Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
2024 MiLB Catch All
He only pitched 15 innings in AA at the end of 2023. Starting in Charlotte would be ultra aggressive IMO.
-
3/15 vs Cubs
Oh it muted way before when Schriffen and Brooks Boyer were trying to hype up all of the supposed fan excitement...
-
3/15 vs Cubs
They switched that up so Fletcher is in RF.
-
3/15 vs Cubs
I wish the broadcasts were flipped. I'd rather watch the kids but Marque suuuucks.
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
He'll be 28 in April and his cheap team control is running out. If he sucks again all season I don't see why they would keep him at whatever his arb number will be. Cut ties and move on.
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
I don't disagree, but if he can put up good numbers out of the pen perhaps he'l be flippable for something. Has to be better than a non-tender in the offseason.
-
3/14 Angels @ Sox
He was trying to turn two and it bounced off his glove. It wasn't the most routine play, but I'd agree that he's nothing special defensively.
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
Oh for sure. Having him concentrate on one inning per outing might help him mentally. I don't know what it will take for him to figure it out, but starting just wasn't working.
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
He's had zero FB command this spring, so I'd hold off on the hopes on dominating for the moment. I do think that if he can find that control, working out of the pen is the fastest way to up his value. But that's a big IF right now.
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
Hahah good luck with that.
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
I don't have a lot of faith in Kopech to fix his issues, but he certainly wasn't doing it as a starter. He's had chance after chance and still has regressed. At this point, if he's going to salvage his career, he has to figure out how to be effective on the mound. Maybe this is the kick in the ass he needs?
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
Service time, and not needing to depend on him in the rotation. Probably a less toxic atmosphere to get practice reps in AAA than on a team losing every night.
- Kopech to the Bullpen
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
They should have learned their lesson trying to stretch Kopech out in the bigs, but I have my doubts they will do the smart thing with Crochet.
-
Kopech to the Bullpen
I do. Have you watched him pitch this spring?
-
Is it too early to wish to start the Getz watch?
I honestly couldn't tell if this was about Getz or Katz. And if Gatz is some amalgam of both, they both can go. Not that either of them are at any risk of losing their jobs any time soon.
-
ST Thread
Sounds like two of the prospects they just got are going to be fast tracked, which is just dumb. Or Crochet will be starting in the bigs on the Kopech plan that worked SO great for him.
-
ST Thread
Not sure if it deserves its own thread:
-
Is it too early to wish to start the Getz watch?
What?
-
Is it too early to wish to start the Getz watch?
Who?
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Thanks. I hate it here.
-
White Sox showing interest in Michael Lorenzen reports Ken Rosenthal
Did the White Sox get relegated last night and nobody told us? /green
-
Grade the Cease trade
Shaw can be cut today and wouldn’t be missed. Same for Chavez.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Oh no, nor do I. The lazy in-house hire who was a part of the last failed regime deserves zero benefit of the doubt. Getz failing upwards into a job he's woefully unqualified for should absolutely provoke the heaviest of skepticism.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
The GM acquired top end prospect talent then sat on his hands and hoped for the best. Never built even a second wave of talent or even average major league depth. Didn’t sign top FA talent, didn’t properly supplement. Nothing sustainable. The system was a barren wasteland after the top graduated. We are sifting through the aftermath today.