Guaranteed Rate Field official at Midnight

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
The advertisements involved with a franchise still portray an image of the team. Even though the downward logo has to do with mortgage rates, it still gives a negative image when it's plastered next to the team's logo.

It's why no team plays at Bob's Dildos Field. Sure, Bob's Dildos may be the best dildo company in the whole world and everybody has nothing but positive things to say about the company, but you still don't want a big dildo plastered all over your stadium walls, no matter how much revenue it brings in.

That is a bad example. Not even close. I personally feel White Sox fans as a whole are sophisticated enough to realize the downward arrow is the logo of a mortgage company, and has the ability to separate that from the team. It's just currently, they don't want to. I do believe if the team had been successful recently, this would be no issue.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
They know what they are doing. From their comments it seems like they just hate the fan base and are content to rub it in our faces whenever it is convenient. Sell the team and move to Vegas. Sox can play in the AL West and move Houston to the AL Central.

I have no idea how someone can believe this, and still be a fan of the team.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 08:01 AM)
The advertisements involved with a franchise still portray an image of the team. Even though the downward logo has to do with mortgage rates, it still gives a negative image when it's plastered next to the team's logo.

It's why no team plays at Bob's Dildos Field. Sure, Bob's Dildos may be the best dildo company in the whole world and everybody has nothing but positive things to say about the company, but you still don't want a big dildo plastered all over your stadium walls, no matter how much revenue it brings in.

Oh, there WILL be a time!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
Heck, maybe we can get some sponsors like Dumpster Fire International, Anemia Society of America, and America's Funniest Bloopers. Shouldn't matter how they tie into the image of the ball club.

Weiner's Weiners?

If the White Sox just did the exact opposite of whatever their instincts were the last 2-3 years, they couldn't be any worse off.

Yes, if the White Sox are the Cubs and Wrigley was renamed...Guaranteed Rate is giving them $75-100 million and it's a downpayment on another franchise pitcher. Diversified revenue streams. Brilliant. Everyone would be lauding the decision unless the entire organization fell apart next season and they didn't make the playoffs again until 2026.

Of course with the White Sox, that money usually turns into another Keppinger, Teahen or Bonifacio instead.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
That is a bad example. Not even close. I personally feel White Sox fans as a whole are sophisticated enough to realize the downward arrow is the logo of a mortgage company, and has the ability to separate that from the team. It's just currently, they don't want to. I do believe if the team had been successful recently, this would be no issue.

I agree 100%, and I am admittedly one of those people. If they were coming off a playoff appearance, then I'd crack a joke or two and forget about it. But as someone who feels like he's running out of reasons to root for the Sox, it's just another thing to grind my gears.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
I agree 100%, and I am admittedly one of those people. If they were coming off a playoff appearance, then I'd crack a joke or two and forget about it. But as someone who feels like he's running out of reasons to root for the Sox, it's just another thing to grind my gears.

Worst part is the name sounds like those spam email banks. The nation will see it and think "Credit One Field" "Currency Exchange Field" or "Cash 4 Gold Field"

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)

Don't give the Cubs and their fans ideas they'd love.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:30 PM)
The name/logo are stupid, but you guys are making it seem like they relocated the franchise. Chill.

Well that's probably because the Sox are getting laughed at across the country by the masses. I was in Vegas when it was announced and was asked about it several times while wearing my hat. Each time ended in big laughter from askee.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:26 PM)
Yeah that arrow pointing down is fine for a company promoting low rates. Not so for a sports team looking to build up from garbage and years of underachieving.

The White Sox aren't using that logo. They are just getting paid to have it painted on the wall at the park.

If Guaranteed Rate bought ad space at the scorers table for the Bulls or on the boards for the Hawks, where it would be seen more prominently during games, no one would say anything about the arrow pointing down.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Well that's probably because the Sox are getting laughed at across the country by the masses. I was in Vegas when it was announced and was asked about it several times while wearing my hat. Each time ended in big laughter from askee.

How awful for you. I'm glad you were able to recover.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
How awful for you. I'm glad you were able to recover.

Everyone here understands you are trying to point out that some folks may be overreacting. And most people agree with you.

But holy s*** do you find new and amazing ways to destroy threads by slippery sloping every... single... f***ing... post you disagree with.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)
Everyone here understands you are trying to point out that some folks may be overreacting. And most people agree with you.

But holy s*** do you find new and amazing ways to destroy threads by slippery sloping every... single... f***ing... post you disagree with.

This thread should be destroyed. It's old news and the complaints remain the same and are ridiculous.

Edited by Dick Allen

I guess "old news" equals pretty much every sports related place I visit online having a story on this and everybody (well 90%) of the commentators ripping on the Sox for how awful this is?

Just wait Dick, it will be "old news" when the Sox are 10 under in July next year and they are struggling to get 20K a night. That's the "old news" for us fans. That the team sucks and is incredibly out of touch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
Responding to your troll job? Yes, I supposed it is.

No, you always piping in when someone else responded to my posts. You did nothing before then, then tried the pile on a SS2k5 signature move.

But let's get this back on track. This is just a horrible thing for the Sox to do to their fans. Now everyone can be happy.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
No, you always piping in when someone else responded to my posts. You did nothing before then, then tried the pile on a SS2k5 signature move.

But let's get this back on track. This is just a horrible thing for the Sox to do to their fans. Now everyone can be happy.

Hey Dick, I could throw a Jerry Reinsdorf rant in here and have the heat turned on me for a bit to give you a breather if you want. Just let me know. I'm here for you!!

:lol:

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
I guess "old news" equals pretty much every sports related place I visit online having a story on this and everybody (well 90%) of the commentators ripping on the Sox for how awful this is?

Just wait Dick, it will be "old news" when the Sox are 10 under in July next year and they are struggling to get 20K a night. That's the "old news" for us fans. That the team sucks and is incredibly out of touch.

From August 25th.

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/20...k-branding.html

Soxtalk thread about the same thing from August 24th. You have more than a few posts in it

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100501

This isn't news. Everyone knew Nov 1 the name changed.

Edited by Dick Allen