Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM
Everything is stupid and I hate it.
-
It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM
- It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM
- Fire Chris Getz
Getz very well could be handed the keys with a simple mandate to be cost conscious and minimise the embarrassments. As long as the money rolls in JR doesn’t care about the baseball itself, so long as the fan base is relatively pacified and the org leaks are kept to a minimum.- Fire Chris Getz
This assumes of course that JR has any interest in fixing organisational infrastructure.- After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
He has such tunnel vision for the Cubs that it’s like he has to be reminded that baseball exists outside of Wrigleville. I’m sure it’s great for the north side echo chamber, but it’s lazy, and he is often nonsensical when he tries to speak on anything outside of that bubble, especially on anything in regards to the other team in Chicago.- After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
I’m thinking press release today and Getz speaks to the media in the dugout tomorrow. I’ll be very surprised if there is a press conference or if JR shows his face or even says a single word publicly.- After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
I’m fully in acceptance. But resignation is more accurate. Apathy will soon be the prevailing emotion though.- After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
The White Sox will always be my team. The team I fell in love with in the early 1990s. The team I followed through thick and thin, the highest highs and lowest lows. But life is short, and if the franchise just doesn’t give a s%*# about trying anymore, I don’t give a s%*# about them anymore, or whatever they do. It’s a two way street. If the rumoured Getz move does come to fruition, I’m not spending any emotional energy or money on them until JR no longer has his miserly hands on my favourite team. MLB.tv is a wonderful outlet and I will watch good out of town baseball and free myself from the dumpster fire local team. 30+ years of fandom is hard to quit, but they might as well be dead to me until JR is dead and gone.- Update: 3 (2) fans injured by bullet in Guaranteed Rate field (split from game thread, police investigation underway)
a few honourable mentions: MVP candidate breaks wrist punching own bat. Trading for, and trading away assets to dump Nick Swisher. Adam Dunn’s .153 batting average. Robin Ventura’s entire tenure.- Sox place Clevinger on waivers
Damn. Wishful thinking on my part then.- Fire Pedro Grifol
Oh, I remember. But that should stop them.- 8/29 White Sox at Orioles. 6:05, NBCSN/WMVP1000
It’s much better watching good baseball and scrolling the game thread for laughs.- Fire Pedro Grifol
Can we leave him in KC next week?- Sox place Clevinger on waivers
I sure don’t. f*** him.- After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
So the Sox bad system isn’t entirely Getz’ fault? Thats fair. Is this stated to hint that it won’t be his entirely fault when he sucks as GM because of the constraints placed on him from above?- Sox place Clevinger on waivers
I think if they go unclaimed, they would be released and owed what we money is left on their deal. I don’t think it’s like the old waiver claim & trade that we saw in years past where they could pull guys back.- After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
I swear JR will spend his dying days destroying whatever is left of this fanbase.- After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
Yup. I am already mostly mentally and emotionally detached, but this would likely be the last straw. I will only go to games to watch the opposition play baseball, the home team will be dead to me.- Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
Because we’ve been attached to *this* team for years on end, and it’s not as simple as adopting a new expansion team. Why can’t you get it through your thick skull for f***’s sake. We want this chicago team to be good, not to watch it go elsewhere and adopt a cheap facsimile.- KW/Hahn - They Gone
Not acquiring elite talent in their prime is part of the problem. One of many. Jerry is the reason why this franchise sucks, and his refusal to pay up for prime FA is just one manifestation of his ass-backwardness.- GT 8/27: OAK @ SOX, 1:10, now I'm stuck doing another one
Hopefully he does.- KW/Hahn - They Gone
Baseball Tonight?- Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
The White Sox could have had a ballpark village for the entire time Comiskey II has been in existence. The only thing stopping JR is JR.- Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
Pretty much ? - It’s official - Getz named SVP & GM