Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Someone cue the @OneDog847 signal, because we got another first round bust on our hands! Clearly we should have taken the high schooler Abrams because he’s been HoT fIrE so far!
  2. Based on age and stats alone, he’s the most exciting of the AZL guys IMO.
  3. Lol...it’s 24 fucking plate appearances. Do you do anything but hate on all things White Sox?
  4. Remember, Real brings nothing but those truth bombs so clearly the Sox bungled his defensive development in the short time he was with us!!
  5. There would be no decision to make. He’d take the QO in a heartbeat. Better, more desirable players have struggled with the QO, let alone a 32 year old, non-elite 1B / DH type.
  6. He’s who I wanted at that pick as well.
  7. It only helps if you put the ball in the air enough and Rutherford has historically not done that a ton. I guess we’ll see, but I don’t think the juiced ball solves all his issues.
  8. I have been a Mercedes doubter for a while, but his addition would allow for Collins to DH more frequently without fear of having no backup catcher on the bench. Plus Mercedes could fill quite a bit a DH when Collins is catching or on the bench. Doubt it’s happening though.
  9. Why him more than anyone else?
  10. Given the lack of left-handing hitting, we just may need him to DH and backup Vaughn at 1B.
  11. That’s fan-fucking-tastic. His development over the past month or so has been astonishing and he’s a legit top 10 guy in the system for me right now.
  12. Agreed and exactly how I ranked them as well.
  13. Rutherford has been on a BABIP regression fueled tear. His BB rate, K rate, & ISO are nearly identical before and during the hot stretch. I need to see something other than a bunch of singles grouped together to think he’s actually taken a step forward.
  14. To me, Basabe has demonstrated the most at AA. Yes, it was in 2018 but at least he can blame his lack of power this year on his hand injury. Adolfo at least has an elite carrying tool and showed improved patience at the plate (SSS admittedly). Blake just hasn’t done much for me this year. His K & BB rates remain poor even during this recent hot stretch. I’m not suggesting he’s a lost cause, but I’d take Basabe & Micker over him and day of the week. And I’ve always had Gonzalez below Basabe & Adolfo and nothing he’s done this year changes that for me.
  15. Robert Walker Basabe Adolfo Rutherford Gonzalez Bush Mieses Weaver Beard
  16. Thanks for sharing! Who was the more highly regarded of the two?
  17. But that’s the thing, it’s not the advanced metrics that are the problem but rather the application by some who take them as gospel. I use advanced metrics all the time, but accept the fact that most of them have their own flaws or limitations. That being said, I think it’s far more egregious to write off advanced metrics all together than to rely on them exclusively. Both will lead to narrow minded decision making, but the former completely ignores the objective, unbiased way of looking at things that make advanced metrics such a powerful tool.
  18. Madrigal was coming off an injury though, I think they will be more aggressive with Vaughn.
  19. Anyone see Far From Home? Have a question on the villian’s intentions.
  20. Thanks for putting this together @bmags. Really interesting group of bats down in the AZL. I really think the system is at interesting inflection point when it comes to talent acquisition vs development. IMO, we are actually seeing some legit young talent coming from the draft & LatAm (with issues that will need addressing) and this is the group that will really test Getz’s player development staff. If we don’t see a good chunk of the Kanny, Great Falls, & AZL guys make it to High A and/or AA eventually (and hopefully a couple beyond that) it will be clear our player development function is still a major problem. If we do, it may be proof that Getz has finally modernized our development function and provide hope for the future.
  21. Still not enough pitching to make a run at things even if those guys played up to their potential.
  22. I’m so sick of this “TWTW” / anti “statnik” charade you put on. Me being objective about Jose’s value has nothing to do with me liking him or not. I said I’d bring him back on a two year deal in this very thread. I rock an authentic Jose Abreu jersey to all the games I go to. I think his value to clubhouse is tremendous. I’m a huge Jose fan at the end of the day. All that being said, comparing his offensive numbers to Machado to try to justify paying him more is without question poor logic. Positions matter and a good 1B should hit better than a 3B all else being equal. Ballparks matter and the Grate is a much more friendly stadium than Petco. And when it comes to handing out contracts, age matters because you are paying for future production. When combined, all these factors make Manny Machado a terrible comp for what Jose Abreu should get if extended. If you want to make a case for paying Jose more, you guys should be citing someone like Carlos Santana who got 3/$60M coming off a 115 wRC+ season as a 31 year old. However, that would require critical thinking and you & Vile would rather just be emotional and compare him to the young, “dick” 3B.
  23. Quit the act Greg...
  24. What kind of shit post is this? Bmags put together an awesome assessment of some of our AZL prospects and this is all you got? Hopefully this just sarcasm and I’m simply missing the boat.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.