**Gary Johnson 2016 election thread**

Brian

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 8, 2016 -> 09:42 PM)
"Mr. Roosevelt, what do you think about what's happening in Warsaw?" The President needs to know what's going on all the time in the geo-political stage.

Gary had a blunder, but let's not act like it's anything more than that. He clearly knows about the Syrian conflict. He just had a brain fart. I got a laugh out of it due to his "oh shiiiiiiit" face, but there's really nothing more to it.

As for Jill Stein, she vandalized property. She's facing consequences. Also simple as that.

It's an indictment of the media that they feel so enabled to attack "gaffes" but don't know how to attack lies or inane ideas

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 8, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
He said he wanted to make it mandatory and I pretty much said its not that big of a deal to me so its funny thats what you choose to harp on

It should be a concern even if you don't have kids though. It's a national health risk when people are inconsiderate enough to not vaccinate their kids.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
It should be a concern even if you don't have kids though. It's a national health risk when people are inconsiderate enough to not vaccinate their kids.

Thats fine, Im just not in the business of telling other people how to raise their kids. Personally I think every parent should do it but without a horse in the race its not really an issue I care to debate.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
It's so fitting that "Aleppo" was trending yesterday because a politician said something dumb, and the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo was only tangenitally related and was already forgotten by the next day, isn't it?

Yeah that too, but all the fake "experts" that popped up yesterday "How could you not know aleppo it's the epicenter of ZIKA"

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
Thats fine, Im just not in the business of telling other people how to raise their kids. Personally I think every parent should do it but without a horse in the race its not really an issue I care to debate.

I understand your perspective. I don't think it's a debate though. There shouldn't be two sides to every topic. This is one where there is no other side to argue.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)

It's not even really about your individual child as it is about herd immunity and protecting those that can't be vaccinated for whatever reason.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
It's an indictment of the media that they feel so enabled to attack "gaffes" but don't know how to attack lies or inane ideas

Also an indictment of society for that being what started trending and not any real issues.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
Also an indictment of society for that being what started trending and not any real issues.

It is telling that not being able to instantly recall Aleppo is more important than what caused it, and what can be done to fix it, because we sure haven't heard anything about that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)

I don't think "trending" is a standard for anything. While its coverage may not hit what some would expect for its carnage, it has been in stalemate for years and also a major foreign policy topic for that time.

Now that a ceasefire has been established maybe Syria will be trending but not sure that's that important.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 10, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
How much of your coverage do you devote to the bachelor and 9/11 conspiracies?

Entertainment outlets devote a lot to the Bachelor.

9/11 conspiracies don't really trend.

It's why people keep focusing on Hillary's emails or why Trump got all that air time. People want to hear about it and speak with ratings, clicks and shares.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 10, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
Entertainment outlets devote a lot to the Bachelor.

9/11 conspiracies don't really trend.

It's why people keep focusing on Hillary's emails or why Trump got all that air time. People want to hear about it and speak with ratings, clicks and shares.

LOL, one trended on FB today.

Based on what I knew of Johnson from his time as a governor, and looking at his policy points, I was pretty sure I was going to vote for him for President.

But around the time of his Aleppo flub, I had started reading other things that were disturbing in terms of a lack of understanding of the workings of the world. The more I look, the more I can't do it. So I'm owning up to my own mistake, lol.

I'll be voting for Clinton, sadly. Not happy about it, but I don't really have another reasonable choice. A ham sandwich on stale white bread isn't appealing, but it's a lot better than a pile of steaming garbage, and the third party "alternative" dish gets a lot worse the more you look at it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
Based on what I knew of Johnson from his time as a governor, and looking at his policy points, I was pretty sure I was going to vote for him for President.

But around the time of his Aleppo flub, I had started reading other things that were disturbing in terms of a lack of understanding of the workings of the world. The more I look, the more I can't do it. So I'm owning up to my own mistake, lol.

I'll be voting for Clinton, sadly. Not happy about it, but I don't really have another reasonable choice. A ham sandwich on stale white bread isn't appealing, but it's a lot better than a pile of steaming garbage, and the third party "alternative" dish gets a lot worse the more you look at it.

I would imagine the next election they will flip flop and Weld will take the lead. Weld is much smarter, maybe that's mean but he's at least quicker on his feet.

• 2 weeks later...

People saying Gary Johnson would've looked good last night. Not so sure. I'm not against him but he is kind of a stiff and could see him being quiet and shy. If Jesse Ventura was there, that would've been fun.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)

Matt - You absolutely have a choice. Write in the candidate you wanted. At least then you have a clear conscious knowing that you voted for who you thought would be the best candidate and you never put your name next to the candidate that was the "least" bad.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Matt - You absolutely have a choice. Write in the candidate you wanted. At least then you have a clear conscious knowing that you voted for who you thought would be the best candidate and you never put your name next to the candidate that was the "least" bad.

That's the logic that gets Donald Trump elected President with 40% of the popular vote.

What does the world look like today if Nader doesn't swing the 2000 election to Bush? Does the US ever invade Iraq? Is the entire Middle East destabalized to the point that we end up with ISIS? If the Iraq War doesn't happen, and we don't have the "everyone gets $300" tax break, is the deficit as high as it is?

That's the issue with not voting for Clinton in a swing state (in California or Illinois, sure, go ahead and vote your conscience). If you are scared of a Trump Presidency, and you cast a vote in a swing state for Johnson or Stein or write-in somebody, you are in essence casting a vote for a Trump Presidency. Because the choice is ultimately a binary one. On November 8, 2016, either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump are going to be the next President of the United States.