Everything posted by Lip Man 1
-
ST Thread
Normally I'd agree but with his back and apparently no surgery (which granted is usually a last resort in backs) having been done, it can go out at any time.
-
ST Thread
I wonder what the over/under is on how many games he plays before he gets hurt again?
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
Because I don't know the in's and out's from a business, tax or construction standpoint in Chicago can you clarify where his points in those areas is wrong? I'd like a better understanding in these areas since I've also read other stories along the same lines including in the Sun-Times and Tribune where JR and the state are going to have a very difficult time justifying the expenses and those reporters are very skeptical he'll be able to do anything without a massive infusion of his own money.
-
All 30 MLB have reached local broadcasting agreements
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-commissioner-rob-manfred-targeting-2025-for-new-streaming-option-that-would-include-in-market-games/
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
https://www.southsidesox.com/2024/2/10/24066564/wont-be-fun-to-watch-chicago-white-sox-this-year-but-the-lies-about-78-ballpark-should-be-amusing
-
ST Thread
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2024/2/10/24063454/spring-brakes-white-sox-enter-spring-training-with-contention-window-closed
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
When I did my very long historical piece on the relationship between the White Sox and the media in 2010 I quoted the figures from the Chicago Police Department that showed a significant more crime reports and issues around "Wrigleyville" than around the Comiskey Park/Bridgeport Area. But the social unrest of the 1960's gave rise to the perception that the area around Comiskey was a "dangerous place." Perception often becomes reality and the Sox have been fighting that, with mixed results, for decades now.
-
Rodriguez to Blue Jays...
Fair point, I'll take more care in the future.
-
Rodriguez to Blue Jays...
How many free agents are out there currently with a last name of Rodriguez? ?
-
Rodriguez to Blue Jays...
TORONTO -- After agreeing to a deal in January, the Blue Jays announced on Friday they'd signed Cuban right-hander Yariel Rodríguez to a five-year, $32 million contract.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
https://www.chicagotribune.com/2024/02/08/white-sox-likely-would-have-to-change-state-law-to-get-taxpayer-funding-for-new-stadium/ Allen Sanderson, a senior lecturer at the University of Chicago who studies the economics of sports, said he’s skeptical any new sports venue, including a new downtown White Sox ballpark, can on its own generate billions in new investment. “Usually when you hear the figure someone gives you on a project’s economic impact, it’s best to take the decimal point and move it one spot to the left, so you end up at about 10% of the original estimate,” he said. “That’s probably what’s going to happen.” And if the White Sox want to fill a huge new ballpark, ownership will have to field a better team. “I hate to say this, but at the moment, all five of our pro teams suck. They’re just unwatchable,” Sanderson said
-
Sox invite 25 to Spring Training including Danny Mendick
One impact player won't move the needle one bit for this team in the next two years at least.
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
Some interesting comments from a top politician: https://chicago.suntimes.com/fran-spielman-show/2024/2/8/24066502/new-white-sox-stadium-the-78-related-midwest-state-funding-plan
-
Sox invite 25 to Spring Training including Danny Mendick
https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/2/8/24066633/white-sox-invite-26-to-spring-training
-
ST Thread
https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/2/7/24065511/white-sox-spring-broadcast-schedule-includes-six-televised-games-ten-on-radio
-
Sox looking at building in South Loop
https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/2/7/24065603/new-white-sox-ballpark-south-loop-renderings-guaranteed-rate-field-soccer-stadium https://soxmachine.com/2024/02/rendering-judgments-on-a-new-white-sox-ballpark-in-chicagos-the-78/
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/dylan-cease-trade-three-reasons-why-white-sox-would-be-foolish-to-keep-ace-past-opening-day/
-
2024 PECOTA / Fangraphs Standings & Consensus Regular Season Win Total Odds
I did not see your long post with so much information it made my head spin. And because I don't gamble frankly I could care less about any odds. Just sayin...
-
2024 PECOTA / Fangraphs Standings & Consensus Regular Season Win Total Odds
Pick the Sox dead last in the division going 65-97.
-
Altuve inks big Astro deal...
-- Jose Altuve, one of the most accomplished and popular players in Astros history and a cornerstone of a pair of World Series championship teams, will likely end his career in Houston. The star second baseman agreed to a five-year contract extension with the Astros on Tuesday, his third extension with Houston. The deal will start in 2025 and will take Altuve through his age-39 season. The deal is worth $125 million, including $30 million each season from 2025-27, a source told MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand. The club did not confirm the terms of the deal.
-
The A's are moving to Vegas thread
Very interesting comments from the Vegas Mayor: https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/las-vegas-mayor-says-athletics-should-not-relocate-despite-plans-figure-out-a-way-to-stay-in-oakland/ "I personally think they've gotta figure out a way to stay in Oakland and make their dream come true."
-
Harrison to Reds...
After years of playing against his hometown team, Cincinnati native and utility player Josh Harrison has an opportunity to join the Reds. Harrison, a two-time All-Star, has agreed to terms on a Minor League contract with the Reds and will be in big league camp as a non-roster player -- it was announced by his agency, MSM. The club has yet to formally announce a deal.
-
Lynn Kopech Eloy Jimenez all on "most improved" candidates list
History says if you are a Sox fan, "Hope for the best but expect the worst..."
-
Bobby Witt Jr signs 11Y/$288M extension with KC
Correct.
-
Lynn Kopech Eloy Jimenez all on "most improved" candidates list
Let me have what he's drinking...I want to get loaded too!