Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Yeah, I don’t think I will internet troll.
  2. Jesus fucking Christ...you are a fucking joke man.
  3. Literally just posted this a second before reading your post.
  4. I think it’s pretty clear Greg cloned himself and vilehoopstar was the outcome.
  5. Thank god you are not our GM.
  6. The guy who selected Fulmer is no longer running our drafts and hard to blame them for Burger’s fluky injury.
  7. Robert already has $25M in his pocket, my guess is he’s not eager to agree to an extension anytime soon.
  8. Hell no to Heyward. One average year doesn’t warrant committing $86M to him over the next four seasons.
  9. But an AZL team is vastly different than any other affiliate as they are strictly developmental vs. also serving an entertainment function. I think the cost would be insignificant and I think it’s pretty ridiculous we haven’t looked into adding another club given the amount of LatAm & HS guys we have in place now.
  10. We’re talking about adding another AZL team, not a full season affiliate. The cost wouldn’t even remotely comparable.
  11. Oh, I’m skeptical too. Just saying getting a guy like May warrants blowing up the bullpen because it allows us to allocate more financial resources to the bullpen.
  12. I agree, but let’s say you can get May for Colome & Bummer. Add one quality free agent starter (say Wheeler as an example) and suddenly you have a rotation of Giolito, Wheeler, Cease, Kopech, & May. That is a cheap (like $20M next year), incredibly talented rotation that sets you up for years to come. Plus you have Rodon coming back to fill in for one of the young guys in the second half and Dane Dunning to eventually factor in the mix as needed. At that point, you can easily move Lopez to the bullpen and try him in a setup role. Fry is still around and I still believe he can be a damn good LH reliever. Herrera has been complete garbage this year, but I still believe he’s not 100% yet and I’m ok gambling on him being an effective middle reliever next year. We’d have to add two high end relievers via free agency and probably at least one lesser guy to fill a role until one of our younger guys is ready, but I think it’s definitely doable.
  13. God you’re become fucking Greg with these hot takes. You’re honestly telling me that trading some combo of Dunning, Walker, Sheets, Basabe, Rutherford, Adolfo, & Stiever would get us “nothing useful”?
  14. Fry’s value is suppressed, just don’t see them moving him right now.
  15. Farm system rankings should have no bearing whatsoever on our decision making. We should make trades that improve our chances to win both next year and into the future.
  16. What exactly happened? Gameday just says throwing error on a fielder’s choice.
  17. Hopefully trading him for May.
  18. For those watching, how bad has Herrera really looked today? I know he’s given up a couple singles and in a GT that makes him the worst reliever in White Sox history, but he’s throwing strikes, the velocity is decent (not great), he got a couple swinging strikes, and a K. Was he really that terrible out there? How hard hit were the balls in play?
  19. We really need Timmy back.
  20. I’m not trying to be a dick but: Bad + Bad <> Good
  21. It’s trash for this year, but next year is another story. You’d definitely have to go out and sign some relievers in the offseason.
  22. The only way you trade Bummer is if you get a high end, major league ready piece back (SP or RF). If the Dodgers are willing to give up Dustin May for Colome & Bummer, you say “thank you” and simply allocate more of our money to the bullpen in the offseason.
  23. What a shocker, Real comes out of hiding to hate on something.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.