No Official plans to announce for SoxFest

Vote4Pedro

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I feel so bad for them.

I hate spending money watching a team with no clue. That hasn't stopped them from continuing to do it.

Not trying to justify it, just telling you that it’s been a thing for several teams post-pandemic. At first the players and union leaned on COVID protocol to cancel them, then they realized they really liked not having to do it. Obviously every team and group is a bit different, but it’s been a topic. 

20 MLB Teams Hosting Winter Fan Festivals 

Remaining Ten Teams

• Arizona Diamondbacks: Converted event to a Season Ticket / Corporate Sponsor Event in 2022.
  • Baltimore Orioles: Cancelled before COVID (2019 last one held) - Moving to Nashville
  • Chicago White Sox: Cancelled post COVID - Also Moving to Nashville
  • Detroit Tigers: Winter Caravan cancelled post COVID.
  • Los Angeles Angels: Held "Moving Day" event pre OD through 2019. Cancelled post COVID.
  • Milwaukee Brewers: Brewers on Deck cancelled post COVID.
  • New York Mets: Fan Fest cancelled post COVID.
  • New York Yankees: Never held a Fan Festival.
  • Philadelphia Phillies: In season Fan Festival cancelled during/post COVID.
  • Washington Nationals: Winterfest cancelled post COVID.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

20 MLB Teams Hosting Winter Fan Festivals 

Remaining Ten Teams

• Arizona Diamondbacks: Converted event to a Season Ticket / Corporate Sponsor Event in 2022.
  • Baltimore Orioles: Cancelled before COVID (2019 last one held) - Moving to Nashville
  • Chicago White Sox: Cancelled post COVID - Also Moving to Nashville
  • Detroit Tigers: Winter Caravan cancelled post COVID.
  • Los Angeles Angels: Held "Moving Day" event pre OD through 2019. Cancelled post COVID.
  • Milwaukee Brewers: Brewers on Deck cancelled post COVID.
  • New York Mets: Fan Fest cancelled post COVID.
  • New York Yankees: Never held a Fan Festival.
  • Philadelphia Phillies: In season Fan Festival cancelled during/post COVID.
  • Washington Nationals: Winterfest cancelled post COVID.

The Braves’ fest is just called “Team Fest”? That’s hilarious.

And no surprise that Oakland’s fest sounds like a high school event. “A’s Spirit Week”. They probably spend the same amount as a decent high school does on their own spirit week.

15 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

The XXXXXX’ fest is just called “Team Fest”? That’s hilarious.

I choose not to use racist MLB marketed names, imagery and trademarks, regardless of whether these are permitted on SoxTalk. These organizations can Go Fund Themselves.

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

Especially in a sport whose overall viewership and youth interest seems to be declining. And double especially for a team whose viewership and interest is definitely declining.

Soxfest is 85% middle aged men in Fake XXL Jerseys standing in line for autographs all weekend.  

That's not increasing overall viewership or youth interest.  

Honestly, if you are the type of fan that enjoyed Soxfest, take the money you would have spent and go to spring training.  The vibe at Camelback is everything that is good about fanfests, plus good weather, and no lines. 

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

Soxfest is 85% middle aged men in Fake XXL Jerseys standing in line for autographs all weekend.  

Honestly, if you are the type of fan that enjoyed Soxfest, take the money you would have spent and go to spring training.  The vibe at Camelback is everything that is good about fanfests, plus good weather, and no lines. 

Never been or even looked into pricing. Though I thought I remember a few guys from this site talking about bringing their kids there years ago. I figured that was a major draw of it.

Either way, not having it is still going to hurt the overall fan interest in the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

I always enjoyed Soxfest and I never got 1 autograph. I went to the seminars, and while there was a ton of fluff, it's just was you needed after almost 4 months of no baseball.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, GREEDY said:

Some teams offer free admission to children, which makes it an affordable family event. Several teams host it at the park and it's free for everyone.

I'd also return the season ticket holder events which were really fun back when I held them. I know corporate sponsors also get special events including batting cages (that's great fun as well). Have a big picnic event in the patio section, perhaps limit free beer to 1-2 for responsible drinking. Play catch on the outfield, run the bases, Not sure if they still let kids run the bases on Family Sundays for kids, but they should resume that as well.

Would be forward thinking for the entire league to hold a day during the season across MLB for the 15 home teams (rotate teams every other year) hold the event the Thursday of All Star Game week.

All Star Week:

• Saturday
    • 3 PM EDT / Noon PDT All 15 MLB Games start at the same time.
    • 4 PM EDT Celebrity All Star Game (Cable + MLB.com)
    • 7 PM EDT MLB Futures Game (Fox/MLB.com)
  • Sunday 
    • 3 PM EDT / Noon PDT All 15 MLB Games start at the same time.
    • 7 PM EDT MLB Draft Rounds 1-2 (Fox/MLB.com)
  • Monday
    • 2 PM EDT MLB Draft Rounds 3-10 (MLB/MLB.com)
    • 8 PM EDT Home Run Derby
  • Tuesday
    • 2 PM EDT MLB Draft Rounds 11-20 (MLB/MLB.com)
    • 8:10 EDT MLB All Star Game (Fox/MLB.com)
  • Wednesday - Travel / Off Day
  • Thursday
    • 5 PM - 10 PM Local Time
      • Fan Events held at each of the 15 post ASB Home Stadiums (rotating each season)
      • Home team players and visiting players attend fan / family friendly events
  • Friday - MLB Post ASB Schedule Resumes
Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 hours ago, GREEDY said:

I haven't actually been since I was a kid, but there were plenty of kids there. I know because I made friends going

6 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Never been or even looked into pricing. Though I thought I remember a few guys from this site talking about bringing their kids there years ago. I figured that was a major draw of it.

Either way, not having it is still going to hurt the overall fan interest in the team.

100% hurts fan interest.  SoxFest was the one thing that has given my older son some excitement about the team.  He keeps asking if we can go this year (and last year) and I have to tell him these losers are afraid to be held accountable for their sucking and it likely isn’t happening.  Sucks for them because with that carrot I could have probably created a Sox fan for life.  Unfortunately these cowards don’t seem to care about fan engagement.

• Like 4
  • Fire 2

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

100% hurts fan interest.  SoxFest was the one thing that has given my older son some excitement about the team.  He keeps asking if we can go this year (and last year) and I have to tell him these losers are afraid to be held accountable for their sucking and it likely isn’t happening.  Sucks for them because with that carrot I could have probably created a Sox fan for life.  Unfortunately these cowards don’t seem to care about fan engagement.

It's magnified by the fact there is another team in town that goes all out for theirs. And it's covered by everyone, who then also mentions the Sox, just like during the regular season, have nothing for their fans.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

It's magnified by the fact there is another team in town that goes all out for theirs. And it's covered by everyone, who then also mentions the Sox, just like during the regular season, have nothing for their fans.

If only the White Sox had Dan Moriarty as VP of Marketing.

Fan Fest - Check (and it’s free)

https://www.nba.com/bulls/bullsfest

Season Ticket Holder Events - Check

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-rebuild-season-ticket-jim-boylen-michael-reinsdorf-20190509-story.html

But yeah,

Boyer’s Great, Rick Hahn’s Good,

Let’s blame Jerry like we should.

Amen

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If only the White Sox had Dan Moriarty as VP of Marketing.

Fan Fest - Check (and it’s free)

https://www.nba.com/bulls/bullsfest

Season Ticket Holder Events - Check

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-rebuild-season-ticket-jim-boylen-michael-reinsdorf-20190509-story.html

But yeah,

Boyer’s Great, Rick Hahn’s Good,

Let’s blame Jerry like we should.

Amen

The Bulls and Sox have common ownership. The fact that one team is doing this and the other is doing absolutely nothing is evidence that the Sox are intentionally destroying their fan base to justify a move.

If the Sox are drawing 1.2 million, MLB will never stop the move to Nashville. JR will go from being loathed by his team's fans to being a local hero in Nashville, the team will have a honeymoon period of multiple years with the fans and media, and JR will end up with a statue on the concourse there as the man who brought MLB to Nashville. No more competing with the Cubs for local exposure and fans, no more dealing with a Cubs oriented media, no more listening to Sox fans complaining about what TV station they were on 40 years ago or the direction the ballpark faces. And a team located in a growing market that has proven it can support major league sports instead of a city with no growth prospects. The White Sox have long been in the bottom half of the league for attendance and TV ratings, 32 times in the last 50 years.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

The Bulls and Sox have common ownership. The fact that one team is doing this and the other is doing absolutely nothing is evidence that the Sox are intentionally destroying their fan base to justify a move.

If the Sox are drawing 1.2 million, MLB will never stop the move to Nashville. JR will go from being loathed by his team's fans to being a local hero in Nashville, the team will have a honeymoon period of multiple years with the fans and media, and JR will end up with a statue on the concourse there as the man who brought MLB to Nashville. No more competing with the Cubs for local exposure and fans, no more dealing with a Cubs oriented media, no more listening to Sox fans complaining about what TV station they were on 40 years ago or the direction the ballpark faces. And a team located in a growing market that has proven it can support major league sports instead of a city with no growth prospects. The White Sox have long been in the bottom half of the league for attendance and TV ratings, 32 times in the last 50 years.

So JR is trying to destroy the value of his franchise to justify a move?

OK then...

Please stop. 

And remember while JR holds absolute power it does state in his contract that he can be removed if he does something illegal, seems to be losing his faculties or is doing something that can be considered malfeasance.   

Deliberately doing something to harm the sale value of the team would certainly justify removal by the minority owners. You don't see them doing that do you?

And there are NO GUARANTEES MLB would approve a move or approve the Sox moving to that city.

From a business standpoint that's a tremendous risk to take...no?

Edited by Lip Man 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

So JR is trying to destroy the value of his franchise to justify a move?

OK then...

Please stop. 

And remember while JR holds absolute power it does state in his contract that he can be removed if he does something illegal, seems to be losing his faculties or is doing something that can be considered malfeasance.   

Deliberately doing something to harm the sale value of the team would certainly justify removal by the minority owners. You don't see them doing that do you?

And there are NO GUARANTEES MLB would approve a move or approve the Sox moving to that city.

From a business standpoint that's a tremendous risk to take...no?

Agreed. But then, what the f*** is JR doing? 

• Fire 1

Just now, Milkman delivers said:

Agreed. But then, what the f*** is JR doing? 

I think the only one that makes sense is that JR fully believes he is running this team correctly and that all the fans are out of their minds, calling for things like Tony to be fired and for him to sell the team. He doesn't think the fans are worth listening to, and he knows the fans would complain if there was any sort of Q&A at Soxfest. His people are too important to take questions, so they're not holding Soxfest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I think the only one that makes sense is that JR fully believes he is running this team correctly and that all the fans are out of their minds, calling for things like Tony to be fired and for him to sell the team. He doesn't think the fans are worth listening to, and he knows the fans would complain if there was any sort of Q&A at Soxfest. His people are too important to take questions, so they're not holding Soxfest. 

Sounds pretty spot on. I’d say one component for sure is that he has a real disdain for the fans. That’s something that seemed like a goofy conspiracy theory a while ago, but now actually seems like it has to be true.

• Like 1