Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
- George Springer Thread
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
Fully agree, but I’d still be ok with the new GM taking one of those two QBs.
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
At this point we should hope the Bears go 2-4 to end the season and end up closer to the 10th pick. Might have a shot at Lance or Wilson if they can get to this range without having too give up too much future draft capital.
-
Soxtalk Trade Value Poll
The Sox aren’t trading Eloy
-
Soxtalk Trade Value Poll
Not even close, but he’s probably the most expendable.
-
Soxtalk Trade Value Poll
Stiever makes the most sense as a possible trade candidate for two reasons. 1) He’s demonstrated more than the HS kids (production vs. potential) and therefore we’d be selling closer to full value. 2) He’s caught in-between two waves of pitching prospects. Right now, any rotation opportunities will go to Dunning, Cease, & Kopech with Crochet probably a year out from being a legit option. Three years or so down the line Kelley, Dalquist, Thompson, & Vera should be close to ready. He could still find a way to squeeze into the starting mix due the volatile nature of pitching, but he’s redundant to some extent. He’s definitely a guy you use as a headliner for Lynn and still feel good about your pitching depth.
-
Offseason Targets
There is some logic in committing your financial resources to the position player rather than the pitcher. I’d still pursue Bauer above Springer, but if that’s a no go for whatever reason George is a tremendous consolation prize. He basically gives you a positional core that’s more or less locked in for the foreseeable future. Robert = 7 Vaughn = 7 Jimenez = 6 Madrigal = 6 Moncada = 5 Springer = 5* Anderson = 4 Grandal = 3 Abreu = 2 Honestly, that allows you to commit a significant amount of your talent pipeline to pitching like we saw this year with Crotchet & Kelly this year, Thompson & Dalquist the year before, and Vera as a LatAm free agent. Obviously most of those guys are far away from helping, but if you constantly have an influx of cheap young pitching you can hopefully keep that positional core around while they quickly increase in cost. To me, it seems like our best for building a mini dynasty.
-
Offseason Targets
You’re still missing the emphasis on the “AND” part of these posts. He’s 100% talking about Springer and seems to believe we have a shot.
-
Offseason Targets
He means that the Sox are trying hard for Springer right now. His other post was that both Springer & Bauer is unlikely.
-
Offseason Targets
He means Springer
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
Fucking Bears
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
Hopefully dude is ok
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
OMFG Foles
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
Bears get the ball back and will somehow win despite not having an offense for the first 59 minutes of the game
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
This entire offense is horrid, but I agree, at this point give Mitch one last look.
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
JFC, I can’t believe he over-through that
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
I literally am more attentive watching random games I have no vested interest in than watching this shit-show. Like I get Montgomery is out, but how in the fuck is Patterson next on the depth chart? And I like what I’ve seen from Mooney, but how is he our #2 WR as a rookie? Outside of Robinson, there literally isn’t a single plus skill player on the entire offense. It’s totally unacceptable in this day and age.
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
Justin Jefferson has more yardage than our entire offense.
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
If this offense doesn’t get Pace & Nagy fired, I’m not sure what will. Maybe I’m going to crazy from the absolute boringness of this offense, but Cordarelle fucking Patterson has been the focal point tonight. That’s completely unacceptable and it’s officially time for real change.
-
George Springer Thread
- Offseason Targets
Fair enough.- Offseason Targets
I don’t think you’re reading his post right. He’s saying we won’t sign both Springer & Bauer, but that we possibly could sign one (and he’s implied on podcasts that Springer is far more likely).- Sox hire Ethan Katz per WSD
Oh really? I totally think the opposite and feel like we might go in a different direction than Super Joe as bench coach.- Sox hire Ethan Katz per WSD
Sounded like it would be early this week. At this point it’s really just bench coach and assistant hitting coach that are still up in the air.- Offseason Targets
Why wouldn’t it? - Offseason Targets