Everything posted by Timmy U
-
8/6 Games
Carela might be an interesting sleeper. Strike thrower with a decent breaking ball. Sox always overestimate hard throwing guys and undervalue strike throwers with only decent stuff (see Dunning, Dane). At the very least getting depth for Middleton before FA is not a bad thing.
-
Sox, Tribe, Peacock at High Noon Sunday, EDT.
Yes, 1 down 25 to go building this roster.
-
Five ex-White Sox starters are starting pitchers today on Sunday, August 6.
It will be interesting to see what Keuchel has left. His game always had an extremely narrow margin of error, so figuring one thing out might have a huge impact or he may still be a gas can. As a human, I hope things go well for him.
-
Sox trade INTL $ to LAD for two RHPs
I hate this team.
-
Fire Rick Hahn
Man, I wonder how many analysts you could pay with all the dead money they have from bad mid-tier FA signings like Keuchel, Grandal, Leury etc. Pennywise, pound foolish.
-
Fire Rick Hahn
Is this a joke or did he really say that?
-
Kim Ng: "I called up my man Kenny Williams and got it done"
We need a weeping because it’s true emoji.
-
8/4 Games
I might have sent Patino to A ball of ACL. Clearly, there’s something wrong. Hard to build something new with confidence in the launching pad.
-
The Manager
Grifol hired the hitting coaches. They are his buddies. Probably shows the limits of hitting coaches' influence on improving swing decisions.
-
The White Sox have had 5 managers in the last 12 years.
Let's go for 8.
-
8/3 Games
Enjoyable-ish game. Barons only affiliate to win. Just like at W-S last year Colson on another level from everyone else in the Sox system. So baseball savvy. One of my favorite small plays for him was when he took third on a ball that barely got away from the catcher and the trail runner did not follow. He just read the bounce. Quero hit three balls hard tonight which was nice. Again, I actually thought Nastrini looked pretty good tonight. Defense and bullpen did not help him.
- 8/3 Games
- 8/3 Games
-
8/3 Games
Quero just missed a grand slam. Sac fly.
-
8/3 Games
Watching the Barons pitchers like Dollander who have been there all year, you get a real understanding why they have the worst ERA in the league.
-
8/3 Games
Nastrini is done. They took him out with 2 outs and the horrific Barons bullpen let all the inherited runs scored. 4.2 ip 7r 5er.
-
8/3 Games
Sebastien Walcott homered against ACL Sox, that's 7 already. He's gonna be a mega prospect.
-
8/3 Games
Wolkow double, 1st professional hit.
- 8/3 Games
-
8/3 Games
Didn't see the first 2 innings, but I've liked what I've seen from Nastrini. Change up better than I imagined. Good slider. I imagine the challenge is fastball command.
-
8/3 Sox @ Rangers, 1PM, NBCSN
Hey, at least some of those teams are trying. Witt Jr. on fire for the Royals. I predict 6-10 against those teams. (Which admittedly, is more than 1.)
-
8/3 Sox @ Rangers, 1PM, NBCSN
A team trying to win might have had Robert hit there, but this team isn't even making an attempt. They could lose 110.
-
8/3 Sox @ Rangers, 1PM, NBCSN
2 singles for Colas. Baby steps?
-
8/3 Sox @ Rangers, 1PM, NBCSN
Nice to see that Trayce Thompson is fitting right in.
-
8/3 Sox @ Rangers, 1PM, NBCSN
I just don't know how you can look at the lifeless "core" of this team and not blow the entire thing up -- manager, players, front office, development staff. They are non-competitive to the core.