Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
Yes, yes I have. ???
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
Can confirm. I am often commuting home amidst that game day traffic and it is indeed a massive pain in the ass.
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
I’ve lived here for 12, and South Loop for 3 years before that. Commuting by car sucks to either GRF or Soldier Field. I just struggle to see how 81 games at SF improves fan experience or access by foot, transit, or car. A lake front stadium has its appeals in theory, but in practice just seems like it would be maddening in a number of areas.
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
Oh I know, I live in Bridgeport.
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
That stretch of I55 is always a mess when I have to drive that way. I walk to the Target right there and it’s incredibly pedestrian unfriendly already. It also won’t be any better of a draw for casual fans/tourists than Armour Square. If they are moving within the city, that really needs to be something given real consideration.
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
I’ve never been to a game at Soldier Field so I don’t rightly know about fan shuttles/trolleys. If they don’t it’s an easy answer. It’s a trek from the L on foot and the busses aren’t much better. As for car access, the museum campus is physically more limited than 35th & Shields, there is no side street access, and LSD backs up far more in my experience on days with events at Solider Field than at GRF. Maybe it’s not all that different for the average commuter, IDK.
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
A game day shuttle between the new Damen Green Line stop and the Blue Line might make some sense on the Westside, but the footprint of available space is incredibly limited near the UC.
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
I get wanting to tap into the tourist traffic frequenting the museum campus, but even with added service on the Metra, Soldier Field is still far too far-centric to be a realistically functional location for 81 baseball games over a summer.
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
The best available space is where the original Comiskey once sat. Where else in the city are you going to have direct access to three transit lines and an expressway, without needing to drastically alter how fans reach the game?
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
81 games at Soldier Field... and they think attendance is low now...
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
I’m right there with you. I’m not thrilled about Getz, but Moore might be the end for me.
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
??????
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
While we're at it, might as well require a tie and a dinner jacket to enter the stadium. No more baseball caps either. Fedoras at minimum. All these fancy gimmicks and merchandising ruined a fine American sport!
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
Bring back muttonchops too damnit!
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
More pipe organ damnit!
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
All baseballers should have 70s staches, mullets, pants as tight as Robbie Ray, rock a half buttoned jersey like Rodon, and wear more bling than Mister T. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but thems the rules.
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
- Fire Pedro Grifol
Just playing around, on my desktop the link is twitter.com and it embeds fine. On mobile the copied link is x.com. I have to change it to twitter.com and delete everything after the ?, including the?, then cut and repaste.- 8/24 Sox vs. Athletics
The Sox play in the worst division in baseball. If they played Tex, Hou, Sea, & Shohei a dozen times a season theyd be a 90 loss team already.- 8/24 Sox vs. Athletics
Both. Bottom 5 in most categories. -300 run differential too.- 8/24 Sox vs. Athletics
There were plenty of ‘sell the team Jerry’ chants last inning.- 8/24 Sox vs. Athletics
“SELL THE TEAM FISHER!”- Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
35th & Shields?- After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
The wording of the article still makes it feel like speculation on Morosi's part.- Fire Tony
Can you fire someone that technically doesn’t work for you? - Fire Pedro Grifol