Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
^^Awesome post ^^Shitty post
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
?
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
?
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
If it was Keuchel and he was the TOR starter I'd have to get blacked out a day earlier and for all the wrong reasons.
-
We're Back!
What the fuck just happened? I tried to log on after a meeting and thought Wheeler may have broken Soxtalk!
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
We’ll find out soon enough! If it doesn’t happen today, I think we’re looking at next week at the earliest. I really don’t see a big move happening on Blackout Wednesday.
-
Yolmer non-tendered
Exactly, which is why this isn’t about sneaking him through and 100% about freeing a roster spot.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
I’m only partially serious, but IMO there is a ton of smoke and I think this Yolmer outright makes highly likely something happens today with Wheeler being the most probable.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Yes, I think we all pretty much agree.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
His average fastball velocity was only 92.1 last year, so he would ranked around 40th for qualified pitchers or 70th with a 100 inning requirement.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
One crazy thing about adding Wheeler is how many high velocity pitchers our rotation would have. Here’s where our guys ranked last year in terms of fastball velocity: #04 - Wheeler - 96.7 #09 - Lopez - 95.5 #15 - Giolito - 94.3 ** - Cease - 96.6 (would rank 5th) ** - Kopech - 95.9 (would rank 7th) Realistically we could have three guys in the top 5 assuming Kopech’s velocity returns to normal plus one more in the top 10 and another in the top 15. Stuff wise, no other organization would come close to having this many starters at this level.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
?
-
Yolmer non-tendered
He is 100% a Cubs fan.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Exactly, at the very least there’s reason for optimism here.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
100% agree.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Shut-up Cooper, you of all people should be excited about this.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Exactly, why would Merkin being up Zach Wheeler by name in an article that’s about Yolmer allegedly being outrighted. I mean, freeing up a roster spot could be about any potential addition, so it’s very strange to call out Wheeler even if there is some smoke. Plus he then goes to hype up what his addition would mean for the Sox. Gun to head, I think a deal is in place and they’re just waiting on a physical to formally announce.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
That’s a good question and one I can’t answer.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Merkin specifically calls out Zach Wheeler in his Yolmer Sanchez article: I don’t care what anyone says, something is fucking up...
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Oh shit?, now it makes sense
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
What does that mean?
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Bingo...I’ll get worried when the Twins outright their version of Yolmer.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
I’m an optimist at heart!
-
Yolmer non-tendered
Moustakas doesn’t work well with the addition of Grandal. I’d rather go with someone Gwinnett who can play some OF at least and will be way cheaper.
-
Zack Wheeler Thread
Obviously a huge reach here, but random reddit user hinting we will sign Wheeler in the next 24 hours. Unfortunately this user doesn’t have a cool handle like KatyPerrysBootyHole, so likely not legitimate.