Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
Garrett Crochet named Opening Day starter
Heaven forbid you allow for legitimate critique of an org that has a lengthy history of making dumb, backwards, and shortsighted moves. Anything that isn't 100% effusive gets that special all or nothing sycophantic hyperbole from you. It's tired. Yeah, Crochet has looked fantastic this spring, in all of 9 innings. But let's just shove the only name fans will recognize into an opening day start when he hasn't started a game in the bigs... ever? I mean, nothing to question or critique there. Nothing could possibly go wrong. 1000% sound wisdom from JR's Yes-Man brain trust. For f***'s Sake.
-
Garrett Crochet named Opening Day starter
Counting the days!
-
Garrett Crochet named Opening Day starter
Death by... SNU SNU!!
- ST Thread
-
Garrett Crochet named Opening Day starter
On the long list of dumb decisions by this org, this is one of them.
-
3/18 Guardians @ Sox - Thorpe toes the rubber
Accurate
-
ST Thread
Ugh. He's SO making the team...
-
ST Thread
- ST Thread
I'm too lazy to look up who might be optionable as to rotate fresh arms during the start of the season. But you're probably right about some of the 40 man fodder. If their release date is after opening day, that might help ease some of the innings load.- 3/18 Guardians @ Sox - Thorpe toes the rubber
I mean, it is Cleveland. Better than the last one, but still bottom tier compared to other sports logos.- 3/18 Guardians @ Sox - Thorpe toes the rubber
It's not even listed on the MLB.tv schedule today, so it doesn't even look like there's a Cleveland radio call.- ST Thread
I'd keep him over the two washed up vets, but I doubt he makes the OD roster. Pedro is going to want to keep his security blanket(s) around.- ST Thread
Someone is going to have to eat some innings during the second week of the season to give starters their proper rest, be an actual 5th starter or pen game. There's no way around it. Counting on the weather to buy an off day is probably a bad idea, even for an org as dumb as this one.- ST Thread
I still think it's insane for there to be talk of him reaching Chicago this year when he's barely had a cup of coffee in AA. If he's the prize in the Cease trade, FFS don't rush him to the bigs chasing a few extra wins in a lost season.- ST Thread
Right. Lets hope its Lorenzen so we never have to mention the other shithead ever again...- ST Thread
Do they even have a 5th starter? The bullpen is going to be pitching a ton of innings early either way. If the actual starters average 5 IP I'd call that a small miracle.- Sox trade Cristian Mena to Arizona for OF Dominic Fletcher
Prepare for Gavin Sheets as the everyday RF ??♀️. I hope Fletcher proves otherwise, but that trade is looking really bad right now.- ST Thread
Oh gawd I had forgotten about him. This team is going to be absolutely unwatchable.- Cease To Padres per Passan
If they were smart about his development they would, but every indication seems that they are chasing a quick fix 'retool' and will try to maximize his innings in the bigs.- 3/16 - Giants @ Sox, and Sox @ Mariners
It just sounds phony to me, and quickly got on my nerves last game. Add in Stone’s ever increasing org boot licking and we have the makings of a pretty terrible booth.- Cease To Padres per Passan
Kopech has 4.041 years of service time and Crochet is at 3.028. 172 days equals a year a service time I believe, so you’d be looking at probably around 6 weeks. But I don’t believe either one is heading to AAA outside of an injury rehab stint.- 3/16 - Giants @ Sox, and Sox @ Mariners
I pray to all that is good and holy it doesn’t return. I’m just bracing myself for if and when it does. Sure won’t help me warm up to Schriffen’s overzealous hype-man stylings or Steve Stone’s ever increasingly condescending tone ??♀️.- 3/16 - Giants @ Sox, and Sox @ Mariners
You haven't heard the Nationwide jingle... so far...- Cease To Padres per Passan
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!?- 3/16 - Giants @ Sox, and Sox @ Mariners
Give it time. - ST Thread