Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Offseason Targets
Which means we should be signing Springer by tomorrow ?
- The Blake Snell Thread
- George Springer Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
-
Do we need to acquire a closer?
I mean, if Colome only goes for 1/$6M then why not? But at typical rates, I’d prioritize other needs first and add a Kela type reliever to the mix.
-
George Springer Thread
- Offseason Targets
His contact is awful though and his 97 wRC+ at least should give some cause for concern when it comes to his bat.- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
Jack - I’d be good with you as our GM with these viewpoints. I’m not sure how I’d feel about such a trade, just saying that the Rays would almost certainty take a package built around Kopech & Vaughn. At bare minimum, that would be their opening ask. From there, it really comes down to how eager they are to move Snell’s salary.- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
No fucking way that’s the price and if it is we should simply pass. I’d wager large sums of money that no prospect has gained more value in the last three months Crochet. IMO, he’s a legit top 50 prospect at this point (despite how the major publications rank him) and under no circumstance can you give up three top 50 prospects for a guy with only three years of control and coming off a fairly ordinary 2020 season. I love Snell and think he’d be a massive get, but you have to consider the long-term impacts of such a trade and two blue chippers should be the most we’re willing to deal for him.- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
The Rays want to compete, so if they move Snell they will want to major league pieces and while Dunning a nice prospect, I think they’d require Kopech on the pitching side. And honestly, if I’m them I’d 100% need Vaughn involved to provide some certainty since Kopech is a bit of a high variance guy.- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
- The Blake Snell Thread
It would be both plus a semi interesting third piece. Look at the Archer deal as a basic framework, but you can ignore Balta’s ridiculous proposal of Vaughn, Kopech, Cease, & Madrigal. But if this is the move the Rays want to make, it’s going to be hard for another to offer up comparable hitting & pitching prospects that are both major league ready. We probably can get him if we’re willing to give those two up.- BaseballAmerica: Kelley Draws Rave Reviews from Instructs
Weight has always been an issue for him though, so while there may be a semi-acceptable reason it’s definitely something to keep a close eye one.- BaseballAmerica: Kelley Draws Rave Reviews from Instructs
Let’s hope he can keep his weight where it’s at, a little alarming he got heavier since the spring.- Offseason Targets
He’s a negative value player, we shouldn’t have to get anything to get him unless the Rockies are paying down part of his contract. - Offseason Targets