Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lip Man 1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lip Man 1

  1. The bolded part stood out to me. Nice backhanded comment on the state of the White Sox.
  2. Sox Machine had the game recap and they wrote that Iloy isn't moving/running well at all on the bases.
  3. Truth be told they probably aren't either! "Baseball is a funny game..." - Joe Garagiola
  4. Sox by the way have scored a total of 12 runs in their last seven games. ?
  5. Sale must have thought he was back with the Sox again. Pitches brilliantly but loses because of no run support.
  6. It's impossible to know for sure just how much this may have impacted things but there were published comments from players like TA who thought what TLR had done was wrong and it probably hurt the clubhouse vibe at least somewhat. I don't think that situation was a back-breaker but I do think it contributed to the downward situation over the next 18 months. Like I wrote there is plenty of blame to go around because this organization from top to bottom is incompetent.
  7. We'll just have to disagree here, I thought he nailed all the points this franchise has been brutal at this season.
  8. I can't see it because he is so involved and because based on his (rare) comments about it he has never talked about retiring and let someone else run the show until he passes. My sense is when it is his time he wants it to be in his office or ballpark suite, staying involved until literally the final minute. Then his family can "Keep the Bulls and sell the Sox..."
  9. I'm guessing part of it is the hopeless situation they are in. Mentally that has to be making an impact on some of these guys.
  10. Exactly correct. Why some fans fail to understand this basic issue with the franchise is beyond me.
  11. LaRussa speaks 2.0... https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/06/26/white-sox-have-fallen-a-long-way-since-tony-la-russas-most-exciting-sox-moment-just-three-years-ago
  12. I was just thinking that. Potentially saved the game with it.
  13. All I've ever heard or read when he has spoken along these lines is that as long as he has his health he wants to own the team and stay involved. As he said last August at the presser (paraphrasing) 'what else am I going to do?'
  14. It was played a few times not on a regular basis in 1976, I asked Nancy about this point.
  15. https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/06/26/sorry-andrew-benintendi-but-white-sox-season-is-actually-uglier-than-it-seems-jerry-reinsdorf-1962-mets Benintendi’s quote is a reflection of a franchise that doesn’t get it. Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, head ever in the sand, doesn’t get it. He’s responsible for this. He’s the one who hired general manager Chris Getz, who doesn’t get it. He’s the one who hired manager Pedro Grifol, who doesn’t get it. Promises were made before the season about things getting better. And now? It’s actually a lot uglier than it looks.
  16. It actually started in 1976.
  17. I was not at that Royals DH in 1977. I was at the four game sweep of the Twins (Sunday DH) that took place in early June of the season.
  18. Neither. He passes away and as per his instructions his family sells the club.
  19. I was at that game the DH vs. Minnesota. To his dying day Bill Veeck thought the announced attendance for the twin bill was to low. He thought there were more fans there than was announced.
  20. From DVS of the Sun-Times: Through 38 home games, the Sox are averaging 16,892 in attendance, 26th among 30 teams. They averaged 21,405 last year, ranking 24th. Looks like JR may not have to pay rent again to the state?
  21. The 1962 Mets were an expansion team and a lovable lot embraced by New Yorkers, and they were managed by legendary Casey Stengel. The Sox have their supporters, but even their own fans are fed up and disenchanted. They are managed by Pedro Grifol, whom many fans hadn’t heard of when he was hired before last season. https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/06/25/white-sox-reach-halfway-mark-of-season-with-records-for-futility-in-reach
  22. Not really. They led 3-1 after a single, solitary inning. The usual pattern as shown already 15 times, is to take a lead into the 7th inning or later and urinate it away.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.