No Official plans to announce for SoxFest

Vote4Pedro

The very least these pricks can do is answer some irate questions from fans who are more knowledgeable about the team than they are.

Cancel Soxfest so that they don't have to squirm in their seats....absolutely cowardly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Why did they feel the need to announce that they don’t have an announcement?

Press conference tomorrow will announce that they do not think they will be signing Shohei Ohtani in the off season.

• Haha 4

I want to know if the reason they won’t do this is contractual and can’t get enough players to attend. Or if there is an issue with the price of the event that JR doesn’t want to pay and he doesn’t take in enough money. Or there isn’t enough fan interest. It doesn’t seem like not wanting to face the music is the only or main reason for not commuting to or doing the event.

51 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Why did they feel the need to announce that they don’t have an announcement?

It's very White Sox.

Letting Soxfest die is a really just them kicking their fans while they're down. It was always one of my favorite events of the winter even in s%*# years. I hope people keep pressing them on this. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Press conference tomorrow will announce that they do not think they will be signing Shohei Ohtani in the off season.

"I’m wearing my shades so that you guys don’t see the shock in my eyes," Williams said. "It is disappointing. I’d be lying to you if I said anything other than that.

"But Jerry (Reinsdorf, team chairman) really stepped up and stepped up in a fashion that is unprecedented. We all in that clubhouse talked about it this morning. We felt like we actually were potentially could close a deal today with him. We thought we were the high offer on the table, and we still feel — if the reports are accurate — we still feel that there was more potential for him to make more here then that reported deal."

- Kenny Williams, January 4, 2024, on the White Sox offer of $750 million, or $2,000,000 payable annually over the next 375 years.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1