White sox may be reconsidering their stance of being non sellers

Whisox05

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman

The #WhiteSox are at least listening on offers for Sale and Quintana, with the #RedSox among many interested parties

With the combo of it being Papi's last year & Dave Dombrowski. I see a Q & Robertson for Yoan Moncada + prospects happening within the next week

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on Quintana to the Pirates for (BA rankings):

6. Tyler Glasnow rhp Pirates Glasnow’s control still wavers, but almost no one ever squares him up.

10. Austin Meadows of Pirates Meadows is almost big league-ready, although it’s hard to figure where the Pirates can fit him in.

38. Josh Bell 1b Pirates Defense remains in question, but offensively Bell remains a force with .324/.407/.535 slash line.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
FYI, when Rick was hired it was always understood that Kenny would eventually step away. He was supposed to, but never has.

Bucket!! got any scoop for us? Think Q will be moved or who are the Sox hoping to move in the next week

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
Hahn has always said they would listen to offers for any of their players.

Yeah...it's just a repeat of everything we already know. They will always listen. Price doesnt change.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman

The #WhiteSox are at least listening on offers for Sale and Quintana, with the #RedSox among many interested parties

And it begins.

Sale to the Red Sox for Moncada, Benintendi, Devers, Kopech, +

Quintana to the Dodgers for Urias, Bellinger, Verdugo, +

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
Anytime you can help Dom blast apart his farm system you do it.

I'm more excited about the possibility of getting Urias though

Moncada to me is the prize of the minors. Also, any trade with the Red Sox would most definitely include Swihart.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
FYI, when Rick was hired it was always understood that Kenny would eventually step away. He was supposed to, but never has.

Wasnt there kind of a big power struggle behind the scenes because of this exact thing last season?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
I still think sale's value makes him untradeable. Quintana's should, but...the world is not fair.

I agree with this. It's pretty easy to expect less of a return on Quintana.

It's hard to imagine a team offering what it would take to get them Sale, plus the team and fanbase are so invested in him.

They should be just as invested in Quintana, or at least pretty close, but aren't. It would be interesting hearing the offers. I'd imagine there is a lot bigger difference in the offers than there is in performance.

The trade sale hypothetical is crazy. I on one hand 100% believe in some of the insane packages for him and that they theoretically are true, the potential to get a 8 WAR player for the next 3-4 years at his price is unprecedented. On the other hand, I can't see being on the other side and throwing all the chips required for just a single player.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
I agree with this. It's pretty easy to expect less of a return on Quintana.

It's hard to imagine a team offering what it would take to get them Sale, plus the team and fanbase are so invested in him.

They should be just as invested in Quintana, or at least pretty close, but aren't. It would be interesting hearing the offers. I'd imagine there is a lot bigger difference in the offers than there is in performance.

Which is why I have outlined why I think I'd move Sale over Q (not to mention we have an extra year with Q vs. Sale).

I have to say though...the Rangers/Dodgers fans are a little more realistic with their trade ideas than Red Sox fans.

We should bow down to them for even the chance to talk to such a historic franchise about a trade.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
The trade sale hypothetical is crazy. I on one hand 100% believe in some of the insane packages for him and that they theoretically are true, the potential to get a 8 WAR player for the next 3-4 years at his price is unprecedented. On the other hand, I can't see being on the other side and throwing all the chips required for just a single player.

It's why Boston makes the most sense, as they still keep their core together more than the other teams if they empty out the farm.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 04:29 PM)
I have to say though...the Rangers/Dodgers fans are a little more realistic with their trade ideas than Red Sox fans.

We should bow down to them for even the chance to talk to such a historic franchise about a trade.

Will Middlebrooks for Quintana

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:31 PM)
Will Middlebrooks for Quintana

I've lost track of the amount of times we looked over their farm system over the years. But it's the same deal with them. You get trash for good players. They are quite arrogant.

Edited by Baron