Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
5/23 Games
Hopefully two fifths of our second half rotation!!
-
2019 MLB draft thread
Gotcha...I’m fine with what they did last year, but would love a couple pre bats in rounds 1 & 2 assuming Adley doesn’t fall.
-
McCann Extension
Someone would definitely pick up on the cheap if released.
-
McCann Extension
100% agree. If he wants to get paid like a non-elite, but above-average starting catcher I want to see him maintain a certain level of offense across the entire season.
-
McCann Extension
Zero reason to rush this unless he’s willing to take a dirt cheap deal.
-
Time for some changes, Rick
I keep forgetting we have three shit spots in the rotation. Yeah, might need to keep Nova around depending on Banuelos looks when he comes back.
-
Eaton and Frazier are in a feud in 2019...stemming from Drake Laroche
Nope, Eaton being a better player for the 2016 White Sox means jack shit and I’m glad Frazier shoved his ass into a locker for being a loud-mouth, stupid douche.
-
Time for some changes, Rick
But to get back on topic here, the Sox will need to make some major changes soon if they’re serious about competing next season. We desperately need to get a look at some of young guys and see who might be options for next year. The guys I’m most interested in seeing by July 1st are Cease, Collins, Mendick, & Lambert. And depending on where they want to use Collins, I’d probably give Palka one last shot. That means Alonso & Nova need to be DFAed. That means Rondon will need to be removed from the 40 man. If they believe Collins can stick at catcher, then Castillo needs to go at some point as well. Cease is the only one of those guys really guaranteed a spot next year. Would be great if one or two of the others showed enough ability to be able to plug holes this offseason. With the minor league system really struggling, reinforcements will primarily have to come from free agency. And while we should theoretically have a ton of money to work with, money has its limits and the more cheap solid-average guys to fill spots the better.
-
Time for some changes, Rick
Like I said, Colome should be traded if he can net a top 100 prospect. Herrera has been garbage since returning from his injury and I’m simply not ready to make a call on what he might capable of next year. Bummer has looked good, but as Fry has shown us this year, relievers are volatile as fuck. Marshall has been effective and Burr has shown some signs of promise. We might feel good heading into next season, but right now, no metric will convince me otherwise that this bullpen is littered with question marks. We need some of the higher caliber relief prospects to step up. Burdi’s command has been a disaster at AA, but it’s way too early to panic on him. Hamilton’s stats are ugly but his peripherals have been pretty good over his last ten appearances. If those guys could step up and show the potential to be lock-down relievers in the majors that would go a long way to making me feel more confident about the bullpen for next year.
-
Time for some changes, Rick
- Time for some changes, Rick
The White Sox ate $8.5M of Keppinger’s deal. I’m sure there are other examples of them eating a few million dollars here or there.- Time for some changes, Rick
How is the bullpen decent? Colome should be traded at the All Star break is he can command a good return and after that it’s a bunch of unknowns and question marks. We have a lot of young guys who could potentially fill roles, but right now I don’t feel certain about any of them. We desperately need Hamilton & Burdi to regain form and snag some spots.- Time for some changes, Rick
One of the single dumbest posts in SoxTalk history. You actually think the Sox won’t release him, but plan on either rostering him to the end and not playing him at all OR simply out of pure stubbornness to eat some money will continue play him to the point of his options becoming guaranteed and being on the hook for even more money. You can’t honestly believe this bullshit which means you’re just hating to hate.- Time for some changes, Rick
This is just some dumb conspiracy bullshit.- 2019 MLB draft thread
Watch the Sox going pitching heavy in a pitching week draft simply because of organizational need.- Sox @ Astros 5/22 Gamethread
The real pain is watching this rotation when Lucas & Lopez aren’t pitching.- Time for some changes, Rick
Rutherford had already lost a lot of prospect stock when we acquired him, he was more of a bottom 100 prospect at that time.- 5/21 Games
Did Zangari get injured again already?- 5/20 Games
I think Basabe will at some point and maybe Gonzalez. I do think Sheets & Rutherford are simply busts.- 5/20 Games
~28% of his hits this year have been for extra bases. That might not be great but I wouldn’t call it rare.- Sox and Stros 7:10 Central
POTY...and I’m finally putting Goober on ignore!- Game of Thrones
One of the dumber elements of the finale is Dany not immediately killing Tyrion. Makes no sense when she just literally murdered an entire city who did not actually commit treason against her.- Game of Thrones
I think the ending was bad, but this isn’t like Lost where the ending actually ruins everything. Most of the seasons are still great even if the payoff ultimately lacks.- Game of Thrones
Which to me is why it’s so dumb. Why would the vast majority of those people choose him to be king? Half of them have no context for who the three eyed raven even is. If he ends up king in the books, I’m sure GRRM will find a much more rational way of setting it up.- Game of Thrones
Tommen wasn’t really the leader, he was a shield for Cersei, Margaery, & the High Sparrow. - Time for some changes, Rick