Everything posted by ChiSoxFanMike
-
**7/6 Epic Game Thread! Sox vs Jays!**
QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 09:37 AM) The Jays have the highest team OPS against lefties, and the gap between them and 2nd is the same as the gap between 2nd and 19th. They are downright scary. This'll be a great test for Sale (not that he needs to pass any tests). The thing is that most lefty pitchers aren't like Chris Sale. The Blue Jays also have a lot of strikeout-prone hitters so I think Sale should get to 10 K's easily. *knocks on wood*
-
**7/6 Epic Game Thread! Sox vs Jays!**
Sale is going to dominate. You know he's going to want to beat Buehrle so bad. I can see a complete game shutout with 16 K's today. He's going to be pumped up.
-
7/1 - White Sox at Cardinals
Let's make it two in a row with a second straight win over the best team in baseball.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
I'd laugh if they blew this.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
PLEASE GET A HIT SPANKY!
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 10:42 AM) I figured I'd try my luck at making a game thread. I'm 0-3 this year when I make a game thread, so hopefully that changes today. What are your predictions for Chris Sale tonight? I'm guessing: 7.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 11 K with the WIN. I was close too, except for the win part lol.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
Chris Sale is god.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:35 PM) If you look at ERA. Otherwise, utterly false. Sale still has plenty of time to lower his ERA as well.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:28 PM) By advanced metrics he's right up there with all of them. He leads all AL pitchers in fWAR. Exactly. Also, Sale has 1 or 2 starts fewer than everyone else so it's not as fair to compare them.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:27 PM) nice question, but there has to be a standard to be used to judge the pitchers. is it based on wins, innings pitched, K's shutouts, If you judge Sale based on wins, you are f***ing crazy.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:15 PM) As good as Sale has been, this is an overstatement. Who in your eyes has been better? Keuchel, Archer, and Gray have been fantastic but not on Sale's level.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:04 PM) Pitchers in MLB history with 10+ strikeouts in 8 straight games: 1. Pedro Martinez 2. Chris Sale. Hand him the Cy Young now. No one comes close to him this year IMO.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
Wow.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
Sale can do absolutely everything on the baseball field.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
Sale is so damn good. I HATE it so much that his prime years are being wasted on this awful team.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
Told ya.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
They won't score.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
Sale looks locked in so far. He only threw 1 ball that whole inning.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 03:48 PM) I will be at the game. Hoping for a Chris Sale perfect game Have fun! Hopefully Sale can put on a show for you.
-
6/30 White Sox at Cardinals
I figured I'd try my luck at making a game thread. I'm 0-3 this year when I make a game thread, so hopefully that changes today. What are your predictions for Chris Sale tonight? I'm guessing: 7.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 11 K with the WIN.
-
Cardinals interested in LaRoche?
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 08:21 AM) http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/06/ange...or-hitting.html Angels are looking to trade for a left-handed hitting, high obp player who can play left or DH. I saw they were connected to Samardzija yesterday as well. Shark and LaRoche for Trout? That sounds fair, right?
-
6/28 at Detroit Tigers
MELKY MELKY MELKY!!!
-
Sox @ St. Louis
QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 07:22 AM) I would've gone down there with family but I got my buddy's dumb wedding. You're from Gurnee? Wow, what a small world. I'm in Gurnee also.
-
Relievers moving or moves coming?
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 08:01 PM) Selling low? Do you really think he'll maintain a 14 K/9 rate going forward? He's striking out guys at an incredibly elite level, his value right now should be incredibly high regardless of his ERA. He's a guy you definitely move in the next 30 days. Him & Shark are probably our best two trade chips. Exactly. Teams in playoff contention need a reliever who throws plenty of ground-balls and can strikeout quite a few hitters. Putnam should bring back a solid prospect or two if the Sox decide to trade him.
-
white Sox willing to part with Alexei Ramirez
QUOTE (Real @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 12:11 AM) player or team? Team I'm pretty sure. The Sox would be crazy to pick up his option.