Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
Sure, but we have to add one legit bat to the lineup this offseason, preferably left-handed. To me, that’s just as important as adding more relievers.
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
Yolmer better prepared to take a massive pay cut then.
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
Zero chance IMO. Outside of pitching, I think RF is our #1 priority this offseason.
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
Which is exactly what Leury can be if we acquire a legit RF.
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
Lol...well I apologize then, you’re not all over the place, this is simply a terrible take. If you’d rather not have Leury on your bench because of “dumb plays” and would prefer to just give him away for nothing then you are simply a ?⚾️.
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
Then why the fuck would we trade him? You’re all over the place man...
-
Machado do-over
Maybe, but he’s now a consistent 6 win player and even with a 0.5 win loss each year going forward he’d still be a 3.5 win player over the next five seasons. Obviously aging curves aren’t that simple, but just trying to highlight how he can actually quite a bit and still be a damn good player.
-
Machado do-over
Two years older but arguably a better player than both of them. Just saying he might fit’s bmags criteria.
-
Machado do-over
Anthony Rendon?
-
Machado do-over
This is the type of shit posting that adds absolute zero value to the board and simply makes you come off as a whiny little b****.
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
He has one year of control left and therefore makes no sense for a rebuilding team.
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
Leury is ideally your 10th man who can play all over the field and serve as a great depth piece in the event of injury. He should begin the 2020 season as the starter in CF or 2B until Robert & Madrigal are called up, but then should move to the bench full time playing roughly three times a week and filling in as late defensive replace for Eloy. I do love that his flexibility allows you to go a little more specialized with your other bench pieces, prioritizing guys with strong platoon splits that otherwise might be hard to roster with a small bench.
-
And That's a Bill Walton/McCann Slam Deja Vu White Sox Winner !
Let’s be honest, Walton purposely plays up this persona because it’s good for his brand. Half of his shtick is straight-up an act, which is why I’m surprised so many enjoyed the broadcast last night. But hey, to each their own and at least it got the Sox some much needed publicity.
-
8/17 Games
We really need to call them both up and just run with a C/DH triumphant of McCann, Collins, & Mercedes.
-
Machado do-over
Didn’t he also have some heath scare with one of his kids? That may have also distracted him during that historically bad season.
-
Updated mlb.com Sox top 30
Thanks, I didn’t realize that either ?
-
Updated mlb.com Sox top 30
Thanks, didn’t realize he cracked the 50 IP mark.
-
Updated mlb.com Sox top 30
What changed for Sosa to crack it?
-
Uh...Eloy?
House market was definitely crazy and we had to jump fast. So far I’ve enjoyed my time, but missing out on Sox games in the summer is real tough. Hopefully winters away from Chicago will help make up for that.
-
8/17 Games
Jordan Stephens on the mound.
-
Uh...Eloy?
Lol...my perceived high ground? I’ve made plenty of dumb claims on this site, but I do try avoid speaking with absolute certainty and I definitely try learning from my mistakes. Don’t catch feelings because I’m saying history may be repeating itself here. And yes, I did in fact move to Nashville, but never planned on leaving this board (maybe my initial post on the subject misstated my intentions). Being away from Chicago makes this board an even bigger necessity in my life.
-
The Bill Walton Game: Sox vs what's your name again
And I already said sure, but last night was not a real baseball broadcast and you using it as proof somehow of how bad Bennetti / Stone are is ridiculous.
-
The Bill Walton Game: Sox vs what's your name again
You are comparing a publicity stunt with an actual baseball broadcast, how can you not tell the difference?
-
The Bill Walton Game: Sox vs what's your name again
Lol...Stone could fill an entire broadcast with self-absorbed nonsense too if he wanted to, but that would be completely unenjoyable and you’d obviously be complaining.
-
Uh...Eloy?
Because right now we have no other OFs (one once Robert is ready) and his value would be greater being a slightly below average LF than being a DH. What I don’t get is your desire to forgo that possibility and immediately settle with him at DH. What does that accomplish? This “he will get injured” narrative is ridiculous. He’s been an OF his entire professional baseball career and I don’t recall any of his minor league injuries being related to doing dumb shit in the OF. People are overreacting to a couple stupid / dangerous plays.