Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Better Late Than Never Gamethread
The reason I say that is they had him signed to a minor league deal, watched him throughout spring training, and still decided to hand him $4M despite horrible stuff and a better in-house option already in place. Like I can’t fathom how they thought this made any sense whatsoever. I don’t know the terms of his deal, but I would have sent him to Charlotte to prove his could survive at 89-91 or simply cut him. Hahn literally just threw away $4M on a guy unlikely to survive six weeks on the roster. Just mind-boggling all around.
-
Better Late Than Never Gamethread
I’d be somewhat shocked if he wasn’t pissed about this Santana signing. Dude clearly has nothing and will probably be DFA within a month. They could have literally placed $4M on the pitching mound at the Rate and set it afire and gotten more value than they’ll end up getting out of Ervin. At some point those types of misses are hard to ignore. That being said, like most Reinsdord-backed front offices, they’ll simply blame the players or coaching staff and manage to survive without any real accountability.
-
Better Late Than Never Gamethread
Step your troll game up bro.
-
Better Late Than Never Gamethread
Honestly, starts by Rodon, Lopez, or Giolito are must watch IMO but anything with Nova and especially Santana are tough to endure. With Eloy out hard blame anyone for not tuning into this one.
-
Better Late Than Never Gamethread
Game has already started...
-
We should try an opener for Nova
Based on his comments, I don’t think Cooper will go for an opener unfortunately.
-
We should try an opener for Nova
Easily the most perplexing move of the offseason and that’s saying a lot.
-
NFL Thread 2019-2020
Absolutely disgusting if Hill did this and got away with it.
-
4/24 Games
Gonzalez, Sheets, & Adolfo each had a walk and only one strikeout combined. I guess I’ll take that all things considered.
-
Does Charlie Tilson deserve a shot?
Tilson may get a look if he keeps this up and we deal Leury eventually, but until then he’s not really a factor.
-
04.23.19 Games
Yup, that’s without question the biggest concern IMO.
-
2019 MLB draft thread
One thing to say it’s not a stretch, it’s another thing to say it’s the expectation.
-
ADAM ENGEL MYSTERY
Yup, / thread
-
2019 MLB draft thread
The Royals took five college arms in the first two rounds last year. They’re trying to rebuild as quickly as possible and will almost certainly take a college player at #2. I’d be shocked if they passed on both Adley and Vaughn.
-
Anyone else want to claim Swihart / DFA Castillo
Why do you expect this? And why would that be ironic? Our front office was prepared to pay him like $250M over 8 years, so clearly they don’t think he’ll be some scrub in a few years.
-
Per Forbes: White Sox 6th most profitable team by operating income, valued at 1.6B overall
I 100% agree, I’m just saying this one time blip in profitability doesn’t mean Jerry is hoarding in the cash. I do think they more or less try to break-even, but that Jerry refuses to go into the red, never invests up-front for long-term gains down the roads, and probably doesn’t reinvest any surpluses back into the team. Jerry is cheap in a lot of ways, but he’s not caking as much as certain haters would like to believe.
-
ADAM ENGEL MYSTERY
I’d totally be ok with that, but for whatever reason feel like the Sox like having Engel’s defense off the bench.
-
Alec Hansen a Reliever Now?
We know why broke last year (lost 40 pounds, got hurt, and messed up his mechanics). I’m willing to roll the dice on him returning to form know that he’s addressed the issue. Maybe there’s more to it than just that or maybe he’s simply a headcase, but either way he’s far more valuable to our organization as a starter than a reliever.
-
ADAM ENGEL MYSTERY
I think he gets demoted as soon Jay comes back (assuming that happens).
-
Per Forbes: White Sox 6th most profitable team by operating income, valued at 1.6B overall
Making money <> top five most profitable team. Let’s all try to be objective in our hate for Uncle Jerry.
-
ADAM ENGEL MYSTERY
Because he has a poor hit tool and terrible plate discipline. Those are hard to improve when you’re 27 years old.
-
ADAM ENGEL MYSTERY
Lol...there was never a chance of this happening bro.
-
Game of Thrones
If there is an Azor Ahai, it’s most definitely Jon or Dany. Theon’s redemption arc will be ending next episode.
-
Alec Hansen a Reliever Now?
100% agree. Plus we have a ton of potential bullpen options from the right side and very few high caliber starting pitching prospects. Once he regains his form & confidence, I want him starting.
-
Per Forbes: White Sox 6th most profitable team by operating income, valued at 1.6B overall
I mean, they were rebuilding last year and purposely cut payroll as a result. I’m not going to defend Reinsdorf when it comes to money, but we didn’t need Forbes to tell us the Sox were highly profitable last year. That’s what happens when mid/large market teams go through a rebuild. Also, them making money last year doesn’t have any reflection on what kind of profits they’ve made historically. You’re drawing some pretty ridiculous conclusions here. All that being said, the real question is whether the Sox reinvest these savings into the team in future seasons. Fans should be pissed if the Sox pocket all this money they made during tanking seasons only cry poor in the future. IMO, there is zero reason the Sox shouldn’t be rocking $150M+ payrolls once we hit our competitive window. If that doesn’t happen, then these Forbes become far more telling.