Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
#3 Starter for Playoffs
Kopech should start in AAA on an innings limit to potentially extend his season with Dunning & Cease as the #4 & #5 starters respectively. If everyone is healthy, he should get called up in June once we regain a year of control and can replace the weakest link.
-
Bummer/ Gonzales/Rodon
If anything, Rodon finally accepts he won’t be a starter and becomes a Pomeranz type weapon out of the bullpen. This idea of Rodon suddenly clicking as a starter is nothing more than Jack Parkman torture porn.
-
#3 Starter for Playoffs
Buehrle took a back seat to Contreras because Joss had much superior stuff than Mark, just like Lucas does in comparison to Dallas. Don’t get me wrong, I like what Keuchel has brought to the table this year, but come October I want the guy who can miss bats if my season is on the line and that’s Giolito.
-
#3 Starter for Playoffs
You got to go with Giolito with as your #1 even if he can be a little inconsistent. The reality is this team is going to need a mix of luck and some hot streaks in order to go the distance and Lucas has the potential to dominate games unlike Dallas. We need the ball in Giolito’s hands as much as possible come October and that means slotting him in the #1 spot.
-
#3 Starter for Playoffs
This is what I’m afraid of too. And while only nine games, Dylan hasn’t really shown much progress this year (which the game log below supports). I’ve pretty much seen all his starts except this last one and he’s mostly been bad despite a nice looking ERA.
- Nick Madrigal
-
Sox vs. Tigers. 9/11 - 7:10
Just stop ?
-
Sox vs. Tigers. 9/11 - 7:10
Just stop
-
Sox vs. Tigers. 9/11 - 7:10
I love when people quit at the slightest bit of adversity, luckily this team isn’t so soft
-
Sox vs. Tigers. 9/11 - 7:10
You take hating a player to a legit creepy level
-
Bummer/ Gonzales/Rodon
Lol...no fucking way bro.
-
Sox vs. Tigers. 9/11 - 7:10
Need to keep Yolmer fresh!
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
I have no idea how anyone could eat indoors at a restaurant right now. It’s absolutely bonkers.
-
You have to start McCann for now
Show me one post where someone called McCann “garbage”...
-
You have to start McCann for now
Just a guess, but he’s been known to come back under new handles and his posting style is very reminiscent of our old friend Tom.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER
Dunning has definitely passed Cease in terms of playoff rotation order.
-
You have to start McCann for now
Mods - Why we letting Tommy Longo back? I thought he’s received multiple lifetime bans?
-
You have to start McCann for now
POTY
-
Will EE ever get going?
Small sample size, but he already has five barrels this month (31.3%) and an average exit velocity of 90.3. He’s still striking out way to much (25.9%), but at least the quality of contact is getting better.
-
You have to start McCann for now
Completely missed yesterday’s game, what happened with Madrigal & Grandal?
-
Should we be worried about the Tigers in the future?
Great post Jack and fully agree!
-
Should we be worried about the Tigers in the future?
People are jumping way too quickly on their bandwagon. Their pitching could be stellar, but it’s all theoretical at the moment and one key injury could quickly change things. And yes they have Tork on the positional side but that only washes out our own Vaughn and they’d still have to make up for Robert, Eloy, Moncada, & Anderson. Honestly, them playing better than expected and fucking up their draft position is great news for us. Hopefully they don’t get any more top 5 picks and are unable to add another blue chip bat to mix, at least the easy way.
-
Playoff Pitching Staff
It’s true, unfortunately he’s been bad at all three core FIP metrics (BB rate, K rate, & HR rate).
-
Playoff Pitching Staff
I just don’t see how we bank on Cease going very long in the postseason. His numbers are terrible outside of a flukey ERA and against good lineups he will likely get lit up if nothing changes. Right now, I’d like to limit my reliance on him, which means going with Dane as our #3 starter and having Gonzalez be his opener.
-
Playoff Pitching Staff
Alright guys, with a 99.9% win probability and only 19 games remaining in the regular season, it’s time to start thinking about our potential post-season roster. While the positional side is pretty cut & dry outside of maybe one spot, the pitching staff has a ton of question marks at the moment and lots of different options to fill up spots. Given the overall uncertainty, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to see how you all would setup our pitching staff for the post-season. For now, I’m going to assume 14 total spots, four starters / tandems, and that key injured guys are coming back (Bummer / Fry). Rotation: Giolito Keuchel* Rodon* + Dunning Gonzalez* + Cease We all know that Giolito & Keuchel are locks for the top two spots in the rotation, but after that things get a bit scary. For me, Dunning has passed Cease and should be our primary #3 starter in the playoffs. However, given potential innings restrictions for Dane, I’d like to see us use Rodon as an opener for him. And when a fourth starter is needed, I’d like to see a Gonzalez & Cease tandem with Gio more or less serving as Dylan’s opener. Now, if Dylan can get hot down the stretch I’d potentially reconsider, but so far his peripherals have been ugly and he will likely require a short leash come the playoffs. Bullpen: CL: Colome SU: Bummer* SU: Marshall MR: Foster MR: Heuer MR: Fry* MR: Detwiler* MR: Cordero Ultimately I’m going with the guys who have been effective this year, which means Cishek, Burdi, & Lopez are out. That being said, I would keep using Zack down the stretch and see if he can find a way to harness his command. His general stuff and ability to generate whiffs could be a weapon in the postseason, but right now he’s too much of a liability to warrant real consideration. Also, in shorter series, I’d plan on using both Cease and Gonzalez out of the pen if needed.