Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 11:40 AM) for me, i have no problems with his defense on the bench. no errors. LMAO. It would suck to have a $12 million bench player, but I guess it is what it is at this point. Luckily he'll be gone after 2016, as will Danks.
-
Yankees could target Samardjiza
QUOTE (Dunt @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 11:33 AM) A fly ball pitcher in that stadium. What could go wrong? Imagine if he pitched in Coors Field for half his starts...lol his ERA would be over 6 for sure.
-
White Sox official website has a possible Quintana trade chip post
Trading Q for prospects makes no sense if the team intends to compete next season. If they want to start from scratch, fine, but that means that Sale, Abreu, Eaton, etc should go as well. Trading Q would leave a big hole in the rotation both in the short term and in the futre and it wouldn't make any sense for the Sox to trade one of their best competitive pitchers if they want to play better next year.
-
Mark Buehrle to retire?
QUOTE (The Gooch @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 10:49 AM) A guy who never spent a day on the DL and still hasn't, had some shoulder problems towards the end of the season and everyone is saying he is done? He had 15 wins and an E.R.A under 4. Mark had 2 bad months. He may retire and he very well may not have nothing left. But it is just as likely that he suffered his first real injury in his career that affected his throwing. Agreed. He'll have the entire offseason now to rest and heal. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't pitching somewhere next year, unless he just doesn't want to do it anymore. Surely some team would want him.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 10:16 PM) I'm going to throw it out there, but what about Chris Davis? He's the best hitter available in free agency, can technically play multiple positions (allows both him & Abreu in the lineup in NL parks), and his addition would allow us to go defense-oriented at a couple of spots. Sign Zobrist and trade for a catcher (will use Derek Norris here) and go with something like this: 1. Eaton, CF 2. Zobrist, 3B 3. Abreu, DH/1B 4. Davis, 1B/DH 5. Cabrera, LF 6. Thompson, RF 7. Ramirez, SS 8. Norris, C 9. Sanchez, 2B Huge question marks in the bottom half of the lineup, but at least they're all strong defenders. But that 1 - 5 would be very potent and could probably carry the load. Where would LaRoche go if this happened? The bench I'm assuming?
-
Yankees could target Samardjiza
Thank god. I don't want that mediocre pitcher anywhere close to a Sox uniform next year. Good riddance...
-
Cubs-Cards NLDS
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 03:24 PM) +10000 +100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000
-
2016 MLB Draft
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 11:44 AM) They've done quite well with their #1 picks lately. Not sure what makes you think they are likely to screw it up. Anderson, Rodon, Fulmer is pretty hard to beat from any other team. In fact their last three drafts in general have looked pretty good to me. I'm not sold on Anderson or Fulmer honestly. They may be studs in the minors, but who knows what their transition to the big leagues will be like. Rodon is a stud though and I'm glad that he fell to the Sox. I'm just hoping that they can draft/develop a stud position player for once. Not someone like Sanchez or Saladino. A legit star with all the tools.
-
2016 MLB Draft
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 09:09 AM) That's not saying anything different from "take best available" which is what most people are saying. Your concept is the same just worded differently. Oh I know. I'm just reiterating it. I have a bad feeling that the Sox will f*** up this pick somehow.
-
2016 MLB Draft
I have said it before and I'll say it again: The Sox have to take a hitter at #10 unless there is a pitcher that is unbelievably good that slipped somehow.
-
What are Sox good at? Bad at?
They're good at developing pitching and horrible at everything else.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 08:14 AM) Fox Chicago news was on briefly as I went to bed last night. The reporter walking around Waveland or wherever was asking people if they "have been waiting their whole lives for this." Unless they were born in November 2008 or later, they've seen the Cubs get exactly this far already. Calm down on the hype, dude. LMAO exactly. They've won 1 playoff game so far. At least win a series before gloating. Sheesh.
-
My/Your Off Season Plan
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 08:12 AM) One team that is a potential trade partner is the Diamondbacks. Like Colorado, they have offense- and a lot of it, and they need pitching. Off the top of my head, they have Goldschmidt, Pollock, Peralta, Inciarte, and Tomas. All of the above players had great offensive seasons- Tomas was average, but he has great potential and didn't get much playing time. Obviously, Goldschmidt and Pollock would be off limits- but could Peralta, Inciarte, or Tomas be acquired by us? Peralta (LF/RF) hit .312 with 17 HR, 78 RBI, and a .371 OBP. Fangraphs is blocked for me right now, but I believe he plays slightly below average defense. Tomas (RF/3B/LF/1B), like Abreu, signed to a 6/68.5 contract, only appeared in 118 games, but hit .273 with 9 homers and 48 RBIs. Lots of potential there. Inciarte (OF), my favorite of these three, hit .303 with 6 HR, 45 RBI, and 21 stolen bases. Reminds me of Eaton offensively but with a bit more speed fewer walks. He also plays elite defense. What would the price be for one of these three? I'd love Peralta or Inciarte, but they'd require a huge haul in return. They'd probably need Q plus prospects for either one. Tomas is too expensive for what he is, so I'd pass on him.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:45 PM) @79JoseAbreu
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:42 PM) Ozzie Guillen FND @OzzieGuillen 1m1 minute ago joe is on point whit his team omg What's your Twitter username? I'd like to follow you lol.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
Holy hell this ump is bad.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:23 PM) Agreed. My friends who are fans of NL teams love it though. I have no idea why. It's basically a free out- 11% of an NL lineup is pointless. And then they gloat about how NL pitchers always have lower ERAs than AL pitchers... We are so much alike that it is crazy. My friends are exactly the same way. We might have been separated at birth.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
Cole really has nothing tonight. What a shame.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:17 PM) Pirates might as well get revenge for Kang. Who should they go at? Hell, I'd go for Arrieta at this point. I'm not a supporter of playing dirty, but the only way they stand a chance in this game is if they knock him out.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:15 PM) Guys there's an ignore list for a reason. Putting certain posters there has already vastly improved my SoxTalk experience. I don't know how to use the ignore list and I frankly don't think it's necessary. Sure, people have differing opinions, but that's part of the fun of this website IMO.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:13 PM) Gonna take a lot of s***, might as well own it I'm known as "that Sox fan"... the crazy diehard, you know? So even if I didn't wear anything Sox-related, I'd still get lots of s*** I am exactly the same way haha. I've been writing "go White Sox" in every yearbook that I've signed since 6th grade, so yeah. F the haters. I'm doing what I want.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
Not that I want it to get that far, but the Jays would destroy the Cubs in the World Series. They'd out-hit them like crazy and I don't think Arrieta would fare well against them either.
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:09 PM) This being said, should I go with my Abreu jersey, Quintana shirsey, or a 2005 World Series shirt? Can't wear my Sale jersey, as I did so today. I'm thinking the 05 shirt. 2005 shirt for sure. But then you'll probably get some wise ass that says "Sox games should be on the History Channel because that's all they think about". lol
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:08 PM) I don't question your fandom. Don't question mine, Cub fan. This isn't the first time I've seen you post Pro-Cubs stuff on here. Are you sure that you're really a Sox fan?
-
2015 Wild Card Games
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:06 PM) You don't live in chicago. You don't have to deal with it Exactly. I've heard nothing but crap all day about this stupid team and it's going to get worse now.