't that good.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
Yeah, Peguero is more or less a throw in. I guess it depends on what you think of Petty. He's still only 18 and throws pretty hard. Our closest comp is probably Kelley, except Petty hasn't had the injury issues thus far.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
He has a 2023 option. So it's really 2 years.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
Wow they gave up a lot for Gray
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
One less suitor for Kimbrel too
-
White Sox Sign RP Joe Kelly (2yrs with a club option; $17m)
I don't think it's a matter of why the Sox won't trade him. It's a matter of lack of interest from other teams for what the Sox are asking in return.
-
White Sox Sign RP Joe Kelly (2yrs with a club option; $17m)
https://soxmachine.com/2022/03/12/joe-kelly-white-sox-signing-analysis/ I had no idea Kelly got hurt in the playoffs last year. Apparently, the injury was not bad enough for him to miss the 6 month time that it might have required. We'll see how it goes I guess.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
Codi Heuer is still on a plane somewhere.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
Well you know Jerry ain't gonna spend above it.
-
2021-22 NBA Thread
Caruso comes back and the Bulls limit the Cavs to 91 points. His impact is impeccable.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
Is that Orlando?
-
Sox sign 2B Josh Harrison (1 yr, 5.5M; club option; 1.5M buyout)
And yet he still put up similar numbers to Harrison over the last 2 months. I think that speaks more about Harrison than Hernandez.
-
Sox sign 2B Josh Harrison (1 yr, 5.5M; club option; 1.5M buyout)
Harrison was just as bad as Hernandez after he got traded to the A's. It is a bit puzzling why they didn't decline the option and try to bring him back on the cheap. The Nats signed him for 4 million.
-
White Sox Sign RP Joe Kelly (2yrs with a club option; $17m)
I don't think unvaxxed players can play in Canada until Canada gets rid of their vaccine requirement.
-
Sox sign 2B Josh Harrison (1 yr, 5.5M; club option; 1.5M buyout)
vEtErAn pReSeNcE
-
White Sox Sign RP Joe Kelly (2yrs with a club option; $17m)
And the bullpen was pretty bad in the postseason. I can see why they thought it needed to be improved.
-
Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin
If it's for a reasonable return, probably like a 6 or 7.
-
Sox sign 2B Josh Harrison (1 yr, 5.5M; club option; 1.5M buyout)
Depends on who you ask. Career-wise he's been pretty average. But he's about to be 35, so who knows where his legs are.