Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. I’m just saying relative to the books, the Azor Ahai prophecy stuff has barely been mentioned. Stannis was hyped up as the Prince who was Promised, but a lot of the background behind that (like Lightbringer and Azor Ahai killing his wife) has been ignored for the most part. As for Brynden Rivers, he was the bastard son of a Targaryen king (whose nickname was “Lord Bloodraven”) and most believe him to be the current Three Eyed Raven training Bran in the books.
  2. Why would the Sox feel compelled to address this if not asked? Private companies typically don’t discuss their financials in any form.
  3. No offense, but you’re making some pretty big leaps here if I remembering the books correctly. Also, the TV show has gone in significantly less detail than the books on these subjects and won’t be hitting all the same story beats. Like even the Azor Ahai stuff has been kept to a minimum. There is unlikely to be a payoff with the Faceless / Many Faced God. As for Bran, he is the Three Eyed, Blood Raven was Bryndan Rivers the Three Eyed Raven before him.
  4. Why is this? I must be missing some context around this.
  5. Would be a huge help to our pitching depth. Need some arms to step up after all the issues we’ve experienced this past year or so.
  6. I’m not going to jump to any conclusions just yet, but the Chris Getz hire was highly suspect at the time given his limited experience and connection to the organization (and U of M).
  7. The Royals are taking a college player at #2, it’s pretty much a guarantee.
  8. All three swinging K’s too.
  9. They hired his uncle. But even more that, they’re just getting their rebuild underway and Witt on an underslot makes more sense to kick things off.
  10. Orioles - Witt Jr Royals - Vaughn Sox - Rutschman Possible but seems crazy two teams would pass on Adley. That being said, I truly believe the Orioles will take Witt in a underslot deal.
  11. Carlos Perez continues to draw walks which is a nice development.
  12. I agree on Arya. At least one or two big characters have to die and Arya seems like a pretty good choice. She seems like the least important to the story going forward (unless she kills Cersei) and the fact she’s at an all-time high in terms of cockiness seems like a death sentence. I’ll need to rewatch the Lyanna Mormont scenes because it feels like I missed something important there. That being said, I’d be surprised if they killed off both her & Jorah (simply because it wipes out the Mormont name) and I fully expect Jorah to go down in a blaze of glory.
  13. So by my count there are currently 24 named characters in Winterfell for the battle of the dead. Here are my odds on each character surviving the fight: Jon - 100% Daenerys - 100% Tyrion - 100% Sansa - 100% Missandei - 100% The Hound - 100% Davos - 75% Sam - 75% Gilly - 50% Arya - 50% Gendry - 50% Lyanna Mormont - 50% Jaime - 50% Pod - 50% Yohn Royce - 25% Varys - 25% Jorah - 25% Bran - 25% Brienne - 25% Tormund - 25% Theon - 0% Delorous Edd - 0% Beric Dondarrion - 0% Gray Worm - 0% Based on simple math, I’m guessing about half of the 24 characters bite the dust and wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a little higher than that.
  14. Why Stott? He seems like a huge reach at #3.
  15. So who does everyone think their big five is? It’s clearly four positional guys and one pitcher. I’m going to be an optimist and say it’s down to Rutschman, Vaughn, Witt, Abrams, & Lodolo.
  16. The best player in franchise history was a right handed 1B only guy. Profiles are fine for a general rule of thumb, but if Vaughn’s hit & power tools are as good as advertised, I’m not passing on him because there are other options who are left-handed or can play a corner OF spot. Again, just take BPA whether that’s Vaughn or one of the HS kids.
  17. Please don’t draft at #3 based on current major league needs. Take BPA and be done with it.
  18. You got wish on the K’s so far, but unfortunately they’re coming with HR’s & BB’s. Doubles for both Adolfo & Rutherford early.
  19. The beauty of baseball is any moment can be a game winner. A solo shot in the first is the difference in a 1-0 game. Why can guys only celebrate walk-off or late game plays when an early inning moment can be just as important? I’m not suggesting the team should rush the field after a 3rd inning home-run, but Tim should be allowed to flip his damn bat and celebrate with his team after any play of significance. These unwritten rules are just straight up dumb and all they do is help adult men with raging egos not catch feelings when they fuck up in a game.
  20. I didn’t mean any ill-will or to suggest all people over 40 believe in the unwritten rules. It was more an observation that the younger fans across the country (regardless of team affiliation) seem to be supporting Tim which is cool IMO.
  21. Yeah, I was pretty close there, although I wouldn’t call it a big start. Promising in a lot of ways (good velocity, lots of strikes, no walks), but he could have easy dominated today with sharper secondary stuff and a little better command. Regardless, it was a much needed step in the right direction.
  22. I’m just messing around, he definitely looks like an injury waiting to happen out there. Still willing to give him more time though before I move him to DH.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.