You're Robin Ventura

hi8is

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
I completely forgot the 2009 Yankees... I hadn't remembered the Yankees winning one in quite awhile.

So I guess... on our 40 man roster we have 5 players with playoff experience.

I guess that's probably common on many bad/mediocre teams.

Not sure if it changes my initial "narrative" - we don't have many players who have experienced winning/know how to win at the big league level.

Navarro

Frazier

Cabrera

Jackson

Garcia

Avila

Morneau

Gonzalez

Shields

Robertson

So that's 40% of what our 25 man will be when Avila and Jackson are back. So basically the majority of the vets that Hahn brought all had prior postseason experience.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)
Navarro

Frazier

Cabrera

Jackson

Garcia

Avila

Morneau

Gonzalez

Shields

Robertson

So that's 40% of what our 25 man will be when Avila and Jackson are back. So basically the majority of the vets that Hahn brought all had prior postseason experience.

we can place this narrative next to "Gamethreads are directly affected by games on channel 50"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
we can place this narrative next to "Gamethreads are directly affected by games on channel 50"

There were a few new people I never realized played in the post season.

I'm not sure how that compares to other teams.

So yeah if 10/25 of your active roster is a good number I guess I'm wrong. However some aren't really active atm...

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
"Has anyone seen my crayons? I'm trying to finish this coloring book and I think I left them in the dugout. I almost colored everything in the lines this time!"

Hah - you made me chuckle.

:)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
Avila and Jackson made the playoffs four consective seasons.

Shields in 2008 and 2014...in the World Series.

Robertson with the Yankees when he could throw 96-98.

Cabrera with the Giants.

Robertson never threw 96-98. In fact he is throwing as hard now as he ever has.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
Do you have 2012 and 2013 pitch fx data?

His fb was higher velocity in early 2014.

Look at fan graphs. It isn't hard. You are wrong again. Ice throws harder now than 2012 and 2013. n fact, when he signed, fangraphs had an article about him and his 92 mph fastball. Maybe once in a while you can link your made up numbers.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/david-rober...trange-arsenal/

Edited by Dick Allen

"Well, I don't have to throw water bottles, smash coolers in the hallway, or flip tables tonight. 6 runs - that's what I'm talking about. It's not just the win that's important here boys - it's the fight. The fact that you battled back. That's what's important. You followed a gutless night with this and I'm content. This isn't over as you all very well f***ing know."

Walks over to Robinson's locker. Puts hand on shoulder.

"Tonight was some redemption... Redemption from last night. Tomorrow, start to redeem this season. Go on a run for the history books. No more one day at a time even keel s*** guys. Win a bunch of f***ing games and run your way back into this race. Get our lead back. This thing was ours and you all want it back. So go get it back."

Takes cup out. Throws it in the trash. Walks to the locker room door, turns and says, "what?"

"Now put on some f***ing Michael Jackson grooves and get ready to streak your way into October."

Edited by hi8is

Team walks off the field after tonight's loss, to find Ventura huddled around about 50,000 used Kleenex boxes. His hat is barely peeking out of a massive pile of soggy tissue paper and whimpering can be heard at the center of this fluffy mountain.

"Guys... The prevention hotline worked last night..." His words are broken by uncontrolled sobbing... "They said I needed to trust you all. Well I did and now what?"

Eaton walks up to the pile and pats his skippers hat. With an encouraging tone he says, "Where's Drake when ya need him, skip?"

A shotgun rings out. Blood, brains, and bone chips fly all over the room.

Eaton, covered in red smut - says, "well, I tried."

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 07:01 AM)
I think JR likes Ventura too much to fire him. JR is hoping he will just resign or part ways after the season.

I agree with you and I feel like that's his approach on his favorite ex players/ Loyal employees like KW and Robin. Bucket said in another thread "they" thought KW would step aside. LOL what a way to run things, "hope" people quit instead of having to fire someone.