Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team

bmags

If you offered me the Sox being contracted but Jerry losing all his money and his worthless kids needing real jobs, or the Sox sticking around but Jerry lives another 15 years….I’d have a really hard decision.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, bmags said:

If you offered me the Sox being contracted but Jerry losing all his money and his worthless kids needing real jobs, or the Sox sticking around but Jerry lives another 15 years….I’d have a really hard decision.

Oof - same.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But seriously, f*** Jerry Reinsdorf.  What a fucking asshole and I can’t wait until the day this franchise is finally free of his terror.

He inherited Jordan, gifted Derrick Rose and was at the helm of one very lucky season in 2005. He is an unbelievably poor owner and the city will be a better place with him out of the picture 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

He inherited Jordan, gifted Derrick Rose and was at the helm of one very lucky season in 2005. He is an unbelievably poor owner and the city will be a better place with him out of the picture 

And I don’t care how loyal he is to players, he treats the fans like scum.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I was talking with my good friend recently who is a diehard Cubs and we were trying to come up with an owner worse than Jerry.  Ultimately we settled on Donald Sterling and maybe the Pirates owner.  It’s definitely short company and Jordan is definitely camouflage that hides how bad he’s been.

• Like 2

I have no doubt in my mind this is just the beginning of a PR campaign to get a new stadium, but:

Jerry Reinsdorf will go down in history as an all-time, inner-circle HOF piece of s%*#, and it's one of the few things that almost literally every sports fan on Earth can agree on.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

This time no JR threats should give him what he wants. If he wants to move the team out of GRF, he should have to move the team out of the city.

He should do the honorable thing and sell. But we can't count on that. He likes to blame the fans. He can't blame the fans for the 2023 season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't give him another penny. Not a penny. Cable, parking, tickets, concessions, merchandise.

I have little faith the various worthless city, county and state leaders will do the responsible thing and tell him FY if he asks for yet more money.

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20230821/report-reinsdorf-considering-moving-or-selling-the-white-sox

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/report-white-sox-are-weighing-stadium-options-with-team-saying-discussions-havent-begun/3212014/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Consider the source. Hinz is a cub fan. Enough said.

I always hate Hinz' takes on business and politics whenever I hear him on the radio so no surprise.

Oh, and Jerry.....interesting timing & piss off!!!

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I was talking with my good friend recently who is a diehard Cubs and we were trying to come up with an owner worse than Jerry.  Ultimately we settled on Donald Sterling and maybe the Pirates owner.  It’s definitely short company and Jordan is definitely camouflage that hides how bad he’s been.

They even gave Ke'Bryan Hayes and Bryan Reynolds ($106.75) extensions recently...which blows away the Grandal/Benintendi contracts.

One of the most beautiful stadiums in baseball.

ONeil Cruz can still be a star.

They also have all the attendant excitement about Skenes as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Don't give him another penny. Not a penny. Cable, parking, tickets, concessions, merchandise.

I have little faith the various worthless city, county and state leaders will do the responsible thing and tell him FY if he asks for yet more money.

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20230821/report-reinsdorf-considering-moving-or-selling-the-white-sox

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/report-white-sox-are-weighing-stadium-options-with-team-saying-discussions-havent-begun/3212014/

I do think the city and state will offer a few carrots because it doesn't look good to move a team, but it will be dramatically less than what they gave him with the last deal. If he doesn't accept that he will be paying a whole lot more to the city and state...well...